A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

s/l "Homay grip" for burr holes for subdural hematoma - Kel

Posted: Jul 13, 2010

I used a "homay grip" for both holes.

maybe Hoen's traction? but not for subdural - ddd

[ In Reply To ..]
Hoen's traction is placed into burr holes, but not for subdural hematomas....just thought I would throw it out there.

Similar Messages:

Acute Subdural Hematoma-neurosurgery
Jul 26, 2012

The skin incision was then T'd posteriorly over the ear and additional bone in the region of the temporal *squamosa* was exposed. Is it squamosa, sclerosa, sclerosis.... ...

Preoperative Diagnosis: Left Acute Subdural Hematoma
Nov 10, 2009

left intracranial hemotoma, s/l "thrombocyto-purr-ee-a" secondary to aspirin.  ...

"skim" Subdural Hematoma
Oct 02, 2014

This doctor says "skim" subdural hematoma and spells it out, but I cannot verify it or find out what it means.  Can anyone tell me what it means or where to look?  Thanks! ...

What A Bunch Of A-holes
Dec 17, 2014

Only lost about $20 last week working PT thanks to their new pay schedule, 99.64% accuracy but 12.78 for QA because of blanks because of their incompetent dictators who don't know how to speak English and their poor quality voice files.  Oh yeah, and I'm getting put on a new accout too!  Aren't I lucky?  Guess I'll be joining the cherry pickers now.  ...

S/l Hospi Burr?
Dec 20, 2009

A complete decompressive diskectomy was performed with the (s/l hospi) burr, pituitary rongeur, currettes, and 2-mm Kerrison rongeur. Help on the highlighted red, what could it be? I'm stuck!!! ...

Subdural Bleb
Mar 13, 2012

Brain MRI showed subdural bleb still ____ the left hemisphere with swelling of the left hemispheric region and hyperintensity within the inferior frontal lobes.   sounds like overwelling. ...

Surgical Burr HELP
Oct 17, 2013

This is an ortho procedure for a right patella fracture. Dictator said: An "onspock" pencil tip burr was then used to carve out a wedge block of iliac crest, and then this was further loosened and removed with a curved osteotome. s/l "on spock" TIA ...

Grip Of The Day
Nov 25, 2011

Over many years, reading many posts on these boards, I am still shocked every time I see grammar error using comma/period "outside" quotation marks. As professional MTs we should all be aware that commas and periods go "Inside" the quotation marks -- Always.   Most shocking is when I see QA editors continually make these errors in their posts on these boards.  Scary. These rules have changed over the years, but current grammar rules state they go "inside" always. Pay attention when ...

Portals Or Port Holes After Endoscopic Surgery?
Oct 15, 2009

x ...

My Doctor Nephew Just Found Out Why His Reports Are Full Of Holes
Dec 01, 2009

His dictation is going offshore and coming back a mess. He doesn't have time to sit down and edit and there is nobody at the hospital doing any proofing. I know the VA won't allow offshoring but does anyone know who at the VA made that decision and how I can get ahold of them? ...

Burr Or Murr Skills Intact?
Jul 15, 2011

This is part of the physical exam.  It is mentioned after cranial nerves (although I'm not sure if it goes along with that or not) and sounds like either burr skills or murr skills.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!  ...

Grip Strength Is Equal To The S/l Mean Norminant Values
Apr 20, 2012

I have never heard this. ...

Grip Strength In His Upper And Lower Extremities?
Nov 20, 2012

The Dr. says "Grip strength is 5/5 in the upper and lower extremities."  Is he misspeaking, or is there grip strength measurement for the lower extremities?     Thanks! ...

Type Of Hematoma
Nov 07, 2009

Has anyone ever heard of a "sillias hematoma"?  It's something that could form after a hip surgery.  Also, I'm having trouble with a name of a medication that sounds like "Awindernate".  Thanks! ...

Cephal Hematoma?
Feb 03, 2010

this is an adult female who fell and hit the back of her head on a cement stair- she had a cephtal hematoma?  I know this but just cannot put the right words/spelling together-please help!  ...

Moral Ovale Hematoma Of Hip?
Nov 20, 2012

Moral ovale hematoma of hip? ...

2 Terms In A Craniotomy With Removal Of Hematoma??
Aug 29, 2011

New ones on me: _______with intraoperative Doppler S/L incination or encination - guess it could be uncination but does not s/l that at all   Recurrent arteries of ______were identified bilaterally and then working through the frontal gyrus.... S/L huminer   Just curious - anyone know? ...

Left Basal Ganglia Hematoma- Help Please
Jul 19, 2012

I can not understand a particular line in this dictation. It sounds like he is stating: He was taken to the hospital where he was admitted with a CT of his head showing a 2-1-3 sign on the left basal ganglia hematoma... The bold italic part is where I can not understand the dictation. Any idea what this might be?     ...

Pt With Enlarging Hematoma In Groin And Doc Put In S/l TempStop In The Femoral Artery.
Aug 18, 2010

I got a mush-mouthed ESL, it's been a long day and the headache is already pounding.  Any ideas anyone? ...

End Point Versus Endpoint And Hand Grip Versus Handgrip
Mar 13, 2012

Two words that come up often for questioning.  These are strictly used in an orthopedic setting.  Stedman's and Dorland's list end point and hand grip HOWEVER the office transcription manager,  girl is asking for me to correct this to endpoint and handgrip. She is only basing this on what an old medical transcription company she used to work for had her typing. I would rather base it on the  medical reference. The doctors are not even aware this has come up. She is ...

On Motor Exam, Is It 2 Out Of 5 "hand Grip" Or "handgrip"??
Oct 28, 2010

:) ...

S/l Stone "burn"/"burr"
Oct 03, 2010

lots of static but it sounds like: She underwent lithotripsy and stent placement for stone burn/burr. ...