A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

cephal hematoma? - Mary

Posted: Feb 03, 2010

this is an adult female who fell and hit the back of her head on a cement stair- she had a cephtal hematoma?  I know this but just cannot put the right words/spelling together-please help! 

Only thing I can think of - Janie

[ In Reply To ..]

Any chance you can hear subdural hematoma ???

subdural hematoma  a hematoma between the dura mater and the pia-arachnoid, usually caused by the head's striking an immovable object such as a wall or the floor of a room; there may or may not be a significant head injury or fracture.

cephalohematoma - dsauverwald

[ In Reply To ..]
It is possibly cephalohematoma. Usually, this is a complication in a fetus during childbirth, but is basically a collection of blood under the scalp, which would fit in the description you provided; the patient hit her head.

cephalohematoma? - Iamgood

[ In Reply To ..]
Could also be cephalhematoma.

Similar Messages:

Type Of Hematoma
Nov 07, 2009

Has anyone ever heard of a "sillias hematoma"?  It's something that could form after a hip surgery.  Also, I'm having trouble with a name of a medication that sounds like "Awindernate".  Thanks! ...

Moral Ovale Hematoma Of Hip?
Nov 20, 2012

Moral ovale hematoma of hip? ...

2 Terms In A Craniotomy With Removal Of Hematoma??
Aug 29, 2011

New ones on me: _______with intraoperative Doppler S/L incination or encination - guess it could be uncination but does not s/l that at all   Recurrent arteries of ______were identified bilaterally and then working through the frontal gyrus.... S/L huminer   Just curious - anyone know? ...

Left Basal Ganglia Hematoma- Help Please
Jul 19, 2012

I can not understand a particular line in this dictation. It sounds like he is stating: He was taken to the hospital where he was admitted with a CT of his head showing a 2-1-3 sign on the left basal ganglia hematoma... The bold italic part is where I can not understand the dictation. Any idea what this might be?     ...

Acute Subdural Hematoma-neurosurgery
Jul 26, 2012

The skin incision was then T'd posteriorly over the ear and additional bone in the region of the temporal *squamosa* was exposed. Is it squamosa, sclerosa, sclerosis.... ...

Preoperative Diagnosis: Left Acute Subdural Hematoma
Nov 10, 2009

left intracranial hemotoma, s/l "thrombocyto-purr-ee-a" secondary to aspirin.  ...

Pt With Enlarging Hematoma In Groin And Doc Put In S/l TempStop In The Femoral Artery.
Aug 18, 2010

I got a mush-mouthed ESL, it's been a long day and the headache is already pounding.  Any ideas anyone? ...

S/l "Homay Grip" For Burr Holes For Subdural Hematoma
Jul 13, 2010

I used a "homay grip" for both holes. ...

"skim" Subdural Hematoma
Oct 02, 2014

This doctor says "skim" subdural hematoma and spells it out, but I cannot verify it or find out what it means.  Can anyone tell me what it means or where to look?  Thanks! ...