A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

left basal ganglia hematoma- help please - j0563

Posted: Jul 19, 2012

I can not understand a particular line in this dictation. It sounds like he is stating:

He was taken to the hospital where he was admitted with a CT of his head showing a 2-1-3 sign on the left basal ganglia hematoma...

The bold italic part is where I can not understand the dictation. Any idea what this might be?

Could it be 2.3 cm? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
?

2-1-3 for sure - j0563

[ In Reply To ..]
Centemeter... possibly. However, the "2-1-3" part is very clear. It's the word(s) after that which are unclear.

Similar Messages:

DaTscan Showed Asymmetric S/l Radiotration Noted In The Basal Ganglia - Sm
Jan 29, 2015

He says this is consistent with Parkinson's.   ...

Preoperative Diagnosis: Left Acute Subdural Hematoma
Nov 10, 2009

left intracranial hemotoma, s/l "thrombocyto-purr-ee-a" secondary to aspirin.  ...

Deviated "strange" Into The Left Basal Vein Of Rosenthal,
Oct 25, 2011

On MRA of brain with AVM.  The arterial supply is predominantly from the left anterior choroidal artery, with smaller contributions arising from the left posterior choroidal artery and lenticulostriate perforating vessels.  There is a deviated "strange" into the left basal vein of Rosenthal, left thalamostriate vein, and left anterior septal veins. ...

Ophthalmus On The Left With Slight Ptosis On The Left Secondary To *metrofeed* Left Eye Globe? Thank
Aug 31, 2010

nm ...

Type Of Hematoma
Nov 07, 2009

Has anyone ever heard of a "sillias hematoma"?  It's something that could form after a hip surgery.  Also, I'm having trouble with a name of a medication that sounds like "Awindernate".  Thanks! ...

Cephal Hematoma?
Feb 03, 2010

this is an adult female who fell and hit the back of her head on a cement stair- she had a cephtal hematoma?  I know this but just cannot put the right words/spelling together-please help!  ...

Moral Ovale Hematoma Of Hip?
Nov 20, 2012

Moral ovale hematoma of hip? ...

2 Terms In A Craniotomy With Removal Of Hematoma??
Aug 29, 2011

New ones on me: _______with intraoperative Doppler S/L incination or encination - guess it could be uncination but does not s/l that at all   Recurrent arteries of ______were identified bilaterally and then working through the frontal gyrus.... S/L huminer   Just curious - anyone know? ...

Acute Subdural Hematoma-neurosurgery
Jul 26, 2012

The skin incision was then T'd posteriorly over the ear and additional bone in the region of the temporal *squamosa* was exposed. Is it squamosa, sclerosa, sclerosis.... ...

Fitivo-basal Estroqu
Aug 11, 2010

Sounds like fictivo-basal-estroqu... has gait unsteadiness...I believe it was a type of operation. ...

Basal Cell Carcinoma Description
Nov 05, 2009

a small, raised lesion that actually appears to be a basal cell carcinoma.  It is in the vermilion border.  It is associated with some dimpling in the center and has the rather typical pearly appearance with two injected vessels.- does anyone have a guess as to what sounds like "two injected vessels might be.?  This lesion is on her lip.  ...

Pt With Enlarging Hematoma In Groin And Doc Put In S/l TempStop In The Femoral Artery.
Aug 18, 2010

I got a mush-mouthed ESL, it's been a long day and the headache is already pounding.  Any ideas anyone? ...

Basal Versus Basilar Cistern In Cranial CT
Nov 17, 2009

In a cranial CT I have always transcribed "basal" cistern, but in the report I have, the doctor clearly is stating "basilar" cistern.  The Stedman's electronic dictionary I have shows "basal" cistern also.  Can someone tell me which is correct, or are they interchangeable?  Thank you. ...

Increase Her Basal Metabolic Temperature With Increasing *syn V 3*? Thanks. Nm
Mar 06, 2011

nm ...

Biopsy Of Basal Cell Carcioma On Eyelid.
Feb 28, 2012

Excisional biopsy of right lower lid basal cell carcinoma.  A marking pen was used to outline the "pearline" nodule.  (does this mean pearl-like - ??) Thank you! ...

Left Double *clocking* System In The Left Kidney Repaired. Thanks. Nm
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

S/l "Homay Grip" For Burr Holes For Subdural Hematoma
Jul 13, 2010

I used a "homay grip" for both holes. ...

Electroencephalogram: Left Temporal Focal Slowing In The 6 Hz Range With Left Temporal Sharp Transie
Apr 18, 2010

nm ...

Basal Cell Carcinoma Excised By "o Dara" Treatment.
Feb 03, 2011

? ...

Syncopal Episode Likely, SL "basal Vagal Do Do" GI Illness.
Feb 27, 2010

Any ideas on this one? Syncopal episode likely, "basal vagal do do" GI illness. ...

"skim" Subdural Hematoma
Oct 02, 2014

This doctor says "skim" subdural hematoma and spells it out, but I cannot verify it or find out what it means.  Can anyone tell me what it means or where to look?  Thanks! ...

Basal Joint Versus Basilar Joint
Jul 16, 2012

Are they both the same thing? I've had doctors dictate both and was curious if they meant anything different than thumb CMC? Thank you :-) ...

Preop Diagnosis Is S/l"kay-less" Foot Left. The Procedure Is Left S/l "cold" Mid
May 26, 2010

left calcaneal osteotomy.  ...

"right And Left Foot" Or "right And Left Feet"
Jun 13, 2011

This doc always says, "right and left foot", but i cant help but think that it should be "right and left feet"..... Can someone clear this up for me?   For example:  The patient comes in today for examinatin of his right and left foot.  or   The patient's right and left foot appears in normal condition.   ...

Left Hip WHAT??
Jan 07, 2011

I have no idea what that last word is (spelled phonetically), but here is the sentence in its entirety.  Hopefully someone can help shed some light on it. Patient was admitted from an outpatient setting on ..... for elective left total hip replacement secondary to history of left hip "skiffy".  ...

Why, Oh Why, Could They Not Have Left Well Enough Alone.
Mar 25, 2013

Just finished the practice job and I think I have several bald spots.  DO NOT LIKE EBEYONDTEXT.  I sincerely hope it gets better. ...

Has Anyone Left And Still Kept
May 08, 2013

life insurance ...

Are There Any Left?
Jun 04, 2014

Are there any companies left that either transfer files by FTP or similar and leave you alone to do your work as long as it is in TAT?  I work at home due to my anxiety.  Have a position with a company that is trying to start some kind of group thing where you have someone hovering over you while you work or you are supposed to be the hoverer for someone else, which might be okay for some people who like working with others.  I have never been able to work well with people.   ...

Left
Feb 28, 2015

Left Mmodal first of the year, not unhappy at all. After almost 20 years with them, I feel great. I now work 15 hours a week doing respite care for a 3-year-old and love it. Feel sorry for those of you still there. ...

S/l Left Central 7
Jan 08, 2010

At that time she had developed left facial weakness which, on examination, was very clearly left central 7. ...