A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

acute subdural hematoma-neurosurgery - ls

Posted: Jul 26, 2012

The skin incision was then T'd posteriorly over the ear and additional bone in the region of the temporal *squamosa* was exposed. Is it squamosa, sclerosa, sclerosis....

Squamosa - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Preoperative Diagnosis: Left Acute Subdural Hematoma
Nov 10, 2009

left intracranial hemotoma, s/l "thrombocyto-purr-ee-a" secondary to aspirin.  ...

S/l "Homay Grip" For Burr Holes For Subdural Hematoma
Jul 13, 2010

I used a "homay grip" for both holes. ...

"skim" Subdural Hematoma
Oct 02, 2014

This doctor says "skim" subdural hematoma and spells it out, but I cannot verify it or find out what it means.  Can anyone tell me what it means or where to look?  Thanks! ...

Subdural Bleb
Mar 13, 2012

Brain MRI showed subdural bleb still ____ the left hemisphere with swelling of the left hemispheric region and hyperintensity within the inferior frontal lobes.   sounds like overwelling. ...

Neurosurgery
Apr 27, 2011

anterior cervical diskectomy and fusion back in May using interbody allograft bone and intramedullary instrumentation with the advancement of S/L fusion pleading system???? ...

Neurosurgery... Please See Message..
Aug 30, 2011

The deep tendon reflexes are of normal caliber.  They are equal and symmetric to s/l histoid, stagmoid, and plantar stimulation.  TIA ...

Feel Like I Should Know This--neurosurgery
Oct 14, 2011

Left s/l *CARE-dee-oh-nal* craniotomy for an anterior skull base approach for microsurgical resection of a complex 2-cm suprasellar mass. Thanks in advance. ...

Neurology & Neurosurgery References
Feb 26, 2010

I am picking up a new clinic and I am hoping those of you who have been doing Neuro/Neurosurg might be able to suggest some of your favorite links for these specialties.  I am very excited about the new clinic, but pretty nervous too.  There is so much to learn.   Any ideas on where I can find the best references in these fields?  Thanks in advance.... ...

Neurosurgery Help Please S/l Solaris Titanum Plating System
Aug 07, 2012

x ...

Type Of Hematoma
Nov 07, 2009

Has anyone ever heard of a "sillias hematoma"?  It's something that could form after a hip surgery.  Also, I'm having trouble with a name of a medication that sounds like "Awindernate".  Thanks! ...

Cephal Hematoma?
Feb 03, 2010

this is an adult female who fell and hit the back of her head on a cement stair- she had a cephtal hematoma?  I know this but just cannot put the right words/spelling together-please help!  ...

Moral Ovale Hematoma Of Hip?
Nov 20, 2012

Moral ovale hematoma of hip? ...

2 Terms In A Craniotomy With Removal Of Hematoma??
Aug 29, 2011

New ones on me: _______with intraoperative Doppler S/L incination or encination - guess it could be uncination but does not s/l that at all   Recurrent arteries of ______were identified bilaterally and then working through the frontal gyrus.... S/L huminer   Just curious - anyone know? ...

Left Basal Ganglia Hematoma- Help Please
Jul 19, 2012

I can not understand a particular line in this dictation. It sounds like he is stating: He was taken to the hospital where he was admitted with a CT of his head showing a 2-1-3 sign on the left basal ganglia hematoma... The bold italic part is where I can not understand the dictation. Any idea what this might be?     ...

Pt With Enlarging Hematoma In Groin And Doc Put In S/l TempStop In The Femoral Artery.
Aug 18, 2010

I got a mush-mouthed ESL, it's been a long day and the headache is already pounding.  Any ideas anyone? ...

S/l "Vernato" Soaked In Bone Marrow Aspirate - Op Neurosurgery
Sep 19, 2013

Acute Care - What Does Acute Care Consist Of?
Apr 08, 2010

I know this is a really stupid question but, what does acute care consist of?  What types of reports are acute care?  I understand that it is basically emergency type of care or short-term care, but exactly what types of reports would you be transcribing? TIA ...

How Do You Get Into Acute Care?
Dec 29, 2009

Alot of the job listings ask for 5+ years in this area, so how do you get into it in the first place? I don't mind starting at the bottom and moving up... But where is the bottom? I had a job with a company but they would not pay me. So now I am trying to look for a job again and not many people wantt o hire someone that does not have alot of experience. So.. How do you get into a specialty?? ...

Acute-on-chronic Or Acute On Chronic
Feb 06, 2010

How would  you type this... Acute-on-chronic or acute on chronic? ...

Acute On Chronic
May 22, 2010

Which is the correct way -- acute on chronic or acute-on-chronic? ...

Acute Care! Acute Care! Acute Care!
Oct 04, 2010

That's it!  I've had it with transcription companies that only offer acute care transcription and don't pay you anything for it anyway!  That if you don't have acute care experience or been lucky enough to obtain it.  SOL.  I'm changing my profession. ...

WOW, Just Saw An Ad For 0.6 CPL For ACUTE CARE! (sm)
Dec 29, 2010

I truly hope that no one applies for this job.  That is even beyond ridiculous for clinic work! ...

Acute-on-chronic Vs Acute On Chronic
May 31, 2011

I have used acute-on-chronic for years, but more recently my VR prints out acute on chronic.  Did I miss something?  i.e. acute-on-chronic kidney disease. ...

Why Does Acute Care Have More ESL?
Nov 10, 2012

I transcribe both clinic and some acute care, and the acute care that I transcribe has a higher percentage of ESL dictators.  It seems like that is typical for acute care.  Why is that?  Are the ESL doctors drawn more to being hospitalists? ...

Ped Vs Acute Care
Sep 26, 2013

What is the difference between ped and regular adult acute care transription?  I am being asked if I have ped experience but wouldn't they be the same?   ...

Acute Care?
Sep 23, 2014

As a relative newbie MT, I'm not certain what "acute care" means. Does it mean basically all reports that are from doctors in the hospital setting? That is, would any hospital operative note, hospital progress note, and all discharge summaries be considered "acute care"? I know a clinic note is basically a note by an outpatient doctor, right? And it's basically about more minor medical problems albeit could be chronic rather than "acute." ...

Acute S/l Basketer Event?
Oct 21, 2009

This pt has myopathy, hypertension, type 2 diabetes, gerd, osteoarthritis.  Doc says upon presentation to the hospital the pt did not seem to have any acute s/l basketer event.  ...

What Is Acute Care Experience?
Nov 02, 2009

What is acute care experience?  Do you work for the hospital? I am sooo green to MT! Appreciate advice about this. Still waiting to start the AIM  MT internship. Anyone done it?   Diane in Vermont   ...

Help With Radiology And Acute Care
Dec 26, 2009

Happy Christmas everyone!  I am looking after 2 accounts over Christmas, one Radiology and one Acute Care, neither of which I have any experience of!  Can anybody out there point me in the direction of some good websites that would give me vocabulary lists or a "crash course" on these topics?!  ...

Working As An MT Acute Care...
Feb 22, 2010

I completed my education with Everett Community College in their Career Step program for MT training in Dec. 2006.  I have been working ever since in a rehab/therapy clinic.  I am the only one who does the transcription for 7 therapists and it is a rather busy office.  I have wanted to find work doing hospital transcription and certainly not from lack of trying to locate work on my part.  What frustrates me is that I was told by my instructors that I should be able to find su ...