A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nitropaste - NTP - Nitro-Bid - DTOM

Posted: May 20, 2010

The majority of providers dictate "nitropaste" applied to the chest.  Is this a generic name, and if so, for what? I have been told to transcribe it as "nitroglycerin paste." What is the correct form?

nitro paste or nitroglycerin paste - QA2

[ In Reply To ..]
nitro paste is a "slang" term for nitroglycerin paste. If your account allows slang, then type as dictated. If they do not allow the use of slang terms, then spell it out as nitroglycerin paste.

No Such Thing - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
There is no such thing on the market. As stated, they are clipping nitroglycerin.

A generic drug wouldn't have the "paste" in it, and probably not just nitro, either. I just type nitro paste since they say not to expand abbreviations, except in those designated areas where we're supposed to. Can't picture someone getting in trouble for expanding it to nitroglycerin, though, but one never knows.

Nitroglycerin paste, nitro is just being used as short form. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Nitropaste, Nitroglycerin Paste, NitroPaste???
Oct 29, 2009

How do you transcribe when "nitropaste" is dictated? ...

How To Type Nitropaste?
Nov 18, 2009

What is the correct way to type nitro paste....nitropaste?  Please reply with a link to a reference. ...

Is Nitropaste A Word? TIA
Jan 28, 2014

Thank you ...

Nitro Drip
Jan 03, 2010

Should the expression "nitro drip" be used?  I have a note from quite awhile back saying that this should be changed to nitroglycerin infusion.  The doc is dictating nitro drip.  ...

Nitro-Dur Doseage Help
Mar 25, 2010

I am working on a practice discharge summary report and the doctor dictates very plainly." Nitro-Dur Roman numeral II 10 mg q 24 hours.  I cannot locate information for the Roman numeral II doseage. Can anyone help me with this? ...

Nitro Thyroid?
Sep 06, 2010

The doctor is listing meds.  She does not say the woman has a history of thyroid problems.  She does have a history of angina, however.   She says the woman's medications include:  Nitro thyroid?  Is this a drug?  I can't find it anywhere.   Thanks in advance. ...

Nitro Expanded?
Mar 15, 2012

If a doc says "nitro" and the account wants expansion of slang, does nitro get expanded to nitroglycerin or might there be other expansions?  If there were other expansions and I wasn't sure then I would just leave it blank.  My drug book has other drugs beginning with nitro but not sure if "nitro" is slang specifically for nitroglycerin.  Thanks for any help. ...

Can't Verify Nitro Stick For Bleeding.
Feb 08, 2010

NM ...

Drug S/l Nitro Pure...can't Document?
Nov 01, 2010

:) ...

How Many Of You Spell Nitro As Nitroglycerin Or Nitroglycerine? Nm
May 09, 2012

xxx ...

Nitro Sublingual Tablets P.r.n. Chest Pain
Oct 17, 2009

Is nitro short for nitroglycerin or is there a drug called just Nitro?  I can't find this drug on drugs.com. ...