A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

nitro sublingual tablets p.r.n. chest pain - Kelley

Posted: Oct 17, 2009

Is nitro short for nitroglycerin or is there a drug called just Nitro?  I can't find this drug on drugs.com.

It is short for nitroglycerin. - akhan

[ In Reply To ..]
x

TY! - Kelley

[ In Reply To ..]
x

No prob! - akhan

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Allied mid-term? - Lex0307

[ In Reply To ..]
Would you happen to be taking you MT mid-term through Allied?

Similar Messages:

Pain Radiation In Chest Pain - Should Be Easy But I'm
Nov 08, 2010

I'm going completely blank on this one.  The patient entered the hospital for chest pain.  The doc states:  (blank sounds like gel, or jail)   He denies any current discomfort but states when it is present it is usually a mild to moderate degree of pressure about the chest.  He denies any radiation to the _____, arms, or back. ...

S/l Deoveno Chest Pain
Feb 05, 2010

There is some s/l deoveno chest pain, PND, or orthopnea. Any clue?  ...

Diagnosis: Chest Pain S/l NOF Or NOS
Mar 16, 2010

This is a young male patient who came to the ER with tachycardia and chest pain that eventually resolved and who was taking amphetamines (although he lied and said he wasn't and then wouldn't admit it).  So at the end, the doc says "Diagnosis: Chest pain s/l NOF or NOS." I don't know what this stands for. Any ideas? ...

Type Of Chest Pain
Jan 21, 2012

This patient has sinusitis as the main complaint.The patient is complaining of some ____ chest pain. Sounds like orthotic chest pain.Thanks for your help. ...

Anyone Ever Heard Of Stuttering Chest Pain?
May 22, 2010

I am typing a consult and the doctor says patient has stuttering chest pain.  Anyone ever heard of this? Thanks to everyone for help in advance. ...

Chest Pain--Cardiology Consultation
Nov 15, 2010

Cannot make sense of what dr is dictating here...gave a few of the sentences before and after so you can get the context from this consultation report.  Recurrent severe chest pain attributed to mitral valve prolapse increasing in frequency and intensity.  History of global poor left ventricular function.  Cannot rule out cardiomyopathy so I will be careful as regards negative.  No trophic agents such as Inderal.  Suggest that Inderal and Isordil be discontinued.&n ...

S/l Breathe Re-tis-ter And Chest Pain That Occurs Intermittently
Sep 29, 2011

An ESL dictator. This is the context: A chest x-ray spatially has shown evidence of interstitial edema. Patient complains of some (breathe re-tis-ter) and chest pain that occurs intermittently. ...

Review Of Systems Says Shortness Of Breath, "EOE", Claudication, Chest Pain
Jan 11, 2010

Review of systems:  Shortness of breath, "EOE", claudication, chest pain ...

Drug S/l Measurqusan Sublingual
Jun 30, 2011

This patient is having substernal chest pain radiating to the left shoulder.  She was given a medication that s/l Measurqusan sublingual...I can't find anything close.   ...

S/l Tuscan S Tablets For Constipation...
Jun 28, 2010

.. ...

Methotrexate S/l Seven 25 Mg Tablets Weekly
May 31, 2011

x ...

Nitro Drip
Jan 03, 2010

Should the expression "nitro drip" be used?  I have a note from quite awhile back saying that this should be changed to nitroglycerin infusion.  The doc is dictating nitro drip.  ...

Nitro-Dur Doseage Help
Mar 25, 2010

I am working on a practice discharge summary report and the doctor dictates very plainly." Nitro-Dur Roman numeral II 10 mg q 24 hours.  I cannot locate information for the Roman numeral II doseage. Can anyone help me with this? ...

Nitropaste - NTP - Nitro-Bid
May 20, 2010

The majority of providers dictate "nitropaste" applied to the chest.  Is this a generic name, and if so, for what? I have been told to transcribe it as "nitroglycerin paste." What is the correct form? ...

Nitro Thyroid?
Sep 06, 2010

The doctor is listing meds.  She does not say the woman has a history of thyroid problems.  She does have a history of angina, however.   She says the woman's medications include:  Nitro thyroid?  Is this a drug?  I can't find it anywhere.   Thanks in advance. ...

Nitro Expanded?
Mar 15, 2012

If a doc says "nitro" and the account wants expansion of slang, does nitro get expanded to nitroglycerin or might there be other expansions?  If there were other expansions and I wasn't sure then I would just leave it blank.  My drug book has other drugs beginning with nitro but not sure if "nitro" is slang specifically for nitroglycerin.  Thanks for any help. ...

Can't Verify Nitro Stick For Bleeding.
Feb 08, 2010

NM ...

Drug S/l Nitro Pure...can't Document?
Nov 01, 2010

:) ...

How Many Of You Spell Nitro As Nitroglycerin Or Nitroglycerine? Nm
May 09, 2012

xxx ...

S/l Thickwood Pain Or Sicoid Pain Sm
Jan 08, 2010

He is referring to premenstrual pain?? ...

Closterpedic Pain, Posteralpedic Pain?
Jun 05, 2011

Transcribing rheumatology - s/l closterpedic pain, posturopedic pain.  Any ideas?  Patient recently had shingles, if that helps. ...

Pt. Rates Pain 9/10 On The "Verbal Analog Pain Scale"??? I Can't Document This, Help:
Nov 18, 2014

nm ...

CT Chest
Mar 19, 2010

Technique:  Please note that this protocol is limited designed specifically for evaluation of the lung and s/l Turse disease???? ...

Really Just Need To Get This Off My Chest
Jul 07, 2012

Okay, I really have to ask this and get this out of my system.  As an MT, if you work as an IC, and you commit to be available during a rough time period, do you feel that it is okay not to show up when you are supposed to?  I find myself very aggravated this evening.  I am a QA for a company who has been beaten about on this board several times, but at the same time, if you take a job and commit to something, shouldn't you show up when you say you will?  Is it right for ...

Chest Tubes
Dec 10, 2009

The right thoracic cavity   ???  a separate chest tube.  (was made, sustained -- any ideas for wording that might work? ...

Viasendly On Chest X-ray?
Apr 08, 2010

I am so stuck. I have searched and searched, and I cannot find this word. This patient had blunt trauma to his chest. They did a portable chest x-ray and report "Cardiac silhouette appears quite normal. The _________ (s/l viasendly) does appear evident in the left anterior chest." ...

Chest Pains On My Day Off
Nov 08, 2010

Its my day off and all I do is think about what awful thing they will do to me next.  I literally have chest pain.  I am scared all the time.  I am scared when I am typing that I am making a mistake.  I am scared when I am not typing that I won't make enough money to support my family.  I am scared every time I spend a penny.  There is no rest for the weary. ...

Chest X-ray Showed
Mar 21, 2011

Chest x-ray showed cardiomegaly with s/l perihaligus" disease and possible pulmonary edema.... help, stuck... ...

Chest Tube Help
Jun 30, 2011

Five grams of sterile talc mixed with 150 cc of normal saline wsa instilled via the s/l lava of the chest tube.  This is an ESL doctor, any suggestions? ...

Nullcline Of Chest
Feb 11, 2013

Dermatology doc says "Pt has a pink papule along the (s/l) nullcline on his right lower chest." I found this word by googling nulkline, but don't know if it is used in anatomical id. ...