A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Well, so far he's dictated Past Medical History 3 times - Happy MT Robin

Posted: Nov 11, 2010

First time actually turned out to be social history, second time started out sort of sound like medical history which was basically noncontributory, but then turned into the review of systems, and now the third time may actually be the charm. 

Now I've just got a lot of heavy breathing while he figures out what's next.  Thank goodness my night is over in another hour or so.

I know what you mean. One of my docs used to - Backwards Typist

[ In Reply To ..]
dictate everything in perfect order but when he got to the Impression and Plan, he'd dictate the Allergies, ROS and PE all over again, sometimes twice. This was VR and he never failed to do this every time he dictated.

Similar Messages:

Past Medical History
Jun 26, 2010

Past medical history is given as below.  Not sure if the s/l goes where I put it or not since I don't know what he is talking about. Paraplegia secondary to spinal cord ischemia. status post stenting aortic aneurysm.  Iliac artery aneurysms bilaterally. Esophagitis. Umbilical hernia repair. transurethral resection of the prostate. Thoracic aortic stent s/l 6 of 18. Excisional debridement of sacral ulcer right hip ulceration. ...

H&P Past Medical History
Sep 16, 2013

The patient underwent left *av facial accretion*.  I don't have anything else to help figure it out and I can't verify it.   ...

Fall In Past Medical History
Apr 20, 2012

Hello!  Can "fall" be listed as an item in past medical history?  Like past medical history of fall?  Sounds wierd to me, but just wanted to check. ...

In A Past Medical History - S/l - Inacious
Sep 02, 2014

I have heard this before, but I'm drawing a total blank and every way I spell it I keep getting spanish words or names of Saints back (argh)! The full sentence reads: (the blank s/l inacious, ignatus, or something similar) No significant chest pain or troubles breathing during exercise. No specific history of arrhythmias in the past. Does not appear to be _____. No history of stroke, diabetes, coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure. Appreciate any help, Thanks, M ...

Under Past Medical History He Says What Sounds Lilke *pee Vera* And Depression?? Thanks. Nm
Dec 20, 2009

nm ...

Male Patient Under Past Medical History - S/l *polysectomy Nuvera*??? Thanks. Nm
Apr 04, 2010

nm ...

Under "Review Of Past Medical History" He Says "Doctor Diagnosed, Etc." Is This
Sep 12, 2010

Under "Review of Past Medical History" he says "Doctor diagnosed, etc." for several paragraphs. Is this a heading or does it need a colon after "diagnosed?" ...

Voice Recognition - Power Scribe Several Times In The Past 4 Years
Oct 18, 2010

Have tried Power Scribe several times in the past 4 years.  I am curious why and how anyone can stand not being able to use their foot pedal and keyboard in the normal way.  Case in point is if the dictation is not clear, you cannot back up a few words.  Instead, you have to go all the way to the beginning again.  Need some insight here.   ...

Past History: Medications:
Dec 08, 2009

Seizure "s/l seizure in section" X 1. ...

Past Psychiatric History
Aug 11, 2010

ED is dictated several times a few of the instances are: Hospitalizations: 1. ED age 13 St. Clair Hospital Monroe 2. 15 years old ED November of that year. 4. 1996 3-week hospitalization in Racine was transferred to Mendota Mental Health Institute on an ED where she remained between May and September of 1996.   What does ED stand for? ...

Past Surgical History S/l *terwigin* Removed From Left Eye?? Thanks. Nm
Jul 02, 2011

nm ...

In Past Surgical History, Dr. Says, "Lap Scope." Is It Okay That Way?? Thanks. Nm
Feb 12, 2015

nm ...

Dictator Says "obtain Records, Records, Records." Would You Type It 3 Times As Dictated?
Feb 18, 2010

Or would you simply type "obtain records..." ...

Help! This Is A Diagnostic Report And Does Not Include Past Medical Sm
Feb 28, 2015

history or any actual conditions.  Medication s/l Imodium lac D??? Possible that it is Imodium, s/l lac D (or maybe not Imodium at all and it is one word?) omeprozole is in list so he does have stomach issues.  I'm stumped.  Extremely fast dictator!!! ...

Medical History: Left S/l IB Trick Tomy
Nov 15, 2009

left s/l IB or IV trick tomy ...

Medical History Of Non-obstructive Coronary Artery disease
Mar 09, 2015

The patient has a past medical history of non-obstructive coronary artery disease in the setting of a nomal "Gatten score".  ...

In Medical History: S/l "tet" Tubes As A Child.
Apr 24, 2013

maybe pet tube? ...

Pt Has A History Of S/l Bowel-en-i-tis Bi-mo-sis. Pt Also Has A History Of Colon CA.
Jan 21, 2010

x   ...

Hyphens- 3-day-history Or 3 Day History?
Nov 01, 2010

3-day-history or 3 day history? ...

Dr. Dictates OB History And GYN History
Aug 20, 2011

Doctor dictates "OB history" and "GYN history" on a Discharge Summary, under Past Medical history. Should I spell out Obstetric and Gynecological is it okay to leave as dictated. I forgot. jn ...

Times
Feb 27, 2010

When they say 4-0 Nylon x 4 interrupted sutures, is it preferred to use "x" or "times"? ...

Does Anyone Know How Many Times You Are
May 12, 2010

allowed to use the F11 key?  Is it once a day or a certain percentage of your lines?  ...

2 By 4 Times 2.7 Times 3.3 Cm
Aug 07, 2012

Dictator says "There is a 2 by 4 times 2.7 times 3.3 cm solid mass..." What would be the correct way to transcribe this? 2 x 4 x 2.7 x 3.3 cm is incorrect. Thank you! ...

How Many Times
Dec 12, 2013

Do I have to change this????????????? ASR has 2 +distal pulses.  Should it be 2+ distal pulses?  You keep correcting and correcting and then it's back to the same errors. My Christmas wish---that the ASR gets BETTER.  Ha!  Never gonna happen.   ...

How Does The Dictated:
Apr 23, 2014

become "gorilla wrestling" by ASR?? Sick of wading through this slop. ...

And I Only Put The Clearly Dictated Ones On Here
Jun 22, 2015

ASR: She will remain on per Dageforde under the direction of She will remain on Pradaxa under the direction of ...

S/l Co Cup Used Several Times In Report PLEASE HELP
Jan 13, 2010

Dr. Dictates this about 8 times in the op report each time clear "co cup", ...

Woo! Good Times!
Jul 28, 2010

I just started a 22 minute consult from one of my ESL doctors and the next one in line is a 36 minute consult from a Chinese doctor.  He stutters and stops and starts and that 36 minutes will probably net me 100 lines or so.   Gotta love it! ...

Writing Times
May 08, 2012

Doctor dictated: Start time: 03/21/2012, 091446. What would be the correct way to write the time portion? ...

Anybody Know The Exact Times We Were Down
Jun 12, 2012

I didn't do a ticket, but I'm assuming we do get paid down time if it happened during our scheduled hours, as we have before.  ...