A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Normal heart exam. sm - anon

Posted: Jan 19, 2011

Doc wtih a heavy accent dictating:

Heart:  Regular in rhythm, normal S1 and S2, no gallop, no s/l "exosystolies". 

extrasystole - no1joe

[ In Reply To ..]
: )

Since doc has a heavy accent...sm - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
maybe atrial systoles ??

Thank you! That's it :) nm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I hope you went with extrasystoles... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Extrasystoles are noteworthy.

Atrial systole takes place at all times -- if the heart is beating.

Also, most likely it is regular rate and rhythm (not regular in rhythm).

I'm sure it was extrasystoles...sm - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
but since the the pronunciation was exOsystoles, I thought maybe the ESL doc was trying to say atrial but pronouncing it atriO. Atrial systole does take place at all times but I have heard docs refer to it as "absent" if they can't hear it or if you're an ESL doc, you may say "No" atrial systole. I have heard many strange things come from the mouths of ESLs as well as docs who speak English very well and are very articulate. But I am sure it was extrasystoles, just as you said. : )
extrasystoles - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I went with extrasystoles. I went back and listened and that was the word. Thank you both so much for your help!

Similar Messages:

On Heart Exam: Normal S1 "barron" S2.
Jun 16, 2010

:) ...

How Would I Write This: Heart Sounds Are Normal S1, S2 With A (2 To1 PVC Pattern) Noted On EKG?
Jan 29, 2010

Thanks Guys!!! ...

Heart Exam...
Nov 03, 2009

"Cardiovascular exam was tachycardiac. No s/l meals or an ST. No murmurs or gallops were appreciated." Any ideas? Thanks! ...

RMT Exam Normal Lab Values ?
Sep 05, 2011

I am preparing for the RMT exam. How much detail of the normal lab values do I need to know? Do I have to memorize all the normal values at the least? I find that impossible. Do I have to know what test will diagnose for which disease or particular study? For example, do I have to know that white blood cells are involved in the CBC test or that PSA stands for prostrate specific antigen and is a cancer marker? How much information about the drugs do I need to know?  What kind of lab valu ...

Occasional Extra Sicily On Heart Exam?
Nov 18, 2011

States heart sounds are regular.  There is an occasional extra _______.  Sounds like sicily?  Any suggestions?  Thanks! ...

Fundoscopic Exam Is Normal With S/l Crisp Vessels
Mar 12, 2010

Funduscopic exam is normal with s/l crisp vessels.   ...

Is This Right - Heart Revealed Normal "buccal" Activity
Oct 30, 2009

thanks much! ...

X-ray Shows Heart "AND LEEP STENT" To Be Normal?? More...r/o, Plz
Jun 04, 2011

"Chest x-ray is examined in anterior and lateral projections. Shows heart and LEEP STENT to be normal." Or "in the extent" to be normal. Or "hardened leep stent" to be normal.   These are all the different things I hear...not sure what she is saying!!! Help, plz. ...

Eye Exam Reactive To Light With S/l "knee Line" That Is Normal
Jul 15, 2010

Doctor is dictating pupils are equal and reactive to light with s/l "knee line" that is normal.  Any clues?  ...

Ortho: Child With Toe-walking. On Exam, S/l "bay Hans" Is Normal
Aug 06, 2014

TIA!  ...

Baseline Normal Or Near Normal Thyroid Function Studies
Mar 15, 2011

baseline normal or near normal thyroid function studies. Is "near normal" hyphenated, or no? Thank you. ...

Hemoglobin Normal With Normal S/l Cell In Dis Thees With An MCV Of 89.
May 26, 2010

s/l cell in dis thees with an MCV of 89.  ...

Laryngoscope Showed Normal Vocal Cords And Normal "tuberous Tugors".
Jul 15, 2012

? ...

Neck: Normal "tesseril" Motion And Normal "effort"?
Nov 30, 2012

PE on neurologist consult. Pt with spinal sarcoma.  Doc is a pretty clear dictator.  Not sure if "tesseril" is actually "tests for all" or what.  How about "effort".  Is this customary in a neuro consult?  Thanks for any suggestions.      ...

AIIMS Exam Or AMES Exam
Sep 15, 2011

Doing a report for a counseling and recovery center. Dr. says.... AIIMS exam showed mild involuntary movement of upper extremities and t____ assessment. Is it AIMS exam or Ames exam. I am also unsure of the blank, it sounds like it starts with the letter T. Thank you Thank you in advance! ...

Heart
May 30, 2010

Please help with following. It sounds like sections of the heart "kilae" is marked hypertrophy. Also, myocardial fibers show only a thin shell with a "Day O" vacuolated cytoplasm.   ...

Heart Examination
Mar 15, 2010

Heart exam, doctor dictates: "Heart: Regular rhythm without murmurs or gallops. 2 clicks heard at the apex"  I don't understand the connection between "2" and "clicks" or what punctuation to use?? I'm new to this so any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks!!   ...

Heart Clicks? Again...
Mar 16, 2010

Posted this yesterday, but wanted to see if anyone else might know... HEART: Regular rhythm without murmurs or gallops. 2 clicks heard at the apex. (or 2: Clicks heard at the apex?) He says "2" like number 2, as if he dictated number 1- which he obviously didn't. Is there such a thing as 2 clicks heard at the apex??       ...

Heart: AP S1, S2 Somewhat Irregular?
Jun 05, 2010

I think she is saying "Heart AP" but I can not figure out what is meant by AP? Any suggestions, I am at a loss. =( ...

Heart Rate - WOW
Jun 22, 2010

Here's a good one.  This doc says the nurses in the ER noticed that patient may have had a heart rate of "800."  Impossible.  I thought possibly he could be saying "a hundred", but I slowed down the dictation and 800 is what he is saying.  This is an ESL doc who talks very fast.  This is not the first time he has said something incorrect.  ...

Warms My Heart
Jul 27, 2010

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE ONES THAT WRITE ON MT STARS SAYING AND COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU HATE TRANSCRIPTION THEN PLEASE DON’T APPLIY BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT BE A GOOD FIT FOR US!          Someone has already critiqued the ad post, but I have to offer up kudos for the comment above.  WHINERS NEED NOT APPLY should become part of ALL help-wanted ads! ...

Heart Problems
Aug 31, 2010

"She had some abnormal rhythms with SVT and s/l "barrency" intermittently.  This self resolved." This doc is heavy ESL (but with a deliightful Spanish lilt to her voice) so I'm not sure what "barrency" might be. Variancy? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.   ...

Heart Catheterization
Sep 30, 2010

Right heart catheterization right atrial pressure of 34.  s/l R pressure was 90/36 mmHg. ...

Heart Rate
Jan 20, 2011

Has anyone heard of "irregular regular irregular" heart rate?  I thought it was "regular irregular".    ...

Heart Cath
Jan 20, 2011

Sounds like "RBU 4 to 6-French guide catheter" or maybe "RBU4 6-French guide catheter" Dictates it so fast I can't tell what is going on here.  TIA!!! ...

HAART Not Heart
Sep 29, 2012

I was searching reports to look up how a doctor dictates and came across..patient has HIV and is on heart medications.  Come on, people, ALL transcriptionists should know HIV patients get HAART treatment.  Unbelieveable.  I would not be surprised if we lose this contrast due to stupid mistakes like that. ...

Heart Word
Nov 05, 2012

There is a s/l KEY-ard network noted in the right atrium ...

2nd Or Second Heart Sound
Mar 07, 2013

I should know this, but when typing out a physical exam, is it 2nd heart sound or second heart sound, or 1st heart sound or first heart sound, etc.  Thanks for the help. ...

With Heavy Heart
May 24, 2013

It is with heavy heart that I am giving up my career as a transcriptionist. After 19 years of transcription, with all the changes to the industry, I can no longer make the kind of money I used to make without working multiple jobs and endless hours just to get a decent line count. I have taken a wonderful position in another industry and I am looking forward to my new adventure. First time in many years (longer than I can remember), I will be working Monday through Friday with all the hol ...

What Should Be Normal Lph For A New MT?
Apr 09, 2010

I am a fairly new MT at MQ.  With all the checking ADT and getting different facilities/doctors I am very slow.  What should my speed be at as a new MT??? ...