A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

business activity code for taxes? - MT

Posted: Feb 07, 2012

Help please.

What business activity

*type

*code

do you use if you are an IC?

I think there's a miscellaneous option - Happy MT Robin

[ In Reply To ..]
It's 999 or 9999...something like that. It's been a while since I've filed IC taxes, but I know there's a miscellaneous option.

Similar Messages:

Starting A Business, Info On Filing Taxes, FICA, Etc.
Jan 04, 2011

In starting your own transcription business, without using an accountant, how do I find out what I need to do in order to file taxes, FICA, etc.?  Is there one website that would give me the best information? Can't afford an accountant for now. Thanks so much! ...

MT Subcontractor - Have To Pay Self-employment Taxes In Addition To Federal Income Taxes?
Jun 18, 2011

As a subcontractor performing medical transcription, do I have to pay self-employment taxes in addition to Federal Income Taxes? ...

Anyone Ever Pay Monthly Taxes For Taxes Owed
May 12, 2014

I owed a bit of money for last years taxes, which I do not have so am making monthly payments.  I sent in the form to request to pay monthly, but have not heard anything back.  Has anyone done this and is this unusual (that I have not heard back anything)?  I was reading all these websites and they were saying just keep mailing in what you can each month until it's paid off and then you might owe penalties, which I understand.  It stinks, but right now I have more bills ...

Is The Phrase "code Blue" Generally Capitalized As Code Blue Or Not?nm
Dec 17, 2010

nm ...

S/l Hexocividity Activity
Mar 01, 2011

baby being seen in genetics for s/l abnormal hexocividity activity.   TIA ...

Anyone Getting Activity Reports? Sm
Apr 28, 2015

If not, they are reports that show your active time in Fluency vs. your Teamwork time.  Just curious if all the pods were doing them now or just some pods. ...

No MQ Central Activity For Days
Nov 29, 2010

Okay, it has been days since I have received anything from CCM or Quality Coach.  Not even a "have a Happy Thanksgiving, blah, blah, blah".  Anyone else wondering the same thing or is it just in my service area (West)? ...

Anyone Else Get A Revised Activity Report?
May 10, 2012

Splenic Activity On A Cardiolite Test?
Oct 14, 2009

have an ESL, and im not sure if saying 'splenic' activity or maybe 'planic' activity?  never heard of splenic before in a cardiac study but just not sure.  tks for the help! Only resting scan was done; the patient refused to have stress images done. The resting scan shows an inferoapical defect on vertical and long axis view. There is some increased ________________ activity. Part of this could be contributory from that, however, since there are no stress im ...

EEG Report S/l CD Opens With Background Activity
Nov 16, 2009

The s/l CD opens with background activity in the range about five cycles per second. ...

Code Blue Or Code Blue For Beg Of Sentence?
Dec 29, 2014

xx ...

I Guess All The Activity & Arguing Was From The MM Coders Because It's Dead Around
Apr 09, 2014

x ...

What Is This Code?
Nov 24, 2010

Does anyone know what this code is?  It keeps popping up on my blank document prior to CTRL-S to bring in a standard.   <non-s> and another one with the letters "red-s".   I can't type it in here, because when I do, it leaves a blank instead of those letters in brackets "red-s" Thanks! ...

Now There's A Whole New Pay Code
Mar 14, 2013

we now have the option of "Excused Absence - No Work".  ...

To Code Or Not
Mar 15, 2014

The truth is that transcription has changed and it will never go back to the good old days.  Mmodal sees this too.  They are shifting as is the norm these days.  Nothing is static.  They are transitioning and they are inviting you to go with them.  I am glad to see a training program for coders.  There are not enough coders out here.  Please be prepared to work your butt off.  Take it, work it, and learn it.  Coding is a unique, important, challenging ...

Is This Right - Heart Revealed Normal "buccal" Activity
Oct 30, 2009

thanks much! ...

Increased S/l "fresic" Activity During The REM Period
Oct 22, 2010

Doc has Indian accent, dictating PSG report:  There was increased s/l "fresic" activity during the REM period that may suggest an added REM behavioral disorder.  Any help is appreciated! ...

Activity Is So Slow On The "Word Help" Board -
Nov 19, 2011

Code Blue
Oct 15, 2009

It is transcribed Code Blue or code blue?  Thanks in advance for your help! ...

Code Blue, CODE BLUE, Or Code Blue?
Mar 16, 2010

Thanks for help.  Brain doesn't seem to be working this morning ...

3-2-1 Code It ! 2nd Edition
Jan 07, 2011

Has anyone ever used this textbook and accompanying workbook? I was wondering if the answers were provided for the workbook before ordering it. Thanks ...

My Road To Code...
Feb 25, 2011

Hi coders,  I'm an MT with many years of experience and am trying to break into coding and billing.  I am starting with an on line course to get the basics and overview of the process. When I am done with that I will take a class at my community college to refresh and hopefully network.  Does this sound like a good plan to anyone?  Anything to recommend to be supplementing so I will do well on whatever certification tests are necessary when the time comes?  Thanks! ...

WRKA Code/help
Dec 28, 2011

Can anyone tell me when we receive NJA do we sign out immediately and then sign back in with the WRKA procedure highlighted in teamwork and without closing out docqscribe and waiting for the 15 minutes and say we do get work within 15 minute period do we just continue to be signed in until we are ready to sign off? I'm confused with this.  I know they want us to do the coding now in the teamwork for this 15 minute pay. TIA ...

Anyone Else Code In Their Sleep?
Jan 20, 2012

I know I'm finally learning something when I start doing it in my sleep. ...

A Code GI Bleeding?
Jan 30, 2012

Am I hearing this right? History of iron-deficiency anemia due to a (s/l code) GI bleeding. ...

BRCA Code
Apr 13, 2012

Doc dictates "BRCA thirty-two ninety-seven deletion six"   what is the proper way to type that value.  I've tried googling it and can't come up w/ anything I'm comfortable with. ...

Does Anyone Code For MModal?
Oct 17, 2012

thanks in advance ...

Need Help With A Code For Rehab
Oct 19, 2012

What is the code number for this statement: "Ultrasound with dexamethasone to Achilles tendon" Is it the iontophoresis code of 97033? Thanks for any help! ...

How Do You Code Your Timecard When You Are OOW?
Sep 14, 2014

I am asking because I've heard conflicting info.  I do, though, read the Employee Manual, but it appears as with everything Nuance, the Employee Manual can just be disregarded at will if it suits an agenda.  ...

Code Status Is S/l Full Let And DNR
Oct 16, 2009

code status is s/l full let and DNR ...