A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

On exam, there is 2+ s/l "Barnigs" extremity edema bilaterally. - traci

Posted: May 27, 2010

a

brawny? brownish? nm - Txczech

[ In Reply To ..]
Might be one of those.

Well I'll be....It is Brawny! Thanks! :) - traci

[ In Reply To ..]
d

Glad we got it!! sm - Txczech

[ In Reply To ..]
Typed cardio for years off and on. Often heard that.

Similar Messages:

On Funduscopic Exam, S/l Dno Shot Bilaterally. Nm
Sep 20, 2010

. ...

Pediatric Extremity Exam
Aug 10, 2013

Lower extremity exam of 4-year-old with cerebral palsy.  "Negative Thomas. Negative s/l collie-azi". Thanks for any help ...

HEENT Exam: S/L No Peri?? Edema
Feb 19, 2010

doc states...HEENT is unremarkable. No proptosis. No S/l peri?? edema. I definetly hear the peri...just not sure what is next.   ...

Ortho Physical Question On Extremity Exam
Aug 18, 2010

Apprehension on patellar tracking with increased Q-angle, positive ____ and crepitus and positive grind test.    s/l chase sign or just chase    Thank you for any help. ...

Lower Extremity Exam- Digital Hair?
Feb 25, 2011

Is there a type of lower extremity exam that would be done called digital hair?  It s/l hair! DP and PT pulses are palpable bilateral.  Positive digital (hair) bilateral.  There are no lesions or lacerations noted bilateral.  Normal skin color, texture, and turgor bilateral.  It's an exam for a bunion deformity. Thanks. ...

Exam Of The Lower Extremity Reveals S/l Fry-berg Deformity
Oct 10, 2010

x ...

On Bilateral Lower Extremity Exam, She Has 5/5 Gross Motor Strength For Hip Flexors, Abductors, Exte
Sep 05, 2013

I know "tiban" isn't correct.  What is it?  Thanks. ...

Funduscopy Exam "cupto" Sensation Is 0.3 Bilaterally?
Jun 28, 2013

Does anyone know what this sounds like? ...

Upper And Lower Extremity Exam-sounds Like "crunch" Test?
Dec 12, 2009

upper and lower extremity exam-sounds like "crunch" test? ...

Eye Exam Question S/l "5 To 4 Bilaterally"
Nov 10, 2012

In doing an eye exam, doc says "Pupils are equal and reactive to light.  There is no pallor or icterus s/l "5 to 4" bilaterally.  EOMI with no nystagmus." It sounds like "5 to 4" or "5:4" if it's a ratio, and I don't know that it is. I've typed for this guy for about 3 years and he has just started saying it. Any ideas what or why he is saying it? Thanks in advance. ...

Cerumen Impaction Bilaterally Vs Cerumen Impactions Bilaterally
Jun 07, 2011

The doctor dictates cerumen impactions bilaterally.  Is it correct to type cerumen impaction, bilaterally? Thanks ...

Has Candles Bilaterally?
Mar 04, 2011

In the physical exam section, the doctor is dictating on the extremities.  He says what sounds like "Extremities have candles bilaterally, but no pretibial edema." ...

Myotome Bilaterally
May 17, 2011

Good morning everybody.  This is a new one for me (both doctor and word!).  PT had L4-5 microdiscectomy,.  In the objective doc says:  She does have 4/5 strength of the right anterior tibialis and right extensor hallucis longus.  This was present preoperatively as well, and she has 5/5 strength the  __ and monotones bilaterally.   The blank s/l "eld" so i think he is cutting off part of this word and I don't have a clue.  Anyone have a suggestion ...

Bilaterally Central Headache?
Aug 23, 2012

Is there such a thing as a bilaterally central headache?  I'm having a lot of trouble understanding this ESL doctor, but I can't figure out what else she might be saying that sounds like this. Thanks so much for your help! ...

Patient Has Some S/l Vomis Behind The Ears Bilaterally
Dec 23, 2009

This sounds like vomis/vaumis/volmis/volmus OR it could be a phomis sound.  Or maybe it begins with an "F." God only knows.  This is for an infant with a lot of dry skin during the physical exam.  What does this poor child have?? ...

Superfical "pericalcies' Bilaterally
Mar 25, 2011

Superfical s/l "pericalcies' bilaterally in lower extremeties. Thank you for your help. ...

Chest Is Clear Bilaterally.... ??? Deformity
Aug 22, 2012

Help!  It sounds like chest is clear bilaterally......??? deformity.  Heart: Regular rate and rhythm, etc.   Any input with a standard phrase for an emergency department consultation that says the above?   Thanks so much for any help. ...

Pedal Edema?
May 14, 2010

In this physical examination, it sounds like it is being dictated, "Both upper and lower extremities with (s/l pedal) edema."  That doesn't seem to make sense, but perhaps I'm wrong...what other word could he be saying instead of pedal?  He pretty much mumbles his way right passed it. ...

Edema S/L RH HER LIT THUM
Jan 29, 2012

I can't understand my dr. for the life of me.  I don't know if he's trying to say a medical term or if he's just talking.  In the HPI he says "No increased swelling, but she has horbbile edema S/L RH HER LIT THUM."  I could use any help y'all could give.  Thanks so much in advance. ...

Edema Classifications
Dec 23, 2014

Hi there! I have always been taught that for edema classifications to use, for example, 2++, as opposed to just 2+.  Clarification please and thank you! ...

Extremity Or Extremities
Apr 18, 2012

Which is correct?   Has bilateral lower extremity edema. Has bilateral lower extremities edema.   Thanks! ...

Patient Had A Percutaneous S/l Tympanotomy Of The Adductors Bilaterally - ??
Jan 04, 2010

x ...

Dramatic S/l Hallacis Of The Upper Lids Bilaterally Nm
Mar 02, 2010

On slit-lamp examination of the lids and lashes, there is prominent dramatic hallacis of the upper lids bilaterally. ...

'protracted' Bilateral Leg Edema
Feb 14, 2011

'protracted' bilateral leg edema Does this sound correct? I can clearly hear that in the dictation to me but my tired ears and eyes do not think it is right. Thanks!   ...

Free Tibial Edema?
Jun 30, 2011

sentence s/l:  Trace pretibial and free tibial edema. Does this sound correct? I have not been able to find any definition of "free tibial." ...

Sounds Like Corporal Edema
Aug 22, 2014

This is referring to the lower extremites in a patient with urosepsis ...

Lower Extremity Examination
Jan 08, 2010

The lower extremities show marked peripheral varicosities.  There are also some excoriated lesions of the lower extremities with some mild scarring secondary to __s/l "thorabnitis". Any ideas?  This M.D. has a tendency to make up words, so he could be saying something totally different than how it sounds. Thanks  ...

There Was No Optic Disc Edema Or *ellodation*?? Thanks. Nm
Jan 31, 2010

nm ...

Extremities: No Rubs, Cords, Or Edema
Nov 20, 2011

Does this look right? Extremities: No rubs, cords, or edema.What are rubs and cords in the extremities?Thanks ...

Venous Stasis Edema..please See Message
Jan 10, 2012

The doc consistently says venous stasis edema.  However, when I look it up, I find that they are two different things, i.e. venous stasis AND edema.  Which is correct?  TIA ...