A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

elbow fracture - doc says (s/l CNM) is normal. What is CNM? - shortcake

Posted: Feb 11, 2011

Nothing comes up in Stedmans - no1joe

[ In Reply To ..]
Ortho or Abbreviations for CNM that would fit. Make sure you're not hearing "CSM" (circulation, sensation, mobility). If not, then try posting the surrounding information including which part of the exam it's from, and maybe someone will be able to get it.

BTW... - no1joe

[ In Reply To ..]
I also looked up "C&M" and came up with nothin'. I tried : )

If doc is slurring.... - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
could just be saying ROM (range of motion)is normal.

You guys are great! Thanks for your help but he spoke quite clear and s/l CNM. Thanks anyway nm - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Baseline Normal Or Near Normal Thyroid Function Studies
Mar 15, 2011

baseline normal or near normal thyroid function studies. Is "near normal" hyphenated, or no? Thank you. ...

Hemoglobin Normal With Normal S/l Cell In Dis Thees With An MCV Of 89.
May 26, 2010

s/l cell in dis thees with an MCV of 89.  ...

Type Of Hip Fracture That S/L Crural Neck Fracture
Dec 31, 2011

Doctor is dictating for a 90-year-old who sustained a hip fracture in a fall. Then, under assessment, it sounds like he says "Left crural neck fracture." I could assume he means femoral neck, as I never heard of crural neck. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance. ...

Laryngoscope Showed Normal Vocal Cords And Normal "tuberous Tugors".
Jul 15, 2012

? ...

Fibula Fracture Or Fibular Fracture
Jun 24, 2010

which is corect, per AAMT BOS? ...

Ortho/ Elbow
Mar 30, 2010

the doctor dictates     Radiographs demonstrate evidence of a s/l Sales sign ...

Elbow Testing
Mar 15, 2011

Looking for the word "Jobiare" for elbow testing score in brachial plexus palsy.. new to this board.. not sure how it all works.  Thanks anyone! ...

X-rays Of Elbow
Mar 13, 2014

Patient had elbow arthroplasty.   X-rays reviewed that show well positioned total elbow arthroplasty with s/l  **cement _________________** ossification of soft tissues"   Thanks for any help  ...

Patient With Elbow Pain
Sep 21, 2011

Patient had ultrasound, s/l TFM, iontophoresis, exercises for range of motion, strength of the left shoulder, elbow and gripping as well as a trial of H-wave stimulation. ...

Consistent With Oscals? Involving The Elbow?
Nov 12, 2009

He has seen physicians where x-rays were obtained. The radiographic images were consistent with oscals involving the anterior and posterior aspects of the elbow. ...

Is There A Footplate Region In The Elbow Area
Dec 31, 2009

The word sounds like footplate, but I cannot find anything to verify this.  Does this sentance make sense?   There is vague increased signal intensity within the footplate region and distal end of the triceps tendon consistent with tendinosis.   Thanks, jackie ...

Prep Material For An Elbow Injection
Apr 12, 2012

After appropriate preoperative evaluation including informed consent, the patient's right elbow medial side was prepped with (    ).  Using a sterile technique, the solution of lidocaine, Sensorcaine, and dexamethasone was injected in and around his medial epicondyle as well as the flexor pronator muscle, flexor pronator muscle mass, and the brachialis tendon. The quality of my voice note is very bad and so I'll give you some sounds like options. Cordrop Clo ...

Elbow Score For Brachial Plexus Palsy
Mar 15, 2011

Looking for the scoring classification for "Jobaire" elbow scoring for brachial plexus palsy..   Thanks ...

Elbow Was Injected Using The S/l Mulder Healing Technque.
Sep 16, 2014

Patient has tennis elbow and the ortho doc is injecting his elbow. Thanks! ...

Neck: Normal "tesseril" Motion And Normal "effort"?
Nov 30, 2012

PE on neurologist consult. Pt with spinal sarcoma.  Doc is a pretty clear dictator.  Not sure if "tesseril" is actually "tests for all" or what.  How about "effort".  Is this customary in a neuro consult?  Thanks for any suggestions.      ...

Tibia/fibular Shaft Fracture Or Tibial And Fibular Shaft Fracture
Jun 10, 2011

paranoid about nitpicking my work... I find it both ways when I search   ...

Test S/l Mal-blees Test - Left Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis
Jan 18, 2012

x ...

Sounds Like "elbow Fledge"
Jan 10, 2012

ESL doctor dictating regarding patient having glass in elbow, located over the posterior apsect of the the elbow s/l "fledge." I cannot document this.  Can anyone help, please?? Thank you!  ...

"Flucteroke" Area Of The Elbow-??
Nov 29, 2013

This is a new one to me: Sounds like "Flucteroke" area of the elbow. The context is "Exam of the skin on her forearms reveals some hyperpigmentation and slight thickening of the skin in the _______ areas of the elbows." I know the entire sentence is correct, except that one word which I spelled out phonically above. :/ ...

What Should Be Normal Lph For A New MT?
Apr 09, 2010

I am a fairly new MT at MQ.  With all the checking ADT and getting different facilities/doctors I am very slow.  What should my speed be at as a new MT??? ...

QA Pay At 4 Cpl?? Is That Normal?
Dec 16, 2010

TIA ...

ECG Normal By (s/l V4)
Jan 17, 2013

I know V4 is an ECG lead, but I have never heard it stated like this. Please advise! ...

Normal ROS & PEs
Jan 26, 2013

When a dictator asked that you insert a normal ROS or PE, then dictates "for the respiratory put ..." I often get dictation that contradicts what remains in the normal template but the dictators do not instruct to delete the rest of that heading. Sometimes this is an easy fix, for example if you know they complain of SOB, then you delete that portion. Other times we can't possibly know how the "normal" differs for this particular patient. It's time consuming to keep flagging these for ...

Anemia With Normal S/l S Pep?
Oct 17, 2009

what would S pep be referring to?  ...

Is It Normal To Be Scared?
Sep 14, 2012

Does anyone else get scared when they start? I'm shaking inside. Is it just me or is it normal? ...

SLR II Fracture?
Jun 26, 2012

Has anyone heard of s/l SLR 2/II type fracture of the ankle? I cannot research this anywhere. Is this an abbreviation for Salter-Harris perhaps? ...

Fracture Help
Feb 26, 2013

Surgery on a humerus fracture. We then placed a distal screw in compression mode realigning the fracture and abutting the s/l CORD-A-SEAS of the fracture laterally. ...

Mycamine 100 Mg In 100 Normal Saline....
Nov 17, 2009

Mycamine 100 mg in 100 normal saline infused over 60 minutes daily.  My question is about the 100 normal saline.  I searched for this in quotes, and did not come up with anything.  Is 100 a percent?  Or do I just type it as I did above? ...

5 Hospitals No Work...Is This Normal?
Jan 05, 2010

I'n new to working from home, only 3 months now, but have been a transcriptionist for 6 years.  The company I work for has me on 5 different hospital accounts.  They are all rehabilitation hospitals (acute) and do H&P, discharge summaries, daily notes, consultations, etc and I am constantly out of work.   Some days I have no work at all.  Pay is 0.0775 line except headers/footers.  Is this normal?  Each hospital is at least a 50 bed hospital.  I f ...

Tone Is Normal. No (cogwheeling)
Jan 16, 2010

From a neurology dictation. Thanks. ...