A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I need a moment to vent... - kcmt

Posted: Jan 21, 2015

I usually cannot complain too much about the ASR on my accounts.  I am one of the very few lucky ones....I know.  However, this is certainly not the case today!  OMG...I think I'm going to have a coronary.  The ASR is making up stuff kind of like autocorrect on your smartphone.  We are not allowed to guess on painfully obvious things...why in the *&%^%% does this ASR think it should fill in gaps.  Yes, some physician somewhere might have completed the sentence that way, but this particular one did not!  UGH!  Just had a report where they physician CLEARLY stated 1.5 cm and the stupid ASR put 0.5 cm. 

Add to this frustration that today, most of my speakers seem to be dictating under water and speed talking before they run out of air.  Not sure what the problem is today, but I have had enough!

Thanks for letting me vent.  Only a few hours before it's time for me to be done for the day and I can have "mommy's special orange juice."

Welcome to my every day world - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Seems ASR has run more amok than usual..Lab values that could be a time, ex 134 is printing out 1:34 a.m. Leaving out a lot of clearly dictated information and adding information that was never even said. Not to mention the usual gibberish that gets printed out from the planet Romulon or something..So over this, I need to start job hunting.

ASR - kcmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I was just coming here to add that they phone numbers, etc. were coming up as times (1:23 instead of 123). The conspiracy theorist in me tells me that someone, somewhere is getting a big kick out of messing with the ASR to keep us all from doing well and being productive. I hope that's not true. That would be truly diabolical.

ASR nonsense - Lots more lately

[ In Reply To ..]
including this from today:

Dr: Take dietary supplements like Jevity or Ensure.

ASR: Take dietary supplements like Dr. Pepper or urine.

I wouldn't put it past them - Spock

[ In Reply To ..]
Those Romulans can be pretty diabolical. :)

Similar Messages:

AHA Moment
Apr 19, 2010

Well it's amazing when you have an AHA moment, but this one not so much.  I have hated this job for many, many months now and continue to dred working every day which hey is 6 out of 7 days a week...woohoo!!! I have just recently started seeing a therapist for issues with myself, mostly I think low self esteem that I thought was dating way way back in the day and I wanted to get better so my kids wouldn't learn certain behaviors from me.  All of a sudden this morning, I am cr ...

Having A DUH Moment, Please Help, Please (sm)
Jan 13, 2011

Physician dictates ... "Well-nourished, well-developed, S/L afferable male." I KNOW this word but my mind has gone blank. Thank you in advance!!! ...

Another What Would You Do Moment
Dec 18, 2013

Have a doctor that doesn't like to dictate the . (point) in his cardiac sizes like 2.5 stent, he dictates 25. All his measurements are like that, I am a fan of you get what you give any thoughts? ...

Blank Moment
Oct 19, 2009

in this sentence is english capitalized? I am totally blank at the moment.   The patient is an 81-year-old white female who does not speak english. tia. ...

I'm Having A Senior Moment.
Mar 10, 2010

How do I get rid of the demographics at the top of my screen in DQS?  I know there is a way you can make that whole area disappear so you can see more of your typing screen....I just can't remember how!   Thanks! ...

Am I Just Having A DUH Moment? S/l Mackle
Jan 12, 2012

I can't imagine that after 10 years of transcription I haven't heard whatever this is when he says it so nonchalantly as if I should know it, but I have no idea what he's talking about and so am wondering if this is something simple and I'm just sitting here like DUUUUUH... for no reason. This is on a patient who is being discharged after back surgery, laminectomy, diskectomy, decompression, arthrodesis, etc., and doc says: "...was transferred to the Neuro Critical Care Uni ...

Doctor Having Duh Moment
Jan 14, 2015

Dictated "the patient is 3  years old and is an identical twin; her twin  is 3 years old."  Duh, you think?  You can't make up this stuff.  All that medical schooling sure helped. ...

An Awww Moment
Feb 11, 2015

I was feeling really crappy about a report that took me forever to get through because the dictator was so terrible, not to mention I was already feeling down because I am already on 100% QA for failing a recent audit, so I knew they were really gonna tear me apart.  I was almost too afraid to look at it after QA, but it turned out not to be so bad, and they even commented on how bad it was and that I did a good job with what I had to work with.  It's the little victories nowadays ...

Join Me For A Moment Of Happiness
Mar 05, 2013

Close your eyes and imagine what would happen if all American MTs went on strike and refused to do VR anymore, and the hospitals got the reports in their unedited glory. I'd say there'd be a panic in the hospital like this country hasn't seen since the stock market crashed in 1929.  ...

A Smiley Face Moment
Nov 20, 2014

Typed a friendly, clear, efficient doctor on an account I have never heard of before and will probably never have again, but he was dictating on a "pleasantly demented woman" and exam was "a little difficult" due to the fact that she "sang throughout the entire exam." It just made me smile to think of the elderly lady sitting there singing while he was trying to listen to her heart and lungs. I'll take whatever smiles I can get these days...   ...

A Light Moment...I Was Called To Work OT..
Jul 14, 2013

today.  She left a phone number with me to contact PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, if you can work.  They are in a bind.  Well now, I said I could work a little while but I haven't been an employee for quite a while.   YEAH, They still prove how organization should work, yeah?!!!!!!!!!!!!lololololol ...

A Toast: Let Us Have A Moment Of Peace And Tranquility
Mar 13, 2014

on this board.   I am buying the first round. ...

Remedy Login - Help For A Senior Moment
Aug 04, 2014

Can someone please help me remember how to get into Remedy?  I have a severe case of the Monday mornings right now, and I have misplaced my cheat sheet with my 1000 ways to get into my work computer.   Thanks in advance!   ...

I Have An Ah-ha Moment. All Night Shift Workers Should Send An
Dec 23, 2010

x ...

For A Lighter Moment, Everyone Hum "Cant Take My Eyes Off Of You"
Sep 28, 2010

nm ...

Major DUH Moment! "Proceed"?
Jan 11, 2012

Ok, it seems that this word has NEVER come up for me in the past.  I have a new MD that states "we proceeded with the injection" in almost all his notes, and yet my spellcheck doesn't recognize "proceeded" or "proceed", "procede" or any form of that word. It keeps wanting to change it to "precede" or "preceded." What's even wierder is that I can't seem to find "proceeded" in ANY dictionary! Webster's has "proceed" but doesn't list a past tense for this word like it ...

Have To Vent About A PA
Oct 19, 2009

I have an ARNP doing a radiation follow up.  She dictates "33 fractions of 5040 GRAY" and then goes on to say "that's small c, capital G, small y."  She has done this a number of times over a number of reports.  I'm just shaking my head.   ...

VR Vent!!
Oct 20, 2009

I just spent the last few hours pretty much completely re-typing garbage VR!  I am so sick of this!  Especially after we just got our rate cut significantly.  Why can't they provide a good VR platform??!! I just worked my butt off for nothing! ...

Just A Vent....
Dec 07, 2009

Someone ought to take these ESL doctors and torture them like they torture us with their unbelievably horrible English speaking skills! We should not be told we're jeopardizing patient care - it's the ESL doctors.  I've never had an ESL doctor and I'd refuse to be treated by one who can't speak clearly or speak a complete sentence. Jerks! ...

I Have To Vent (even Though There's Nothing To Be Done) Sm
Jan 07, 2010

I've been doing this a long time, and I know how oblivious doctors are to anything approaching being polite when they dictate.  I've heard them in the bathroom, I've heard them yelling at their kids, talking on the phone, listening to football games on TV while dictating, etc.  We all have.  But there's this one foreign female doctor on the account I regularly transcribe who drives me UP the wall.  She apparently thinks dictation time is time to eat.  ...

Just Want To Vent
Mar 07, 2010

I hate being on QA hold.  I just started a new job and no matter where I've worked through the years, QA always seem to be the same!  It's never consistent.  I'm marked off for one thing by one QA and then not for the same thing by another!  Am I supposed to do that or not? I'm trying to learn this account and being 2 different things on one subject is confusing to say the least! ...

Just A Vent For ASR
Jul 17, 2010

Wow, if E-scription is such a wonderful ASR platform, I feel sorry for us all becuase I have had to change at least 1-2 words per line on E-scription today, WHENEVER I actually had work, that is.  This whole thing is getting worse and worse all the time, and for such horrible cpl rates that I can't even stand this after 36 years.  If the doctors and all the big muckity mucks had even the SLIGHTEST clue.  Gladly change places for one report with them.  Thanks I needed t ...

ESL Vent
Nov 01, 2010

Ugh, I am getting so frustrated with this ESL doc.  He says these doctors' names and I cannot understand him and I don't even know if he's pronouncing them correctly.  I search through all the doctors' names that start with the letter that it sounds like he saying to try to find one that might match how he is pronouncing it.  It's taking so much time.  If I find a name that comes close enough to what he is saying, I will use that.  Other times I ...

Just An ESL Vent
Nov 06, 2010

Just need to vent and complain a little about the annoying way this ESL dictates...it's really getting on my nerves.   He constantly says things like: Heart sounds "is" regular.  Medications "is" reviewed.  Lungs "is" clear.  Always combining plurals with singulars.  Then there's the: There is "a" pitting edema...  And no, he's not saying "ah", it is clearly an "a."  There is "a" mitral regurgitation...  Finally, I can tell he's re ...

Can I Please Vent About This
Apr 18, 2011

We have a supervisor.. just one.  She can also type at home if she chooses to once she gets home from the office.  Of course she does because she makes a lot more money.  I probably would too.  But, here's my peeve..... We can't cherry pick.. of course not. No sending jobs back that are from some of the worst dictators in the world. We just trod through and type and get those horrible lines per hour on those horrible docs . But she assigns all the best dictator ...

Need To Vent.
Aug 18, 2011

I am trying so hard at this new job.  I've been there a month, and I've never seen such complicated visit choices, etc.  It's just very difficult for me for some reason.  I have pages and pages of good notes, but I'm always missing something.  So far, no one has been ugly with me, but I'm feeling it's only a matter of time.  I'm an experienced MT of over 12 years and am very good, but I'm just about to cry because of these header p ...

CAN I VENT HERE???
Sep 08, 2011

I've switched jobs about 4 times this year, searching for the "perfect fit" - even went down to 7 cpl as an IC which everyone on these boards has said NEVER to do, just so I could have no weekends and flexibility during the day.  Just when I thought I found a great company, they changed their platform to Emdat/Inscribe.  Oh, ah, so much fun - NOT!!!  And so much for that 7 cpl.  We'll be getting 2 cpl on the QT lines  :(  I am soooo unhappy.  To make ...

Have To Vent.
Oct 15, 2011

This dictator is driving me nuts!!! Even the sound of every deep, gravelly, congested-sounding breath the man takes makes my head and ears hurt.  Sounds like he's dictating with his mouth full of spit or some kind of gunk. Ewwwww gross!  Plus he's ESL.  Plus it's an account I've never done before.  Plus it's sounds like he's dictating under water, and he keeps repeating what seems like every other phrase.  I'm already irritable, grouchy ...

Vent To The M.D.'s
Oct 31, 2011

Dear Doctor: Just to let you in on a little secret, I do not get paid to listen to you to sit and read through your chart, eat, or take phone calls.  I'm a real person listening to you, so either dictate or hang up.  Thanks so much. ...

Need To Vent!
Feb 10, 2012

I absolutely hate the account I type for....hate it.  Is it really THAT difficult to want most of the physicians dictate correctly?  I said 'most' too because I do know that to expect all of them to dictate correctly is ridiculous.  I can't even average 10 reports an hour on this account because of the errors.  They mumble, slur their words, clip their words, rustle every paper around them... and I'm taliking about 80% of them!  This is a new account ...