A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

EGD abbreviation - Kayley

Posted: Mar 12, 2012

Have come across a new abbrev for me twice in the last 4 reports on EGDs, runs something like "GE junction and STJ are at 37 cm"  Can't for the life of me find what STJ means.

squamocolumnar junction - SCJ

[ In Reply To ..]

EGD - jan2

[ In Reply To ..]
Superconducting Tunnel Junctions have to do with x-ray detection and are used with EGD sites. ??

Similar Messages:

Abbreviation NVP (or Is It MVP)?
Jan 11, 2010

My guess ... is this what NPE should stand for? Thanks. Left lower extremity deep venous thrombosis (DVT) no palpable enlargement (NPE). ...

H&P Abbreviation
Jan 18, 2010

HEENT:  He's abbreviating normocephalic and atraumatic as nc, ac.  Should they be in caps - NC, AT? ...

PCS Abbreviation?
Jan 23, 2010

Could someone please explain to me what "PCS antitussive" listed in the plan refers to? I know that p.c. is by mouth and OTC is over-the-counter, but I encountered the above phrase and I'm completely lost. I don't want to capitalize it or not capitalize it (or even put it) if I'm not sure myself. Thanks in advance. ...

Med Name Abbreviation Help!
Apr 23, 2010

I know MS can mean morphine sufate, but I have never heard of MSN.  I am guessing the 3 is a dosage.  Can anyone confirm or correct this, please? Much appreciated! "MSN 3, she takes 1 time per day." ...

Abbreviation Help Please
May 06, 2010

The dictator is a pediatric rheumatologist-new to me as a doc and a specialty.  Is providing a chief complain of "bilateral EVIS" but I can not find this abbreviation anywhere.  The "IS" part sounds a little iffy. Am I hearing this correctly or can someone out there tell me what else this could be?  Thanks so much! ...

Abbreviation Q.8h.
May 20, 2010

The doctor has dictated "q eight hours." Can the abbreviation q. ever be used alone or should I go with q.8h.? Thank you! ...

S Abbreviation?
Jun 06, 2010

I have a handwritten note where the doctor used S with a line above it for an abbreviation.  I know this either means with or without but am wondering which one?  I don't know how to type S with a line above it and it's pretty important I get it right as it is a determination of capacity for the patient to make medical decisions.  Thanks!    ...

OTL Abbreviation
Sep 12, 2010

Hi Everyone. Does anybody have a clue what OTL stands for when referring to orthopedics.   thanx ...

Abbreviation PFP (or Maybe PFT Or PFE)?
Mar 24, 2011

Hi, I'm transcribing for an ENT physician who dictated the following about a 7-year-old boy: "He has had problems with allergy and symptoms of fever, headache, facial pressure, postnasal drip, and sore throat. He has had PFPs which were normal." I haven't heard the abbreviation before of PFP and the doctor is speaking quickly enough that I can't tell if maybe it ends in an E or T instead of P. My various googling of the different abbreviations has come up with medical abbreviat ...

ATS Abbreviation
Oct 07, 2011

He follows up preoperatively for right shoulder ATS/PLCR.  Did I type this correctly and what is ATS?  Thanks in advance. ...

Abbreviation: PIC
Mar 08, 2012

Patient has chronic ulcerative colitis and colectomy with J-pouch.  He also says "There is no history of PIC or previous liver problems."  Patient now has very elevated liver function tests and is undergoing an ERCP.  Does anyone know what "PIC" is? I have checked all my usual sources, and it's just not there.  Help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance! ...

Help With Abbreviation..Please !
Mar 11, 2012

This is a consultation on a 2-week old baby girl with RSV bronchiolitis. Dictated:  She is still having coughing and wheezing. She is still having intermittent plugging. Because of the plugging, I reinstituted her Albuterol treatments, mostly for the humidity aspect with some (sounds like “PD&C”) in it.   I’ve searcned PD and C, PDNC, PD&C and came up with absolutely nothing.  Could he possibly mean this?  “chlorpheniramine / dextromethorph ...

CTO Abbreviation
Aug 02, 2012

Patient has cardiac issues, obstruction, right bundle branch block underwent cath and was recommended to udergo CTO.....then in the diagnosis he says "status post CTO" I am not familar with this - does anyone know what it stands for (to be expanded in the diagnosis)? Thanks for the cardiac expertise! ...

Abbreviation
Jul 01, 2014

dictating drugs and I never heard of the abbreviation - Digoxin 0.5 mg IVI, Cipro 400 IVI? heard to IV but no IVI. ...

Abbreviation CEP
Jul 14, 2014

Has anyone heard of this abbreviation? DX: Chest pain with radiation down right arm and leg PLAN: Admit to observation for CEP. ...

PPD Abbreviation
Mar 18, 2015

Infant was given 1 minute of PPD. I can not find anywhere what PPD in this instance would be abbreviation for. Thanks. ...

Abbreviation For Millivolt
Mar 10, 2010

What is the proper abbreviation for millivolt?  My reference says it is MV.  What do your references say?  Please state the reference. ...

Abbreviation Help On New Specialty
Apr 02, 2010

I have a pt with "EA" that I am trying to spell out in the assessment but I am not able to figure out what this could be for this pt.  I know the pt has anoxic encephalopathy, dysphasia (or could be dysphagia-could be either with this pt) aphasia, respiratory failure, pneumonia. Any suggestions what EA could be in this pt?   ...

Anyone Know The Abbreviation For Microreduction?
Apr 16, 2010

n/m ...

Has Anyone Ever Heard Of The Abbreviation
Jul 10, 2010

This is regarding a pt who was hospitalized for a presumed stroke that did not show on either MRI or CT.  Dictator is discussing this: As it turns out, the symptoms resolved within 48 hours and neither the CT scan nor the MRI scan showed that she had actually had a stroke so this was a prolonged "TRA" or a reversible ischemic neurologic deficit or RIND. The R is very clear so I really do not think it is TIA (if only it were so easy on a Saturday night!) ...

Abbreviation For Millisecond?
Sep 24, 2010

What is the abbreviation used for millisecond?  The report is regarding unstable angina.  Thanks for your help! ...

Cannot Find This Abbreviation...
Sep 26, 2010

The doctor dictates, HEENT: PDRLUMI, otherwise unremarkable. Should I break this acronym into smaller segments? I cannot find this acronym on the internet. Does anyone know what it stands for? Thanks for your time and expertise. ...

Milliseconds Abbreviation
Oct 07, 2010

I am seeing ms as the current abbreviation in VR...Has this changed from the "old daze" msec.  Thank you! ...

Gynecology Abbreviation
Dec 03, 2010

fibroid uterus, symptomatic, also s/l ILOU with urinary stress incontinence.  Have looked and looked and cannot find this.  TIA ...

Ortho Abbreviation
Dec 14, 2010

Just wondered if anyone could tell me what SARR stood for?  It was used like this.... Good candidate now for Synvisc-One repeat and with that, because of his pain level and in order to prevent SARR, I recommend corticosteroid..... Thanks in advance. ...

Abbreviation Web Site
Mar 16, 2011

THe MediLexicon web site is not working right lately.  Anyone know of another good abbreviation web site?   Thank you! ...

Help With Drug Abbreviation
Mar 20, 2011

Not sure if transcribed correctly below, input please. Augmentin 500 mg 1 p.o. b.i.d. for 10 days, take with food.  Potential side effects were discussed.  Albuterol MDI 2 puffs q.4-6 h. p.r.n.  Tessalon Perles 1-2 p.o. q.8 h., #30.  ...

Med Dosage Abbreviation
Apr 19, 2011

I have one doc that keeps giving me an abbreviation.  She will say Coreg 6.25 mg po bid then says W.C.  Any ideas, anyone else every hear of this, my first time in 20 years.  Cannot find anything.  All input is appreciated :) ...

Abbreviation For Microunits?
May 06, 2011

How do you abbreviate microunits without the symbol I keep seeing?  TIA ...

I G An Acceptable Abbreviation?
Sep 21, 2011

I have always spelled out gram but have seen people use g.  Is that acceptable?  Sometimes I find I have been doing something (thinking I had a reason for it) but find out later it was just something I got in my head.  ; ) ...