A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What is the correct spelling of Novocaine? I'm having a memory lapse - and am finding it all different ways depending on

Posted: Dec 26, 2011

x

Novocain - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Novocain - nm - pla

[ In Reply To ..]
x

How about trying Google or a medication website? - I dontGetit

[ In Reply To ..]
Really? MTs really take the time to write out a message asking for help on a medication and wait for an answer instead of doing a quick Google or going to a favorite list drug site? What the heck?? I cant believe that anyone would even answer someone that can't take the time to look up something so simple. Wonder why are wages are in the tank?

Similar Messages:

Having A Lapse Of Memory
Apr 16, 2013

Would someone please tell me how to change something in our signature block in e-mails.  I need to make a correction and have forgotten how to do this.  I don't want to have to call tech support and talk to "Phil." TIA. ...

Which Is The Correct Spelling?
Nov 25, 2009

hemachromatosis or hemochromatosis ...

Correct Spelling?
Apr 20, 2013

Is it plantarflexion or plantar flexion? ...

Correct Spelling.
May 10, 2013

In reference to a catheterization report, the provider stated what sounded like Roto Ablation, the MTE typed roto ablation, in researching I have found both, but I have edited it as rotablation. Is roto ablation correct term to use? ...

When Researching New Terms/correct Spelling, Etc.
Jan 27, 2010

Do you prefer reference books or online searches? Dorlands/Stedman's/websites? I currently use (have forever) Stedman's word books but was curous about other's thoughts on this. TIA. ...

Paraopthalmic Or Parophthalmic, Which Spelling Is Correct?
Apr 20, 2010

x ...

Correct Spelling Of Medication Cephoxolyn
Sep 21, 2011

I can't seem to find the correct spelling of this medication.  Sounds like cephoxolyn or spelled phonetically suffoxalin.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance. ...

Can Anyone Verify The Correct Spelling, Kitner/Kittner??? Nm
Apr 13, 2010

. ...

See Post. Hearing End Of Word Only ______ Trophic Memory. Pt Has Memory Loss.. See Msg Thanks
Sep 16, 2011

Patient does have some (sounds like difficulties ace/e/trophic or hearing trophic at end  memory and, therefore, history is somewhat limited by the patient. ...

"easy Mask" Anesthesia. Need Correct Spelling. Sm
Oct 08, 2011

The patient was put to sleep using "easy mask."  Can anyone tell me if this is a brand name, and if so how is it spelled?  I can't find it in my references nor by googling.  Thanks! ...

? Correct Spelling Of "Berger's Disease" "Burgeur's" ?
Feb 15, 2010

nm ...

Having A Brain Lapse Here.
Dec 22, 2009

"He decided to quit them......"   Is it 'all together' or 'altogether'?   Please forgive my mental lapse! ...

Novocain Or Novocaine?
Jul 13, 2012

Is it Novocain or Novocaine?  I see it spelled both ways when I look it up and am not sure which is correct.  Thanks for your help. ...

Allergy To Novocaine Causes Numbness
Mar 24, 2012

Seriously, it's been that kind of a day.  Am I missing something?  ...

Spelling Versus Not Spelling
Feb 11, 2011

I never thought I'd say this, but a dictator can do too much spelling.  There is one at my company who spells out every single medication.  While this is normally helpful, this doctor's pronounciation leaves a little to be desired.  It would be much simpler for him to just say the name of the medication.  ...

Memory
Jan 08, 2010

Has anybody done an upgrade on MQ computer?  Mine's going slow and has a very small RAM kb on it.  If so, where did you get the upgrade from? ...

Memory Lane
Jan 21, 2010

In a post below a couple of ppl are remembering the good old days, you remember, when MTs made as much as RNs and sometimes even more than the resident docs?... (memories, light the corners of my mind...)   How about when we had CORNER offices, expense accounts, direct lines, listing in the hospital directories.  They mentioned below hourly pay WITH line incentive. GEEZ!  I remember that!! I MISS THAT!!  We got bonuses, paid vacation and at 5 years the company se ...

Someone Please Refresh My Memory . . .
Jun 08, 2011

Exactly how many paycuts have we taken over the past few years?  I know there are quite a few, and the last jab is the 99% audit.  ...

Refresh My Memory On ML And Cc, Please
Feb 10, 2012

He dictates:  dexamethasone 4 mg/cc.  Should I type this or 4 mg/mL?  I can't remember.  Thanks ...

Refresh My Memory Please On OOW. S/m
Sep 03, 2013

I haven't been OOW for months. Today I have no work. I've clocked out with the OOW message. Do I have to make this time up? I don't particularly care to - not my problem there's no work after a holiday. If I'm short my 40 hours due to OOW, does that count against me as far as PTO and insurance? Thanks. ...

Name Of Syndrome When You Have Trouble With New Memory??? Thanks. Nm
Dec 15, 2009

nm ...

A Stroll Down Memory Lane
Feb 28, 2012

I was just cleaning out my email and found some from an old employer and her merry troupe of QA gals.  I have never in my life had a job that made me so crazy and rereading these crazy emails are reminding me just how fortunate and happy I am now.  That job transition was the classic from the frying pan and into the fire situation, which in turn led to the longest year of my professional life, which may or may not have included one email in which all of us crappy MTs were compared to f ...

Fond Memory Of Transtech
Mar 06, 2014

I only worked there a short while some time ago but really liked them. I had responded to an ad posted here and received a response.  I had researched opinions about them and was hesitant to accept.  I told the recruiter that.  I then received several e-mails from people who had worked there for years who told me their experience and invited me to join them.  I did. I have never had that experience with a company before, and it impressed me greatly.  So sorry they were f ...

Question About Installing Extra Memory
Mar 17, 2012

Has anyone ever installed a memory stick into their computer?  I need to install an extra GB of memory into my computer for a new position and, to say the least, I'm most definitely not tech savvy.  Is it easy to do? Can you just purchase the memory stick at RadioShack or some place like that? Is it possible to damage your computer installing it? Many thanks to anyone who give me some tips on this...I realize it's probably a very simple procedure but the thought of opening ...

Lachman And Memory Signs? Please See Message
Sep 13, 2012

On a knee examination, the doc is saying "Lachman and s/l memory signs are positive."  Does memory make sense?   TIA ...

Could Someone Refresh My Memory On How To Remove A Word From Spell Check?
Dec 11, 2009

I accidently added a word to spell check that is a misspelling.  I think someone posted how to delete a word....I can't find that post........   Thanks!!!! ...

Spelling Bee
Apr 22, 2010

I have just recently noticed a LOT of spelling going on.  Just now doc spelled Imuran and Toprol.  Yesterday it was simple things like "lingual."  It is on different accounts and by different doctors.  ...

S/l Zashia But Spelling For Sure?
Nov 16, 2009

Sounds so clear "Zashia" but the spelling is incorrect.  Does anyone have the correct spelling for this drug?  Thanks!!! ...

Cineangiocardiograms? Spelling?
Nov 19, 2009

Can anyone tell me if this spelling is correct?  Cannot find...sounds like "sin-E-angiocardiogram".  Thanks! ...

? About Spelling/correcting
Feb 21, 2010

Anyone ever had this happen? You spell something and you know it's right, plain and simple - however, the doctor corrects you on it, but its still wrong!! Do you spell it "wrong" -just for him only- to make him happy so he doesnt think you're not doing your job right or do you keep on spelling it "right", which he says is "wrong"?   ...