A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Which is the correct spelling? - still learning

Posted: Nov 25, 2009

hemachromatosis

or

hemochromatosis

Hemochromatosis - sunflower

[ In Reply To ..]
Hemochromatosis is a disorder that interferes with the body's ability
to break down iron, and results in too much iron being absorbed from
the gastrointestinal tract.

hemochromatosis - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
google for it!

Check in your medical dictionary. First place to start looking. My Stedman's - Olive

[ In Reply To ..]
has it only one way and it is a lengthy listing.

Similar Messages:

Correct Spelling?
Apr 20, 2013

Is it plantarflexion or plantar flexion? ...

Correct Spelling.
May 10, 2013

In reference to a catheterization report, the provider stated what sounded like Roto Ablation, the MTE typed roto ablation, in researching I have found both, but I have edited it as rotablation. Is roto ablation correct term to use? ...

When Researching New Terms/correct Spelling, Etc.
Jan 27, 2010

Do you prefer reference books or online searches? Dorlands/Stedman's/websites? I currently use (have forever) Stedman's word books but was curous about other's thoughts on this. TIA. ...

Paraopthalmic Or Parophthalmic, Which Spelling Is Correct?
Apr 20, 2010

x ...

Correct Spelling Of Medication Cephoxolyn
Sep 21, 2011

I can't seem to find the correct spelling of this medication.  Sounds like cephoxolyn or spelled phonetically suffoxalin.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance. ...

Can Anyone Verify The Correct Spelling, Kitner/Kittner??? Nm
Apr 13, 2010

. ...

What Is The Correct Spelling Of Novocaine? I'm Having A Memory Lapse
Dec 26, 2011

x ...

"easy Mask" Anesthesia. Need Correct Spelling. Sm
Oct 08, 2011

The patient was put to sleep using "easy mask."  Can anyone tell me if this is a brand name, and if so how is it spelled?  I can't find it in my references nor by googling.  Thanks! ...

? Correct Spelling Of "Berger's Disease" "Burgeur's" ?
Feb 15, 2010

nm ...

Spelling Versus Not Spelling
Feb 11, 2011

I never thought I'd say this, but a dictator can do too much spelling.  There is one at my company who spells out every single medication.  While this is normally helpful, this doctor's pronounciation leaves a little to be desired.  It would be much simpler for him to just say the name of the medication.  ...

Spelling Bee
Apr 22, 2010

I have just recently noticed a LOT of spelling going on.  Just now doc spelled Imuran and Toprol.  Yesterday it was simple things like "lingual."  It is on different accounts and by different doctors.  ...

S/l Zashia But Spelling For Sure?
Nov 16, 2009

Sounds so clear "Zashia" but the spelling is incorrect.  Does anyone have the correct spelling for this drug?  Thanks!!! ...

Cineangiocardiograms? Spelling?
Nov 19, 2009

Can anyone tell me if this spelling is correct?  Cannot find...sounds like "sin-E-angiocardiogram".  Thanks! ...

? About Spelling/correcting
Feb 21, 2010

Anyone ever had this happen? You spell something and you know it's right, plain and simple - however, the doctor corrects you on it, but its still wrong!! Do you spell it "wrong" -just for him only- to make him happy so he doesnt think you're not doing your job right or do you keep on spelling it "right", which he says is "wrong"?   ...

Word And Spelling Help Please
Feb 25, 2010

I have checked about 6 online dictionaries and googled it and can not find spelling for s/l tympanonomoscopy.  Any ENT people out there who can confirm the spelling of this?  He is saying tym-pan-o-ma-scopy.  This is a toddler with possible otitis media (as most of you probably guessed). ...

Segway Spelling Please
Mar 14, 2010

This is coming up misspelled when I spell check it... does anyone know the correct spelling of segway meaning transition?  Thanks! ...

Spelling Of A Work
Aug 04, 2010

Is the spelling of the following word correct?  neurobiochemical ...

Cyst Spelling
Jun 16, 2011

In my Stedman's Plastic Surgery Words book, it is spelled tricholemmal, but the physician and other references spell it trichilemmal.  Does anyone know the correct spelling?  Thanks!  ...

Word Spelling
Mar 29, 2011

Help!!  Is it written nonsurgically or non-surgically? ...

Looking For Spelling Of Med. S/l Flow X
Jul 12, 2011

Spelling Of Qvar
Aug 08, 2011

I got feedback that the drug Qvar should be all capitalized. I have never seen it this way before. Is this correct? ...

Spelling Of Medication
Sep 16, 2011

Med sounds like Inclenon.  I can't seem to find this anywhere.  Any suggestions?  Thanks. ...

Thanks For The Spelling Lesson, Doc
Nov 28, 2013

I'm not sure what got into Dr. Knucklehead's brain tonight, but he's spelling words like pannus, Trileptal, anasarca (which he spelled wrong).  It's bad enough he's doing it as often as he is because he's completely messing up the voice recognition for his drafts, but he has spelled pannus every freaking time he has said it. The patient has cellulitis below her pannus, so the word is coming up a lot in this report.   I have one more hour to go and then a ...

Why Is ASR Spelling Out All Numbers
May 19, 2014

Last time I was notified numbers were allowed at the beginning of sentences anyway. Really getting to be a PIA.. ...

Doctor Spelling Everything Out
May 05, 2015

Why does a long time doctor, good dictator, suddenly start spelling everything out?  Doesn't MModal screen to prevent bad transcriptionionists from being hired?  ...

FB Spelling Error For A QA Person!
Jun 29, 2010

I had a FB friend suggestion and I decided to go and check it out:   Employer:  _ _ _ _-_ _ _ (2009) Qaulity Assurance Editor At least now I know I won't apply for the opening this company has posted...if the QA people can't spell, what does that say about the company? Lesson in this is:  ALWAYS check your grammar and spelling no matter where you are posting.  You never know who is looking and for what purpose. ...

Need Spelling For S/l KO Case Inhibitor??
Jun 28, 2010

. ...

Help With Spelling Of Sesio Osteochondroma
May 28, 2010

s/l sesio osteochondroma ...

1, Possibly 2 Medications, And Spelling Help Please?
Aug 04, 2010

Not sure of the spelling for either.  Also, not sure if these are 2 separate medications or if they should be separated by a comma.  Any help is appreciated. Also, if you are familiar, please indicate whether they are brand or generic meds.    amiodipine danazopril oral ...

Poll: Spelling Pet Peeves
Sep 24, 2010

These drive me nuts when I see them! "I could care less" ... WRONG!  It is "I could not/couldn't care less" --  In other words, there is no more "caring" left!  LOL Rediculous ... WRONG!   It is "ridiculous." Pleural when "plural" is needed! You're vs your.   You're stands for "you are"!  Your is a possessive! Ok.  Your turn!   ...