A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Lachman and memory signs? please see message - mt12

Posted: Sep 13, 2012

On a knee examination, the doc is saying "Lachman and s/l memory signs are positive."  Does memory make sense?   TIA

McMurray? - ohiocarole

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I think that might be it. Thanks!! - mt12

[ In Reply To ..]

That might be it? - is this

[ In Reply To ..]
the first time you've done ortho? Are you an MT at all?

Similar Messages:

See Post. Hearing End Of Word Only ______ Trophic Memory. Pt Has Memory Loss.. See Msg Thanks
Sep 16, 2011

Patient does have some (sounds like difficulties ace/e/trophic or hearing trophic at end  memory and, therefore, history is somewhat limited by the patient. ...

1B Lachman/1A Lachman?
Oct 19, 2011

Cannot find 1B Lachman and 1A Lachman to verify. Anyone heard of this? ...

Lachman Obliterated?
Nov 08, 2011

Operative report, ACL reconstruction.   Whole sentence sounds like "Lachman is obliterated."   Does that make sense? ...

Grading Lachman Test
Nov 13, 2012

Grade Ia Lachman. How should that be written? (The I-a part) Thank you ...

Knee Exam - "Patient Has An **A1** Lachman's Test
Aug 14, 2011

x ...

Memory
Jan 08, 2010

Has anybody done an upgrade on MQ computer?  Mine's going slow and has a very small RAM kb on it.  If so, where did you get the upgrade from? ...

Memory Lane
Jan 21, 2010

In a post below a couple of ppl are remembering the good old days, you remember, when MTs made as much as RNs and sometimes even more than the resident docs?... (memories, light the corners of my mind...)   How about when we had CORNER offices, expense accounts, direct lines, listing in the hospital directories.  They mentioned below hourly pay WITH line incentive. GEEZ!  I remember that!! I MISS THAT!!  We got bonuses, paid vacation and at 5 years the company se ...

Someone Please Refresh My Memory . . .
Jun 08, 2011

Exactly how many paycuts have we taken over the past few years?  I know there are quite a few, and the last jab is the 99% audit.  ...

Refresh My Memory On ML And Cc, Please
Feb 10, 2012

He dictates:  dexamethasone 4 mg/cc.  Should I type this or 4 mg/mL?  I can't remember.  Thanks ...

Having A Lapse Of Memory
Apr 16, 2013

Would someone please tell me how to change something in our signature block in e-mails.  I need to make a correction and have forgotten how to do this.  I don't want to have to call tech support and talk to "Phil." TIA. ...

Refresh My Memory Please On OOW. S/m
Sep 03, 2013

I haven't been OOW for months. Today I have no work. I've clocked out with the OOW message. Do I have to make this time up? I don't particularly care to - not my problem there's no work after a holiday. If I'm short my 40 hours due to OOW, does that count against me as far as PTO and insurance? Thanks. ...

Name Of Syndrome When You Have Trouble With New Memory??? Thanks. Nm
Dec 15, 2009

nm ...

A Stroll Down Memory Lane
Feb 28, 2012

I was just cleaning out my email and found some from an old employer and her merry troupe of QA gals.  I have never in my life had a job that made me so crazy and rereading these crazy emails are reminding me just how fortunate and happy I am now.  That job transition was the classic from the frying pan and into the fire situation, which in turn led to the longest year of my professional life, which may or may not have included one email in which all of us crappy MTs were compared to f ...

Fond Memory Of Transtech
Mar 06, 2014

I only worked there a short while some time ago but really liked them. I had responded to an ad posted here and received a response.  I had researched opinions about them and was hesitant to accept.  I told the recruiter that.  I then received several e-mails from people who had worked there for years who told me their experience and invited me to join them.  I did. I have never had that experience with a company before, and it impressed me greatly.  So sorry they were f ...

Question About Installing Extra Memory
Mar 17, 2012

Has anyone ever installed a memory stick into their computer?  I need to install an extra GB of memory into my computer for a new position and, to say the least, I'm most definitely not tech savvy.  Is it easy to do? Can you just purchase the memory stick at RadioShack or some place like that? Is it possible to damage your computer installing it? Many thanks to anyone who give me some tips on this...I realize it's probably a very simple procedure but the thought of opening ...

What Is The Correct Spelling Of Novocaine? I'm Having A Memory Lapse
Dec 26, 2011

x ...

Could Someone Refresh My Memory On How To Remove A Word From Spell Check?
Dec 11, 2009

I accidently added a word to spell check that is a misspelling.  I think someone posted how to delete a word....I can't find that post........   Thanks!!!! ...

L Signs ??
May 06, 2011

Extraocular muscles intact.  (L signs) clear.  No wheezes  ...

Revandibrit Signs??
Oct 21, 2009

The patient has a UTI. "Abdomen is soft and non-tender. No revandabrit signs" revandibrit??? ...

Thyroid Eye Signs? Nm
Oct 21, 2009

nm ...

No Signs Of New S/l Papilardiracteroid
Dec 07, 2009

No signs of new s/l papilardiracteroid.  Wounds are currently healing. ...

H & P Vital Signs:
Jan 25, 2011

Please help.....I know I've heard this before but am drawing a complete blank....On examination, temperature 97, blood pressure 139/73, heart rate 89, respiratory rate 16.  She is 93% s/l on rule _______.  She runs this and General Appearance together and I just can't get it.  Thank you so much for any help. ...

S/l Cut Signs Or Cussign?? See More...
Oct 05, 2011

Persistent cough with mild progressive dyspnea with advanced mass-like consolidation with (cut sign, cussign, cufsine) noted within right lung parenchyma.    This is an english-speaking doctor, very clear... ...

S/l Table Signs
Oct 15, 2011

No past reports to look this up and doctor does not repeat in the report. "# weeks post s/l table signs, left index"   The only thing it mentions about the index is it has a hypertrophic scar. Any ideas? Thank you avulsion injury laceration ...

Plus And Minus Signs
Apr 16, 2012

Does anyone else have this rule with transcription?  I was told a while back and cannot remember where I heard it that you are not to use plus or minus signs anymore unless using them for actual math.  For example, positive bowel sounds instead of + bowel sounds, or +2 pedal edema should be plus-2 pedal edema. ...

Signs Job Outsourced
Aug 11, 2013

I have read the conversations here with such deep compassion for the fear and hopelessness most are experiencing in this transition from proud profession to extinction.  From my cocoon of full benefit hospital system position, I still deeply empathized with my fellow MTs in distress.  I have the sense that I will soon join your ranks and would like to ask what are the signs that your hospital/service is preparing to "save money" by throwing their dedicated employees into the giant cess ...

Outsourcing Signs??
Jan 10, 2014

Hi everyone, new to this forum.  I work for a hospital and a lot of us are getting a bad vibe lately, we work from home but we are noticing little things happening, we keep losing our connections, Joblister keeps disconnecting and we are told the firewall is being updated.  Was wondering if anyone noticed little things like this before they were outsourced.  Thank you ...

Vital Signs Question
Jul 18, 2010

Sometimes one of my doctors will just state the numbers when giving vital signs.  Just wonder how some of you handle this? ...

Is There A Short Cut To Remove All @ Signs At Once?
Oct 26, 2010

. ...

Tinel's And <sickleseen?> Signs ?
Apr 12, 2012

I have a doctor who, under the neurological exam section, says, Deep tendon reflexes were intact.  Tinel's and <s/l sickelseen> signs were both negative. Romberg was negative..." Thanks to anyone who might have a clue! ...