A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Stack splint or Stax splint? - unsure

Posted: Mar 23, 2010

Patient is in a Stack/Stax splint for a distal phalanx fracture. I find both splints in my ortho book, and it seems as though both could be used for fingers..? Anyone know a difference or the more commonly used one?

Stack is more common sm - flybye

[ In Reply To ..]
Post-op /Initial treatment for distal phalanx fracture: Place in alumifoam extension / clamshell / Stack splint. Elevation.

Similar Messages:

S/l Buck Offer Splint Or Buccalter Splint
Nov 25, 2009

. ...

Foot Splint S/l Dial Splint
May 16, 2011

This is a patient with 1rst metatarsophalangeal joint pain and very limited range of motion.  This is a clip of the file.  The _____ sounds like "Dial".  I have no idea what splint she is referring to.  Help!!!! We discussed her orthotic devices and they were given to her today after the adjustment.  We also discussed further adjustments including extension out to the 1rst metatarsophalangeal joint.  However, the patient wants to wait at this time.  I discusse ...

OCL Splint
May 21, 2010

Is there an expansion for this type of splint?  Cannot find anything other than reference to it being a plaster type splint.  TIA.  ...

U&L Or UNL Splint
Jun 18, 2011

Is it UNL or U&L splint? ...

Splint
Dec 12, 2010

The patient does have dressings dry and intact to the lower extremity and s/l lahnad splints in the place to the right lower extremity. ...

Ortho Help - Splint Name
Dec 22, 2009

Patient had a midshaft clavicle fracture and was placed into an 's/l  aloe-fin-air' splint.  He is very clear, but his mind is not on his dictation..... Thanks for taking the time to look! ...

S/l Ashurnal Splint
Sep 01, 2010

obvious nasal fracture and reposition it in the midline. It was still bent a little bitto the left side, even with this maneuver. He also has a small dorsal bump. An ashurnal splint was placed.   could it be external or internal? ...

S/l Tikio Splint
Oct 20, 2010

The patient has a fifth proximal phalanx fracture and was placed in a s/l tikio splint. This doctor has said this several times and I flag it every time because I can't find it and QA has never provided feedback so if anybody knows the answer I would truly appreciate it.  I left my word books at my old job.  Thanks! ...

Cock Up Splint
Sep 11, 2011

Is it cockup, cock up, or cock-up splint??? Thanks ...

Abduction Splint
Jun 20, 2012

s/l dural fem abduction splint ...

Collaid Splint?
Jun 26, 2013

This is for Boxer's fracture that the patient refuses to wear the standard splint for.  This MD notorious for mispronunciations.  Could be Koloid, calloid, caloid, koiloid, etc. Thx.  ...

Lamb Splint
Oct 15, 2014

Rx: Lamb finger splint. Is this a brand name? or just referring to lamb's wool padding. ...

Volar Blue Splint?
Feb 28, 2013

volar Blue splint? ...

Brace Or Splint That Sounds Like Cathelene
Dec 16, 2011

Ortho report, The patient is given a removable ______ (cathelene) wrist, hand long to wear.  ...

S/l Hill, Pill, Phil, Abduction Splint
Jan 14, 2010

She is going to wean from her  (___) abduction splint at this time and go to a simple sling. Sounds more like phil abduction splint. Can anyone help me? Thanks! ...

Help With Ulnar Gutter Splint - Having A Time Today! SM
Jun 02, 2011

Closure was carried out with 2-0 nylon horizontal mattress sutures.  The patient tolerated the procedure well.  There were no complications.  A s/l "bulgie dealings" ulnar gutter splint was applied. ...

Pt With Boxer's Fracture - Plan: Treat With A S/l Cobra Splint?
Aug 20, 2011

x ...

Pt With Left Tibia Fracture. She Was Placed In A S/l Claw-ta-tion Splint, Which Did Not
Jun 20, 2013

x ...

Ortho: I Dressed His Finger With Some Xeroform And S/l Fora-force And Put Him Back In The Splint
Dec 01, 2011

TIA :-) ...

Pt Had Dupuytren's Release. "Will Place Him Into A S/l Amleg Extension Splint" Nm T
Nov 25, 2009

x ...

S/l "codaptic" Splint?? Midshaft Humerus Fracture
Aug 01, 2011

that is what is sounds like, in ER, discharged to orthopod ...

S/l "Coke" Mason Splint
Jul 31, 2013

Patient has ankle sprain . . . dictation very clearly states "Coke" Mason splint was applied.  I tried Coat / Coke and cannot document anything. Thank you in advance! ...

Orthopedics Splint - Figure-eight Or Figure-8
Apr 18, 2010

The patient has a fracture and the doctor said he "placed a figure-8 splint."  What is the correct for this: figure-8, figure-eight, figure-of-8, or figure-of-eight? ...

Ash Split Catheter Or Ash Splint Catheter?
Aug 26, 2010

Anyone heard of this? Thanks, Abby ...

No Matter How Many Keyboards I Try (and I Have A Stack Of 'em)
Jul 17, 2011

What's your favorite keyboard to use to transcribe?  My recent experiment, a multimedia Apevia, which by the way is a piece of junk!  But it was blue and pretty, so I bought it.  I am always trying to find a better keyboard, but none beat my Saitek!  Big letters, spacious keyboard (I have a bit of a wide hand), and lots of fun stuff like background lighting.  Oh, and my company blocks all install (.exe) so my work computer didn't even recognize it........NEXT ...

Stack, Stag Or Staxx Clamp, Gyn Surgery
Feb 20, 2013

cannot tell if it is Stack clamp, Stag clamp or Staxx clamp for gyn surgery ...

Pelvis Film - "She Retains Good Bone S/l Stack
Jul 03, 2010

Examination of her pelvis film shows she has moderately advanced degenerative joint disease of her right hip with large femoral head osteophyte and medial wear.  She retains good bone s/l stack?? ...