A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

s/l "codaptic" splint?? midshaft humerus fracture - DK

Posted: Aug 01, 2011

that is what is sounds like, in ER, discharged to orthopod

show a coaptation splint in my surgery book? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Hey, found this, so looks like the above may be what you're looking for - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Indications for Splinting
Most humeral shaft fractures are treated with an initial coaptation splint followed by either a functional brace or a hanging arm cast. Indications for surgical repair of humeral shaft fractures include injury to vessels, severe soft tissue injury, an open fracture where bone penetrates skin, a pathologic fracture and severe displacement of the fracture fragments. Fractures of the proximal or distal humerus are not treated with coaptation splinting. An orthopedic surgeon or qualified healthcare provider should be consulted regarding the treatment of all humerus fractures.

midhumerus shaft fracture - cnbc

[ In Reply To ..]
it is coapted/coaptic

Similar Messages:

Orthopaedic Humerus Fracture Brace Name
Apr 17, 2012

Right proximal humerus fracture   On evaluation, she does have a ____ brace that is positioned well with her arm in neutral alignment. She is complaining of it cutting into her wrist. of course he changes his mind in the middle of the word and the best I can do is say that is sounds like "a strike stone".  Any ideas???  I don't think it is Stryker unless it is Stryker zone or something like that.... Thank you!! ...

7-part Proximal Humerus Fracture
May 09, 2013

Can someone send me a link for verification of a "7-part" proximal humerus fracture?  I can only find info for 1-part through 4-part classifications.. Thanks! ...

Left Proximal Humerus 'one Part' Fracture
Nov 18, 2009

nm ...

DX: Right Shoulder Proximal Humerus Fracture Of The Greater Tuberosity That Is Not Healed. Please
Dec 09, 2009

We will begin formal physical therapy at this point beginning with passive range of motion until she reaches full range of motion. At that time, we will advance her with s/l placent holds gradually working into active range of motion.   ...

Pt With Boxer's Fracture - Plan: Treat With A S/l Cobra Splint?
Aug 20, 2011

x ...

Pt With Left Tibia Fracture. She Was Placed In A S/l Claw-ta-tion Splint, Which Did Not
Jun 20, 2013

x ...

S/l Buck Offer Splint Or Buccalter Splint
Nov 25, 2009

. ...

Stack Splint Or Stax Splint?
Mar 23, 2010

Patient is in a Stack/Stax splint for a distal phalanx fracture. I find both splints in my ortho book, and it seems as though both could be used for fingers..? Anyone know a difference or the more commonly used one? ...

Foot Splint S/l Dial Splint
May 16, 2011

This is a patient with 1rst metatarsophalangeal joint pain and very limited range of motion.  This is a clip of the file.  The _____ sounds like "Dial".  I have no idea what splint she is referring to.  Help!!!! We discussed her orthotic devices and they were given to her today after the adjustment.  We also discussed further adjustments including extension out to the 1rst metatarsophalangeal joint.  However, the patient wants to wait at this time.  I discusse ...

Type Of Hip Fracture That S/L Crural Neck Fracture
Dec 31, 2011

Doctor is dictating for a 90-year-old who sustained a hip fracture in a fall. Then, under assessment, it sounds like he says "Left crural neck fracture." I could assume he means femoral neck, as I never heard of crural neck. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance. ...

Hemiarthroplasty Distal Humerus
Aug 29, 2010

TEXT:  In the meantime we will order from ________ the components necessary to proceed ahead with a hemiarthroplasty of his distal humerus. phonetically sounds like torn-yay - I'm sure it's the name of the company but I don't recognize this one.  Thank you.  ...

Fibula Fracture Or Fibular Fracture
Jun 24, 2010

which is corect, per AAMT BOS? ...

OCL Splint
May 21, 2010

Is there an expansion for this type of splint?  Cannot find anything other than reference to it being a plaster type splint.  TIA.  ...

U&L Or UNL Splint
Jun 18, 2011

Is it UNL or U&L splint? ...

Splint
Dec 12, 2010

The patient does have dressings dry and intact to the lower extremity and s/l lahnad splints in the place to the right lower extremity. ...

Ortho Help - Splint Name
Dec 22, 2009

Patient had a midshaft clavicle fracture and was placed into an 's/l  aloe-fin-air' splint.  He is very clear, but his mind is not on his dictation..... Thanks for taking the time to look! ...

S/l Ashurnal Splint
Sep 01, 2010

obvious nasal fracture and reposition it in the midline. It was still bent a little bitto the left side, even with this maneuver. He also has a small dorsal bump. An ashurnal splint was placed.   could it be external or internal? ...

S/l Tikio Splint
Oct 20, 2010

The patient has a fifth proximal phalanx fracture and was placed in a s/l tikio splint. This doctor has said this several times and I flag it every time because I can't find it and QA has never provided feedback so if anybody knows the answer I would truly appreciate it.  I left my word books at my old job.  Thanks! ...

Cock Up Splint
Sep 11, 2011

Is it cockup, cock up, or cock-up splint??? Thanks ...

Abduction Splint
Jun 20, 2012

s/l dural fem abduction splint ...

Collaid Splint?
Jun 26, 2013

This is for Boxer's fracture that the patient refuses to wear the standard splint for.  This MD notorious for mispronunciations.  Could be Koloid, calloid, caloid, koiloid, etc. Thx.  ...

Lamb Splint
Oct 15, 2014

Rx: Lamb finger splint. Is this a brand name? or just referring to lamb's wool padding. ...

Volar Blue Splint?
Feb 28, 2013

volar Blue splint? ...

Brace Or Splint That Sounds Like Cathelene
Dec 16, 2011

Ortho report, The patient is given a removable ______ (cathelene) wrist, hand long to wear.  ...

Tibia/fibular Shaft Fracture Or Tibial And Fibular Shaft Fracture
Jun 10, 2011

paranoid about nitpicking my work... I find it both ways when I search   ...

S/l Hill, Pill, Phil, Abduction Splint
Jan 14, 2010

She is going to wean from her  (___) abduction splint at this time and go to a simple sling. Sounds more like phil abduction splint. Can anyone help me? Thanks! ...

Help With Ulnar Gutter Splint - Having A Time Today! SM
Jun 02, 2011

Closure was carried out with 2-0 nylon horizontal mattress sutures.  The patient tolerated the procedure well.  There were no complications.  A s/l "bulgie dealings" ulnar gutter splint was applied. ...

Ortho: I Dressed His Finger With Some Xeroform And S/l Fora-force And Put Him Back In The Splint
Dec 01, 2011

TIA :-) ...

Pt Had Dupuytren's Release. "Will Place Him Into A S/l Amleg Extension Splint" Nm T
Nov 25, 2009

x ...

SLR II Fracture?
Jun 26, 2012

Has anyone heard of s/l SLR 2/II type fracture of the ankle? I cannot research this anywhere. Is this an abbreviation for Salter-Harris perhaps? ...