A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

wound treatment - Zoe

Posted: Apr 26, 2010

Nonhealing ulcer of the left foot.  The patient will still be nonweightbearing to the foot.  In the front of the part, I advised the patient to use s/l alcosolatee.

Got it - Aquacel AG nm - Zoe

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

For wound care terms.. - jen

[ In Reply To ..]
There's a useful page on this site with a list of wound care terms, just as an FYI! Here's the link.

http://medicaltranscriptionwordhelp.synthasite.com/

Thanks! nm - Zoe

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Wound Treatment Word
Jun 26, 2011

Wounds were treated with s/l Lat-chell?  followed by irrigation.  ...

Wound Track Or Wound Tract
May 19, 2010

Sorry, think this may have posted on the main board.  Gunshot wound or incised wound.  Wound track or wound tract? ...

Treatment
Feb 13, 2012

Patient is being treated for a brown recluse bite on calf.  Cultures were done that grew Bacteroides as well as Staphylococcus aureus.  She is on Bactrim and applying (s/l Draw Tech) to the wound. ...

S/l Des Something Modulating Treatment
Oct 19, 2009

She has never desired a des?? modulating treatment.   I can only pick out the des ...

Transcend QA Treatment
Jul 29, 2010

Does anyone else have any input on a QA position with Transcend out Georgia ?  Pay, hours, treatment, flexibility, etc. ...

Prostate Treatment
Aug 31, 2010

The patient has cancer of the prostate.  He is status post s/l Vansus placement and on antiandrogens.   Cannot find a references.  Help if you can please.  Thanks! ...

Treatment For Epistaxis
Dec 14, 2011

This is a treatment for epistaxis in 6 year old child. Sounds like Zyrtec??? ...

Type Of Treatment
Apr 12, 2012

DIAGNOSES:  Left femoral fracture-supracondylar.  Advanced Parkinson’s disease.  Probable cerebrovascular accident with right facial weakness.  Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease with possible recent aspiration. Recheck patient's chem next week due to elevated BUN.  Speech therapy is to reasses swallowing fucntion. Here is the part I have the question about: "We will make her (s/l) maxium S treatments routine for this next week and obtain a chest x- ...

Verruca Treatment
May 14, 2014

Hi! I am transcribing a note where the doctor indicated the patient had verrucous lesions on her finger and said, "because of this, I am treating her with ___________."  When he pronounces the word, it sounds just like Dioflan.  However, I cannot find a wart treatment that sounds anything like that.  Do you guys have any idea what it could be?  I appreciate your help! ...

Treatment For COPD
Jun 18, 2015

"He was diagnosed with a COPD exacerbation and treated with s/l SCN of FCN and Solu-Medrol."   and  "He has a home s/l SCN or FCN machine and home O2." ...

Is It Wound Vac, Wound Vac, Wound VAC, Or Wound V.A.C.?
Oct 24, 2011

Is it wound vac, wound Vac, wound VAC, or wound V.A.C.? I have seen it all four ways. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Wound V.A.C. Or Wound VAC
Jul 05, 2013

I have typed it like this for years and years (Wound V.A.C.) and while reviewing my "editor reviews" from a new account yesterday noted that Wound V.A.C. had been changed to wound VAC througout the report.  I have sent an e-mail requesting clarification from them but wanted to take a poll here also.  Thank you!      ...

Wound VAC Or V.A.C.
Sep 26, 2014

I had been typing this as wound V.A.C. and then was instructed that "per BOS" to take all punctuation out of acronyms. Now QA has instructed me to type this V.A.C. since this is the registered trademark name....I wish QA would make up their minds before I lose mind. TIA! :-) ...

Breathing Treatment Question - 19 M/o
Dec 20, 2009

Child is receiving a breathing Tx and it sounds like the doc is saying he is receiving a (sounds like) Y Yosemite, I Yosemite or a YA Yosemite breathing treatment.  Any ideas? Thank you so much! ...

Regarding A Burst Fracture Treatment. Please Sm.
Mar 02, 2010

The patient has a history of left lower leg injury and burst fracture with subsequent use of s/l *tettilers* as well as a cane to help stabilize himself. ...

Topical Osteoarthritis Treatment
Sep 06, 2010

The patient has osteoarthritis in fingers, given topical s/ six or zix to apply.  Help appreciated! ...

Severe Ear Infection Treatment
Apr 01, 2011

Need the drug name for what sounds like "Odreno cef 750" for treatment of severe ear infection.  ...

Treatment Of Lattice/lettuce?
May 06, 2011

In the emergency room he was found to have an elevated alcohol level.  He was also found to have an elevated white blood cell count and was admitted for treatment of (lattice). ...

Treatment For Lichen Planus
Jul 27, 2011

Sounds like Fizerex and clomblatazole??  Thanks!! ...

Treatment For Potassium Elevation
Sep 12, 2012

The pt has elevated potassium.   Being treated in ER with calcium chloride, B-51, Kayexalate and 1/3 liter of "Chris............. something.   TIA ...

Extremely Poor Treatment
Dec 11, 2012

I work for 96 physicians who (rightfylly so) expect the best and fastest quality transciption. However, when seen as a patient, I get the most horrid treatment (and fradulent) treatment possible (most most by clients.) I not only receive "steroid" injections that obviously have no steroids (only receive a few hours of pain relief) to dental care with crowns falling off after 2 weeks (I have had temporary crowns on as long as 3-4 years). These temporary crowns are put in and appointments reschedu ...

Ortho/podiatry Treatment
Jun 03, 2014

Dictated:  Continue physical therapy.  They will try iontophoresis or phonophoresis.  He should continue with anti-inflammatory medication, stretching exercises, use of orthotics or inserts, and comfortable shoes.  Consider cortisone injection or E-wall treatment. [end of note] He clearly says "E-wall" - I'm thinking maybe acronym ? I do not have an exact diagnosis as this is a f/u note - just that it is the foot-heel-ankle region.   Any suggestions apprecia ...

Scoliosis Treatment...please See Message...
Jul 22, 2014

In past medical history: The patient has a history of scoliosis. Treatment consisted of surgery to place a s/l LATTEL on the spine. TIA ...

Nuance Or SoftScript? Pay? Treatment?
Apr 14, 2015

I've heard bad things about both, but which is worse?  Pay per line?  Pay for headers & spaces?  QA torture? Thanks for any advice!    ...

CT And Wound Culture
Dec 20, 2009

We did a CT scan of her abdomen which was showing status post partial colectomy with ileostomy in the right lower abdomen; postoperative changes within the anterior abdominal wall including a small amount of fluid with the area s/l descended upon the lateral aspect of the renal alba, postoperative versus early infection; and a periumbilical ventral hernia which is small.  During the course of her stay here, she had a wound culture which was showing s/l tugulous Escherichia coli. ...

Drainage From A Leg Wound
Dec 30, 2009

Sounds like the doctor says P. Acmuesachia, NES????  Does anyone know a good web site to find out things like culture and sensitivity?  Thanks :) ...

Wound Checks - Thanks For Your Help!
Feb 11, 2010

it was a smashed toe and nail plate had to be repositioned - Dad has been doing daily dressing changes at home, which includes s/l "pass rinth", hydrogen s/l "brooks" peroxide soaks.   thanks. ...

Wound Help? 2 Questions
May 26, 2010

When designating pressure ulcer stage, would you capitalize the S in Stage?:  His Stage III pressure ulcer.  and for a Spandage, is it:   No.8 Spandage  or     No. 8 Spandage     or even      #8 Spandage   ...

Wound Culture
Aug 02, 2010

The patient's wound culture demonstrated gram-negative rods, pseudomonas, s/l florsesens and puteeta. ...

Wound Tract
May 09, 2011

The operative note indicates that the wound tracked into the flexor hallucis longus channel. Would this be correct?  I know it is wound tract, but I don't think tracted is a word. ...