A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

drainage from a leg wound - mt3

Posted: Dec 30, 2009

Sounds like the doctor says P. Acmuesachia, NES???? 

Does anyone know a good web site to find out things like culture and sensitivity? 

Can you give the sentence? - Horski

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Ok, Maybe Im Exhausted, But Typing A Report Where The Wound Has "pussy Drainage." SM
Nov 16, 2009

I mean I must have come across this before and if I have and have typed pussy drainage, I guess I never really thought it sounded funny... but tonight it does and Im totally confused.  With pus translate to pussy when describing a wound's drainage?  Or should I change it to pus-like drainage? ...

Sounds Like "sassy" Tube (for Wound Drainage)
Dec 07, 2012

Ever heard of "sassy" tube or sauci ? tube (for wound drainage).  Thanks in advance. ...

Wound Track Or Wound Tract
May 19, 2010

Sorry, think this may have posted on the main board.  Gunshot wound or incised wound.  Wound track or wound tract? ...

Incision And Drainage
Jan 13, 2011

Pulsavac irrigation with TAZ? Is TAZ correct? ...

Chlorin Drainage?
Oct 08, 2011

chlorin drainage??? ...

Elosin Drainage?
Oct 12, 2011

Patient had a colon resection - thanks so much ...

S/l Vector Drainage Bag (CSF)
Oct 25, 2012

CT Guided Drainage
Jan 13, 2013

Has anyone heard of "CT deep guided drainage" ? ...

Breast Aug Drainage
Dec 09, 2013

I managed to squeak through the rest, but the drainage at the end stumps me.   "Prior to closure, *15 round Foley colluded blade* drains are brought out through lateral stab incisions secured with 2-0 nylon suture."  Thanks!  ...

I&D - Irrigation And Debridement Vs Incision And Drainage
Feb 09, 2010

Is there any clear way to know how I&D should be expanded?  Am I correct to assume irrigation and debridement for a wound and incision and drainage for an abscess? What about for a paronychia?  Right now I have a patient who was I&D'd recently for a paronychia, which is an abscess, so I assume it was incised and drained, but it also says the nail was debrided. ...

Perirectal Tissues Requiring CT S/l (thick Headed Drainage)
Aug 29, 2010

Perirectal tissues requiring CT s/l (thick headed drainage) ...

Tonsils And Adenoids Problem S/l Clerbitous Postnasal Drainage
Nov 05, 2010

Patient is having evaluation for tonsils and adenoids.  Doc says:  "Patient had a s/l clerbitous postnasal drainage. No mass or lesion noted in the oral cavity." He speaks really fast, so this might even be "clear something nasal drainage." I'm just not sure what this might be. Any ideas? Thanks. And the "a" could just be a pause. Again, not sure.   ...

Catheter Position In Biliary Drainage Tube Measured At "stop Cot" ?
Jun 15, 2011

The brachytherapy catheter position was verified at 47 cm into the biliary drainage tube measured at the " stop cot".  ?? ...

Is It Wound Vac, Wound Vac, Wound VAC, Or Wound V.A.C.?
Oct 24, 2011

Is it wound vac, wound Vac, wound VAC, or wound V.A.C.? I have seen it all four ways. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Wound V.A.C. Or Wound VAC
Jul 05, 2013

I have typed it like this for years and years (Wound V.A.C.) and while reviewing my "editor reviews" from a new account yesterday noted that Wound V.A.C. had been changed to wound VAC througout the report.  I have sent an e-mail requesting clarification from them but wanted to take a poll here also.  Thank you!      ...

Wound VAC Or V.A.C.
Sep 26, 2014

I had been typing this as wound V.A.C. and then was instructed that "per BOS" to take all punctuation out of acronyms. Now QA has instructed me to type this V.A.C. since this is the registered trademark name....I wish QA would make up their minds before I lose mind. TIA! :-) ...

Rectal Fistula Sl "phaeton Drainage"
Mar 17, 2010

Tp has a rectal fistula.  "phaeton, feton, theton" drainage was attempted. TIA ...

Sounds Like "CT Duke-added" Drainage--help?
Jul 09, 2011

Can anyone help?  The doctor sounds like he is saying "CT duke-added" drainage".  He is talking about diverticulitis that has extended into the perirectal tissues and abscessed.  Thanks, Mary   ...

Sounds Like Blake Side Or Plate Side Drainage
Jun 16, 2015

transcribing cardiology report. Patient has an LVAD and what sounds like "blake side" or "plate site" drainage treated with antibiotics. I am stumped. ...

CT And Wound Culture
Dec 20, 2009

We did a CT scan of her abdomen which was showing status post partial colectomy with ileostomy in the right lower abdomen; postoperative changes within the anterior abdominal wall including a small amount of fluid with the area s/l descended upon the lateral aspect of the renal alba, postoperative versus early infection; and a periumbilical ventral hernia which is small.  During the course of her stay here, she had a wound culture which was showing s/l tugulous Escherichia coli. ...

Wound Checks - Thanks For Your Help!
Feb 11, 2010

it was a smashed toe and nail plate had to be repositioned - Dad has been doing daily dressing changes at home, which includes s/l "pass rinth", hydrogen s/l "brooks" peroxide soaks.   thanks. ...

Wound Treatment
Apr 26, 2010

Nonhealing ulcer of the left foot.  The patient will still be nonweightbearing to the foot.  In the front of the part, I advised the patient to use s/l alcosolatee. ...

Wound Help? 2 Questions
May 26, 2010

When designating pressure ulcer stage, would you capitalize the S in Stage?:  His Stage III pressure ulcer.  and for a Spandage, is it:   No.8 Spandage  or     No. 8 Spandage     or even      #8 Spandage   ...

Wound Culture
Aug 02, 2010

The patient's wound culture demonstrated gram-negative rods, pseudomonas, s/l florsesens and puteeta. ...

Wound Tract
May 09, 2011

The operative note indicates that the wound tracked into the flexor hallucis longus channel. Would this be correct?  I know it is wound tract, but I don't think tracted is a word. ...

S/l Murky Wound
Jul 12, 2011

Brand Name Of Wound VAC
Oct 20, 2011

I'm doing a Wittmann patch procedure and the doc keeps referring to a "a fair" wound VAC.  Could be aphthair, afthar, or something like that.  Any ideas?  I must be hearing incorrectly, but it sounds the same each time.  Any ideas appreciated.  TIA!   ...

Woundbed Or Wound Bed
Nov 13, 2011

woundbed or wound bed.   I dont know why, but i cant remember which one it is, all of a sudden.   ...

S/l Wound Effusion
Jan 22, 2012

Patient transferred after femoropopliteal bypass on the left lower extremity, and wound s/l effusion, full thickness, performed on the left foot.  ...

Wound Healing
Apr 11, 2012

Does anyone know of what sounds like "ellipsoskin"  He is saying I took out an ellipsoskin and combined the two holes int one big hole. Thanks for any help.    JA ...