A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

S/l "Elastoform tape" in chest tube placement procedure. - Aks

Posted: Aug 09, 2013

S/l "Elastoform tape" 

There's Elastoplast tape... - ??? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

elastic foam tape? - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
Product: 3Mâ„¢ Microfoamâ„¢ Surgical Tape and 3Mâ„¢ Microfoamâ„¢ Sterile Tape Patch
These highly conformable elastic foam medical tapes stretch for compression applications and to secure dressings over challenging areas.

The above is from the 3m.com web site

I'm not yet a medical transcriptionist, so keep that into consideration while you weigh this bit of information.

Similar Messages:

Chest Tube Help
Jun 30, 2011

Five grams of sterile talc mixed with 150 cc of normal saline wsa instilled via the s/l lava of the chest tube.  This is an ESL doctor, any suggestions? ...

Type Of Chest Tube
Nov 12, 2009

s/l arrow chest tube for pneumothorax ...

S/l Thora-lung Chest Tube?...nm
Jul 23, 2010

...nm ...

Titled Or Tidaled? Insertion Of Chest Tube
Jul 21, 2011

I'm thinking tidled (as in tides in an ocean, which kind of makes sense, but I can find neither to verify which is correct.  The sentence is: Once the tube was in and hooked up to water seal suction, it delivered a lot of air for a few minutes and then it _____ nicely. ...

Pt Developed Acute S/l Fleitus Requiring Emergent NG Tube Placement And A 3 Day Stay In The ICU Wher
May 31, 2010

xx ...

Tracheostomy Procedure...We Asked Anesthesia To Withdrawn Their Tube And Placed Our
May 25, 2010

s/l "8 Jackson 9" tracheostomy under direct visualization. ...

Chest Tube, Sounds Like "milli-for-ox"
May 27, 2011

Full sentence:  "She had septic shock, rhabdomyolysis, possible non-STEMI.  Status post (s/l "milliforoxin") with chest tubes removed." The tubes were probably for pneumonia.  It doesn't sound like "milk" or "milking" at all, but I will accept any and all theories!  Thank you for help. ...

Tape For A Baseball Thrower's Arm S/l Canezio Tape
Jun 10, 2010

tape for a sore arm s/l canezio tape ...

Procedure Report For Nuclear Medicine Procedure, And After All Is Set To Go, PROCEDURE IS ABORTED.
Oct 08, 2010

PROCEDURE PERFORMED:  Brachytherapy implant. Now, where does "PROCEDURE ABORTED" go, so patient isnt charged for it, etc, and no errors are made? And, should it be all caps? In name of procedure or as a separate "Please Note:" Its dictated as name of procedure but Dr. is indecisive and stutters dictation ambiguously. ...

Procedure Of Ankle Sx,, S/l Brostin, Berostin, Perostin Procedure
Oct 24, 2009

I have a patient who had a px of her ankle. The doctor did not give any hx of injury or any symptoms, just stated that she had a left ankle arthroscopy and what sounds like a Brostin procedure of her ankle? Anyone ever hear of this? Thank you so much in advance! Forgive my giddiness today but I havent' had a lot of sleep in the past several days and I do get giddy with little sleep. For some reason, one of my mom's most famous sayings just came to mind: "From the day of your ...

Tape Used In Surgery
Jun 19, 2012

Has anyone heard of s/l Messics tape used in surgery?  Thanks in advance! Cindy ...

S/l 'kuhneesha' Tape
Sep 18, 2012

The dictator is saying that a newborn with arthrogryposis and orthopedic abnormalities has that tape on his hands and wrists.  I've never heard of this before (brand name?) and I can't seem to find it.  Thanks in advance! ...

Buddy Tape ?
Sep 12, 2013

Does anyone know if Buddy Tape is capitalized or not? Thank you ! ...

Holter Tape
Nov 13, 2014

A Holter tape was negative for atrial fibrillation and demonstrated S/L port runs of SVT. Is "port" runs correct. ...

Nissen Fundoplication S/l Ta-pay ?tape. ESL!
Apr 23, 2010

nm ...

How To Delete Tape Using A Dictaphone
May 04, 2011

hey guys, does anyone know how to delete a tape on a dictaphone machine, I've a big one that i havent used in a while (years).... and i forgot how to erase finished tapes. any help TIA ...

Converting Tape To Digital
Nov 02, 2011

Anyone know of a machine that will convert cassette dictation tapes to digital format?  I do work for a doc who uses tapes (he doesn't want to convert to digital).   It's a good job, but I'd much prefer to transcribe using Express Scribe instead of the cassette machine. I've seen some ads on the Internet, but would prefer to go to a reputable store. Thanks for any help!   ...

Microcassette Tape Eraser
Oct 16, 2013

If anyone has a microcassette tape eraser for sale, please contact me.  I am looking to buy one. ...

Dental Surgery Tape
Oct 21, 2014

While doing an oral surgery note, the doc is stating what s/l "KHALLA" tape was then contoured....   Any ideas? I've checked all medical/dental/surgical sites I'm familiar with, but no luck.   Thank you in advance! ...

?s For Doc FINALLY Changing From Tape To Digital
Jun 09, 2012

what steps will i need to take in order to be HIPPA compliant, as far as receiving voice files & sending transcribed files to/from doctor ~ any info on this would be greatly appreciated!  thanks! ...

So My Doctor Left His Tape Recorder Running...
May 05, 2010

and kept it in his pocket not only during the next patient's exam, but while he went to the bathroom!  THAT wasn't a sound I expected to have to transcribe! LOL ...

Doctor Is Dictating Quick-Tape Cast
Jun 21, 2010

Doctor is dictating Quick-Tape cast.  Is it Quick-Tape cast, quick-tape cast, or Quik-Tape cast?  Cannnot document any of these.  TIA for any help. ...

Re New Job Posting - $10/hr. For Tape Pickup + Printing/delivery
Jul 20, 2011

Just curious if anyone thinks that's a good deal.  And ad states "mini" cassette tapes too.  I did that 14 years ago and couldn't fathom going through it again.  Let alone for $10 per hour -- $20/hr big maybe, but not $10.  The driving, the typing, and the time to print +cost of printer ink/toner etc.  Doesn't add up to a great profit.   I know money is money, but am I thinking maybe $15 per hour might sound a little better?  Just wondering if t ...

Placement Of Something
Jan 02, 2010

I am hearing a new one on emergency room reports.  They are saying what sounds like "An INT was placed."  What is the INT?  It is placed with cardiac monitors and such. ...

G Tube Versus G-tube Versus G-tube
May 19, 2010

g tube versus G-tube versus g-tube -  which is correctd ...

S/l *cosoft* Placement
Jun 28, 2010

Patient underwent dental prosthetic implant with s/l *cosoft* placement, which will be removed at his postop visit ...

Comma Placement
Apr 12, 2011

I know a comma is to be placed after the year, i.e., On March 27, 2011, she underwent an operation.  But, what about when formatted this way?  3/27/2011?  Do you still place a comma after the year? TIA! ...

Reservoir Placement??
May 16, 2011

A Ommaya reservoir placement for this treatment is there for a requested ___ technique.   words sounds like trait somewhat but is muffled....any ideas? Thank you! ...

Placement Change
Jan 04, 2012

If they offer you a "placement change" (which sounds a little fishy since all of the regions have no work as far as I can tell)...do you have to accept the change if it means a schedule change (i.e. shift)????  Why should we have to change our shifts????? Geez.... ...

Comma Placement?
Apr 27, 2012

I get these types of sentences constantly and always question my comma placement. "We will see her back in the office following her injection and if she does not improve, we would consider surgical intervention at that time." My question is whether there should be a comma either before or after "and." I know a comma needs to separate 2 independent clauses but the introductory phrase in the second clause throws me off. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :) ...