A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

?s for doc FINALLY changing from tape to digital - funsize

Posted: Jun 09, 2012

what steps will i need to take in order to be HIPPA compliant, as far as receiving voice files & sending transcribed files to/from doctor ~ any info on this would be greatly appreciated!  thanks!

What I use - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I use encrypted e-mail. I'm sure there are other e-mail encryption services out there, but I use Send It Secure and am happy with it.

I know there are ways to encrypt the e-mail yourself and you could also use an FTP I suppose, but I don't know how to do those things, so I just use Send It Secure and pay the monthly fee. It's quick and easy.

Encrypted E-mail - LF

[ In Reply To ..]
PDF Postman is very inexpensive encryption software. You can purchase it for a one time charge. No monthly charges. Works great and is easy for both you and your clients to use.

FTP and a possible upgrade on your sound card - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
Depending on the quality of recorder used.

which FTP do you prefer? - funsize

[ In Reply To ..]
any FTP better than the other? ease/HIPPA compliant?

Just check out Metroscript, Scribe.com, and MyDocsOnline - mt13

[ In Reply To ..]
Pay as you go, all set up with phone and digital recorder set ups, no need to upgrade much of anything unless your equipment is ancient. These are all HIPAA compliant platforms and designed to be used by MTs. Here are their links. I think FTP sites are way too cumbersome, and clients like the ease of use in retrieving their transcribed work from either of these three platforms. Go to their websites and check out the features. It's all set up to be easy for first-time users.

1) metroscript.com

2) scribe.com (has a free option to start out with)

3)mydocsonline.com (no phone-in)

Similar Messages:

Converting Tape To Digital
Nov 02, 2011

Anyone know of a machine that will convert cassette dictation tapes to digital format?  I do work for a doc who uses tapes (he doesn't want to convert to digital).   It's a good job, but I'd much prefer to transcribe using Express Scribe instead of the cassette machine. I've seen some ads on the Internet, but would prefer to go to a reputable store. Thanks for any help!   ...

Tape For A Baseball Thrower's Arm S/l Canezio Tape
Jun 10, 2010

tape for a sore arm s/l canezio tape ...

CHANGING JOBS/CHANGING EMPLOYEES
Feb 23, 2011

I have been applying and studying the "online transcription world" for about 2 months, so I realize I have am a neophyte. BUT-it seems to me that what is happening here is a huge waste of time and money. If the companies paid enough, ACTUALLY had work when they hire, were able to ACTUALLY pay the employees at all,  and treated employees well, then the transcriptionists wouldn't go looking for another job and leave.  THEN the companies wouldn't have to maintain recruiters, pos ...

Tape Used In Surgery
Jun 19, 2012

Has anyone heard of s/l Messics tape used in surgery?  Thanks in advance! Cindy ...

S/l 'kuhneesha' Tape
Sep 18, 2012

The dictator is saying that a newborn with arthrogryposis and orthopedic abnormalities has that tape on his hands and wrists.  I've never heard of this before (brand name?) and I can't seem to find it.  Thanks in advance! ...

Buddy Tape ?
Sep 12, 2013

Does anyone know if Buddy Tape is capitalized or not? Thank you ! ...

Holter Tape
Nov 13, 2014

A Holter tape was negative for atrial fibrillation and demonstrated S/L port runs of SVT. Is "port" runs correct. ...

Nissen Fundoplication S/l Ta-pay ?tape. ESL!
Apr 23, 2010

nm ...

How To Delete Tape Using A Dictaphone
May 04, 2011

hey guys, does anyone know how to delete a tape on a dictaphone machine, I've a big one that i havent used in a while (years).... and i forgot how to erase finished tapes. any help TIA ...

Microcassette Tape Eraser
Oct 16, 2013

If anyone has a microcassette tape eraser for sale, please contact me.  I am looking to buy one. ...

Dental Surgery Tape
Oct 21, 2014

While doing an oral surgery note, the doc is stating what s/l "KHALLA" tape was then contoured....   Any ideas? I've checked all medical/dental/surgical sites I'm familiar with, but no luck.   Thank you in advance! ...

So My Doctor Left His Tape Recorder Running...
May 05, 2010

and kept it in his pocket not only during the next patient's exam, but while he went to the bathroom!  THAT wasn't a sound I expected to have to transcribe! LOL ...

Doctor Is Dictating Quick-Tape Cast
Jun 21, 2010

Doctor is dictating Quick-Tape cast.  Is it Quick-Tape cast, quick-tape cast, or Quik-Tape cast?  Cannnot document any of these.  TIA for any help. ...

Re New Job Posting - $10/hr. For Tape Pickup + Printing/delivery
Jul 20, 2011

Just curious if anyone thinks that's a good deal.  And ad states "mini" cassette tapes too.  I did that 14 years ago and couldn't fathom going through it again.  Let alone for $10 per hour -- $20/hr big maybe, but not $10.  The driving, the typing, and the time to print +cost of printer ink/toner etc.  Doesn't add up to a great profit.   I know money is money, but am I thinking maybe $15 per hour might sound a little better?  Just wondering if t ...

Digital
Nov 12, 2010

A small doc office is changing to digital from microcassettes.. We have checked into Sylvan, Express Script, and Olympus software. Does anyone have an input on the software or any other suggestions? ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

S/l "Elastoform Tape" In Chest Tube Placement Procedure.
Aug 09, 2013

S/l "Elastoform tape"  ...

Digital Recorders
Jan 14, 2010

I have a physician that wants to swith to digital recorder so that  he can download the dictations onto the computer and send them to me (via e-mail I'm assuming) then I will type them in Word and e-mail them back to him.  I've used Express Scribe before to listen to reports using foot pedal too and typing them in Word.  Does anybody know if I can still use that software to listen to the reports and how I would get them from my e-mail to the software?  Any informati ...

Can't Believe With All The Digital Technology
Nov 09, 2010

our sound quality is so poor most of the time.  You ought to be able to hear clear as a bell, but I think it is worse than in the olden days.  Sounds like everybody is across the ocean, talking between two tin cans.  ...

Vance Digital
Jan 31, 2011

Has anyone know anything about this company and the Toll Free Call in Dictation Plan?   Thanks, Helen ...

Digital Players
Oct 17, 2012

I am using Express Scribe currently and is no longer free.  Since I have to purchase a program, I would like some suggestions on what everybody feels is a good replacement.  Thank you in advance for the suggestions. ...

Digital Or Dtsok
Oct 26, 2014

This company expects the impossible out of their workers while accepting horrible quality audio. First, you have a recruiter calling and praising your qualifications (not to mention taking a 5 part transcription test) and then when you decide to accept their job offer, they put you on an okay audio quality account, but then the 2nd week rolls around,( you are in a different account) and you find yourself replaying the audio and struggling to understand in the midst of static and other ...

Digital Voice Recorders?
Oct 15, 2009

doc finally breaking down and willing to go to digital recorder - any recommendations please. ...

HOW DOES A DIGITAL TRANSCRIBER WORK
Sep 18, 2010

Hello, I needed to know how the digital transcriber works. How would the doctor dictate? Is there an easier way like a 1-800 number the doctor can call in. I have heard of that before. I just need a simple and affordable way to transcribe. ...

ADVICE NEEDED RE: GOING DIGITAL
Jun 21, 2011

Not sure if I have the correct board, but I am looking for advice on how to get my doctors to go digital.  I currently transcribe for a small group of doctors who use tapes.  I am trying to figure out an inexpensive way to get them to go digital.  It has to be a relatively user friendly method since they are very busy and will not want to take the time to learn all kinds of new stuff.  They also will not want to spend a lot to convert to digital.  I currently have ExpressScribe, so I know t ...

Subcutaneous S/l Digital Rear
Jun 18, 2011

The subcutaneous s/l digital rear approximated with absorbable suture.   also if a sentence starts with "2-vessel" shall I change it to "Two-vessel"? ...

Digital Dictation Questions
Mar 25, 2011

I work in a small cancer center with three dictating doctors.  We are still on microcassette tapes, believe it or not!  We just got a new doctor who really wants digital (I do, too).  He has suggested Olympus equipment.  I was thinking of proposing that we go completely with Olympus, dictation/transcription equipment and software.  However, I've researched a little bit about ExpressScribe, GearPlayer, and Phillips equipment.  My main goal is to get it ...

Old Fashioned Transcriptionist In A Digital Age.
Apr 06, 2011

Greetings to all. I would love some insight and advice from all you younger MTs who have been working online from home. A little history - I attended Medical Transcription school 32 years ago, before we even had computers. Worked off and on since then, my last job as an IC with a family practice clinic client consisting of four providers. They were my client for 12 years. I actually picked up and dropped off tapes and transcription every day. They have now switched to digital records using a tem ...

Digital Transcription Systems In OK
Oct 07, 2011

Has anyone applied with them this week?  If so, have you heard back from them?  Their ad says they need 20 transcriptionists immediately... Just wondering as I haven't heard back.  :p ...

Info On Digital Recorders
Jan 30, 2012

Does anyone know if you can rewind and fast forward with a digital recorder?  If so, any brands you can recommend?   ...