A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

so my doctor left his tape recorder running... - sssdt

Posted: May 05, 2010

and kept it in his pocket not only during the next patient's exam, but while he went to the bathroom!  THAT wasn't a sound I expected to have to transcribe! LOL

At least you didn't hear anything illegal. - Varmint_hunting

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.montereyherald.com/local/ci_13234411

This is about a doctor in our town who was actually very highly thought of until he was arrested for rape, and then all this other garbage came out.

Here's the money quote:

"... had learned of Bergstrom's substance abuse two years earlier when a medical transcriptionist turned over a recording that captured the doctor trading drugs for, and using, cocaine in his office.

Hospital officials said they reported the tape's existence to the Medical Board of California, which licenses and disciplines doctors, and were told it was the transcriptionist's responsibility to file a formal complaint and forward the recording...."

How would you like to have been the one caught up in THAT mess?? (No, it wasn't me, and I don't know who it was.)

I used to live in Monterey... - RubySoho

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked at CHOMP and had a lot of my own accounts, too.

My curiosity is really piqued on this one...I'm gonna Google around.

It was all over the local paper, Ruby. - Varmint_hunting

[ In Reply To ..]
And Google has a lot as well:

http://fugitive.com/archives/12421

http://abyss2hope.blogspot.com/2009/07/doctor-convicted-of-rape-of-woman.html

http://www.montereyherald.com/neilshapiro/ci_13892609?nclick_check=1

http://www.kionrightnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=10233061

http://bulletin.aarp.org/states/ca/2009/31/articles/accounts_differ_bergstrom_transcripts.html

And those are only from the first page of search results! :)

Oh, thank you! - RubySoho
[ In Reply To ..]
I had to leave there about 6 years ago and miss it immensely. CHOMP was a great place to work and there are so many opportunities for an MT with some initiative there. It was like my personal utopia, lol!

I'm off to read...thanks for the linkage!

here is another one - gin

[ In Reply To ..]
A few years ago I had one where the doctor forgot to hang the machine up and got 22 minutes of conversation between him and fellow doctors on how to make methamphetamines - I sent the voice file to my supervisor with an e-mail and in the subject line I put "have you ever wondered what doctors talk about when they think no one is listening?" I stayed well out of that mess - I have no idea whatever happened - did not ask and did not want to know.

Did you ever get more dictation from that doctor again? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
X

funny you should ask - gin

[ In Reply To ..]
I still continued to receive dictation from that hospital but from a different group of doctors

ugh! so glad I didn't hear anything illegal - sm - sssdt

[ In Reply To ..]
I have heard a few of his examinations because he leaves the recorder running while in with a patient, but never anything illegal.

No wonder so many of them talk too fast! - Rocky R.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Transcription Software So That Doctor Can Dictate Into A Digital Recorder From His Office
Apr 20, 2010

Does anybody know of a good software program or system where the doctor can dictate into a digital recorder from his office, upload it to my computer and that I could transcribe using a footpedal (that I already have) and then upload it and send it back to the doctor?  The doctor would like to start using a digital system ASAP, so any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you! ...

Doctor Is Dictating Quick-Tape Cast
Jun 21, 2010

Doctor is dictating Quick-Tape cast.  Is it Quick-Tape cast, quick-tape cast, or Quik-Tape cast?  Cannnot document any of these.  TIA for any help. ...

Tape For A Baseball Thrower's Arm S/l Canezio Tape
Jun 10, 2010

tape for a sore arm s/l canezio tape ...

Ophthalmus On The Left With Slight Ptosis On The Left Secondary To *metrofeed* Left Eye Globe? Thank
Aug 31, 2010

nm ...

Digital Recorder System
Mar 14, 2013

The physician I work for is needing to purchase a dictation system. He is the only one dictating. There is one inhouse transcriptionist and I type from my home. So as you can see it is a very small clinic setting. What are some recommendations? Thanks! ...

Digital Recorder Question
Apr 09, 2013

My pastor wants to record interviews and then have me transcribe them.  If she gets a voice recorder with MP3 and WMA playback will I be able to download the files to my computer?  Does anyone have any suggestions for this type of device?  Thanks! ...

MD Using Sony IC Recorder. How To Transcribe From It?
Aug 10, 2013

I'm picking up some work for a MD that uses a Sony PX312 IC recorder. I'll be doing the work in-house for him but have to figure out how to go about doing this. I have a USB foot pedal that I can plug into his PC but how do I get the audio to work with my foot pedal? I'm thinking that I'll probably have to load the IC files to the PC, then transfer them to an audio player (express scribe?) then play them from there. I've always done this work from home where the files w ...

Olympus Recorder From Doc , And I Am Old And Dumb.
Nov 25, 2013

I recently heard from a local MD asking me to do work, said he was going to buy a tape recorder.  Okay, I get my trusty old equipment out.  Now he calls and says he has bought an Olympus VN 702PC.  I googled it hoping to figure it out, called my more literate son who says I can just use it with forward and pause buttons OR I can connect it to my computer with a USB cord and, "Mom, all you do is open the folder you want and click........."  Of course, I haven't a clue. &n ...

Digital Voice Recorder And Transcriber?
May 02, 2014

Good morning Fellows: I need some advice.  I have to order a recorder to record minutes at the board meeting, but also want to order something that I could maybe plug the digital recorder into that will transcribe the recording, and then all I will have to do it edit. One recorder I am looking at...the Olympus WS-822 4GB Digital Voice Recorder has a USB port that can be plugged into the PC; now just wondering what to order to transcribe the recording.....any thoughts?  All input wil ...

HELP!! What Software Can Transfer Speech To Text From A Voice File Or Recorder?
Aug 16, 2010

I was looking for software(possibly free!) that will allow you to not only speak in microphone and transfer to text, but can transfer to text from a voice file or recorder. HELP!!!  Thank You! ...

Tape Used In Surgery
Jun 19, 2012

Has anyone heard of s/l Messics tape used in surgery?  Thanks in advance! Cindy ...

S/l 'kuhneesha' Tape
Sep 18, 2012

The dictator is saying that a newborn with arthrogryposis and orthopedic abnormalities has that tape on his hands and wrists.  I've never heard of this before (brand name?) and I can't seem to find it.  Thanks in advance! ...

Buddy Tape ?
Sep 12, 2013

Does anyone know if Buddy Tape is capitalized or not? Thank you ! ...

Holter Tape
Nov 13, 2014

A Holter tape was negative for atrial fibrillation and demonstrated S/L port runs of SVT. Is "port" runs correct. ...

Nissen Fundoplication S/l Ta-pay ?tape. ESL!
Apr 23, 2010

nm ...

How To Delete Tape Using A Dictaphone
May 04, 2011

hey guys, does anyone know how to delete a tape on a dictaphone machine, I've a big one that i havent used in a while (years).... and i forgot how to erase finished tapes. any help TIA ...

Converting Tape To Digital
Nov 02, 2011

Anyone know of a machine that will convert cassette dictation tapes to digital format?  I do work for a doc who uses tapes (he doesn't want to convert to digital).   It's a good job, but I'd much prefer to transcribe using Express Scribe instead of the cassette machine. I've seen some ads on the Internet, but would prefer to go to a reputable store. Thanks for any help!   ...

Microcassette Tape Eraser
Oct 16, 2013

If anyone has a microcassette tape eraser for sale, please contact me.  I am looking to buy one. ...

Dental Surgery Tape
Oct 21, 2014

While doing an oral surgery note, the doc is stating what s/l "KHALLA" tape was then contoured....   Any ideas? I've checked all medical/dental/surgical sites I'm familiar with, but no luck.   Thank you in advance! ...

Left Double *clocking* System In The Left Kidney Repaired. Thanks. Nm
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

?s For Doc FINALLY Changing From Tape To Digital
Jun 09, 2012

what steps will i need to take in order to be HIPPA compliant, as far as receiving voice files & sending transcribed files to/from doctor ~ any info on this would be greatly appreciated!  thanks! ...

Re New Job Posting - $10/hr. For Tape Pickup + Printing/delivery
Jul 20, 2011

Just curious if anyone thinks that's a good deal.  And ad states "mini" cassette tapes too.  I did that 14 years ago and couldn't fathom going through it again.  Let alone for $10 per hour -- $20/hr big maybe, but not $10.  The driving, the typing, and the time to print +cost of printer ink/toner etc.  Doesn't add up to a great profit.   I know money is money, but am I thinking maybe $15 per hour might sound a little better?  Just wondering if t ...

Overheard A Doctor Telling Another Doctor...
Oct 15, 2010

20 years ago when the DRG's hit the hospitals, one  was complaing to the other... "they treat doctors like a bunch of old dogs now".  Well, that's how  MTs are being treated now.  Why on God's green earth do the MT services require all MT's to work at least one weekend day every week (Friday's and Monday's  don't count). Every ad I see on the Job Seeker board requires weekends.  Are they sadistic or something.  Why do we put u ...

Electroencephalogram: Left Temporal Focal Slowing In The 6 Hz Range With Left Temporal Sharp Transie
Apr 18, 2010

nm ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

S/l "Elastoform Tape" In Chest Tube Placement Procedure.
Aug 09, 2013

S/l "Elastoform tape"  ...

SA2 Running Out Of Work?
Nov 03, 2009

Has anyone else been running out of work in Sa2 the past few weeks?  I have been told to change my schedule and been offered crapola hours.  Just wondering how others have been doing lately.  It has been a while since I posted on here.  Thanks. ...

Anyone Else Running Out Of Work?
Feb 10, 2010

I'm so sick of having to hit the pawn shops up to pay my bills because the company I've been with for 7 years has overhired. I've not had any work now for 3 hours. ...

Not Walking But RUNNING!
Sep 30, 2010

After 10 years with Medquist I've decided to not walk but RUN!  Does anyone know how I can take the abbreviations I've spent 10 years developing on my own?  Is there a way I can copy them to a disk?  Any help would be so appreciated! ...

Running Out Of Work During The Day
Sep 11, 2012

I am running out of work every weekday.  I don't get work till around 11 am.  Are there accounts that are busy during the day? ...