A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

respiratory help - speedy

Posted: Mar 17, 2012

S/l Columbo score -- anyone heard of it?  can't find it by googling it. Thanks

Glasgow Coma Score - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Can't help with Columbo. There is a Mallampati score, - Olive

[ In Reply To ..]
predicts the ease of intubation. We need the whole sentence for context.

sentence please/more info - adult? ped?

[ In Reply To ..]
There are lots of assessment tools, and they differ depending on age, disease, clinical course, etc.

adult? pediatric? - speedy

[ In Reply To ..]
this was an adult male.

He underwent bronchoscopy, which has been negative to date for any intrinsic problems, mildly elevated _____ score noted.

Thank you!

thanks for sentence - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If we knew what the patient's complaint/diagnosis was, it would be helpful. It's not at all clear from the sentence that the "___ score" has anything to do with bronchoscopy or respiratory.

Well dang, there is a Columbo scale ! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Has to do with aspiration - see Columbo and Halberg

Similar Messages:

Respiratory
Sep 13, 2012

Okay, I know this word but my brain is not registering it!  This word shows up in a consultation report under respiratory and is the only word used. Respiratory is non ___   s/l  ti - kip - tic My google search is turning up empty.  Help!! Thank you ;) ...

Respiratory Distress
Apr 04, 2012

s/l "ticket nick" for breathing problems along with retractions...can't find anything like that anywhere. ...

Respiratory Exam
Oct 18, 2012

is this right transient edema? ...

Respiratory Failure
Apr 16, 2014

patient under respiratory failure with s/l "six" serotonin syndrome ...

Is 97 A High Respiratory Rate?
Jan 14, 2010

Usually my respiratory rate values are in the teens.  This time it's 97 and wonder if I should question.  Patient is 92 years old and has weakness and dimentia.  I've searched for rr values and it shows normals 12-20. ...

Occupational Health/respiratory Help
Jul 28, 2010

The patient was working on a ______________ when three pumps fell on her right shoulder.    Sounds like he is saying 9D pole.  He is not one of my usual docs.  He is talking fast and low, and with a slight lisp.  Any help would be appreciated. The patient is a respiratory therapist. ...

Respiratory Failure-consult
Nov 22, 2010

Patient had a positive troponin and severe coronaqry artery disease, severe s/l amora..  Also has severe papillary muscle dysfunction.  Could it be AMR/MR/AMI?  Got me stumped.  Thanks for your help ...

Respiratory Rate Dictated As 28/40. That Can't Be Right, Can It?
Jan 18, 2012

Patient is a disheveled middle-aged male, alert and oriented x3. Moderately ill in appearance.  He dehydrated.  Blood pressure 129/63.  Pulse, 92. Respiratory rate of 28/40 ...

H&P With Chief Complaint Of Respiratory Distress
Jan 17, 2010

Plan: Admit to medical center for stabilization and evaluation.  Oxygen 2L per nasal cannula.  Theo-Dur 200 mg p.o. q. 12h to begin with.  Lasix 40 mg IV now and 40 mg p.o. b.i.d.  This is where I need help........... Digitalize, replace potassium.  Should there be a comma after Digitalize or a colon?  Thanks in advance ...

Respiratory (s/l) *sys-ti-tial* Viral Infection SM
Jul 14, 2010

I found the word "systitial" in parentheses in google, but I cannot verify it anywhere else.  THX ...

Upper Respiratory Tract Type Infections With *carizor* Or Cough. Thanks. Nm
Jan 05, 2010

nm ...

Respiratory Arrest. Patient Laid Flat For Admission Of "blunt Ridge Effusion/infusion" Sm
May 14, 2015

Code was callled briefly as she deteriorated.  Her symptoms worsened as she was laid flat for initiation of s/l blunt ridge fusion, which was stopped quickly.  Totally stumped.    ...

Infant With Respiratory Distress Syndrome "QSR"
Jul 04, 2013

Baby has respiratory distress syndrome and was given what sounds like "QSR" or "que-ess-arr." Don't know if this is an acronym or a drug or what. Any help very much appreciated. ...

"theosilum"?? - Respiratory Med. Note
Feb 28, 2012

"A gentleman with severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease as well as nocturnal apnea and takes *theosilum* preparation." What could "theosilum" be?? Thanks! ...