A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Pt is s/p excision of mass from the finger - please sm. tia

Posted: Mar 29, 2010

Pt has numbness and decreased sensation to the right 3rd digit.  "We are ordering s/l senswine sign testing"   ?  TIA

please sm - more info given - thanks

[ In Reply To ..]
"We are ordering s/l senswine sign testing to monitor for deficits or improvements in the sensory function of the right 3rd digit".

Semmes-Weinstein monofilament? - Bunion

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

I Have A Sore Finger! The Skin On My Index Finger Was Dry And Split And Now It Hurts When I Type!
Oct 13, 2009

Any suggestions?  It's really annoying makes typing difficult and I definitely cannot type with a band-aid on my finger.  I'm one of those finicky MTs who takes forever to find a comfortable height of my chair, distance from the keyboard, height of my monitor, etc.  And absolutely nothing on my wrists and hands!  No rings, watches, bracelets, band-aids! I was considering putting super glue in the split, but then chickened out. ...

AutoCorrect Shortcut Help? Palpable Mass & Parotid Mass
Nov 28, 2009

I have entered "pama" as my shortcut for parotid mass; but also I transcribe the phrase "palpable mass", and would logically use "pama" for that. What is a good way in general to handle phrases that would use the same shortcut? Also, specifically for these two phrases, what would you use?  I would like to be consistent so the shortcuts are easy to remember. Thanks for your input- ...

S/l Line Of The Finger Or Lamina Finger?
Oct 19, 2009

The line of the finger is great. Motion is satisfactory. Strength is limited. ...

Is It 1 Finger Dissection Or Blunt Finger Dissection?
Dec 17, 2010

It sounds like he is saying "1 finger dissection" or could this be blunt finger dissection? ...

"dys*something*" During Finger-to-finger Touching
Jun 06, 2011

This is a physical therapy evaluation.  The audio goes out so all I can hear is the first syllable "dys": "The patient has no dys*something* during finger-to-finger touching." I am totally drawing a blank.  What could this be?  Thanks! ...

During Lipoma Excision
May 30, 2010

He ____ with 1% lidocaine.   s/l "has been infiltrated"   maybe?   TIA!! ...

Gynecomastia Excision
Jul 30, 2010

Doc is dictating an op report on exicision of male gynecomastia. A dressing of s/l "rest-on" film and an Ace-wrap was applied. TIA  ...

Excision, Lesion Right Lower Leg
Mar 31, 2012

Can anyone help with my missing word..sounds like drrav... Lesion was excised in full thickness manner taking a cuff of normal-appearing skin with it. The ___ skin under localization was done prior to full thickness excision. ...

Excision Of Earlobe Fissure And Repair Via
Jan 14, 2010

s/l "double U plasty" ...

Excision Of Right (temple Or Temporal) Lesion?? Cannot Tell Which He Is Saying.
Feb 15, 2011

x ...

Pilonidal Sinus Excision - Flaps
Jun 13, 2014

Patient had a second pilonidal sinus excision.  In two separate dictations, doctor referred to excision as including (what sounds like) caradaculous flaps.  I've done several searches with various spellings of this word to no avail.  Any idea what the proper spelling should be?  Thanks so much for your help!  ...

Lacrimal Dilators For Perineal Lesion Excision?
Feb 09, 2013

I am doing a report for a doctor and surgery that I don't normally do.  The surgery is for excision of a perineal lesion and fistulous tract.  She says she uses lacrimal dilators.  It s/l lacrimal anyway but I can't seem to confirm that this is correct.   Using lacrimal dilators the wound tract was explored and found to approximately 4 cm in its greatest length but non-communicating with perianal glands or rectum.  There was a blind ended sac.  With the l ...

Surgery For Excision Of Axillary Lymph Nodes
Jun 27, 2013

s/l Lower extremity "venadines" were placed? ...

Pt W/ Suspicious Lesion On Left Upper Back. We Did An (spells Out E-y-e- Excision"...
Nov 30, 2009

Thanks so much!!!! ...

S/l "subacromial Decompression, Distal Clavicle Excision, And Debridement With RASTING Of A Lab
Dec 31, 2009

It definitely does not sound like grafting and I don't really believe that would be correct anyway.  I thought maybe RAST but I am having no luck with any of my searches.  Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks! ...

D3 (?) Trigger Finger
Nov 16, 2009

What does the D3 stand for?  Is it distal third?  Thanks!!! ...

Finger Pain
Jun 25, 2010

Hi, everyone. I'm sure that this is a common problem in the transcription field, but I was hoping someone had some sort of remedy. I've been typing every day for the past couple of weeks about 9 hours a day and one of my fingers (the one I use for the Backspace key) is really starting to hurt every time I push down on it. It's right at the second knuckle on the digit and it's starting to become problematic. Any suggestions from more experienced MTs? Thanks. ...

Where The Finger Should Point
Jul 20, 2011

So much ire and angst pointed at MTSOs.  I even read where the TAT is a marketing ploy :)   It helps to remember that we're all in the same boat and for the same reasons, to support ourselves. What so many of you don't seem to get is that the INSURANCE industry is dictating much of the TAT.  If reports aren't on a chart in xxx time then the facility/physician is dinged financially. If an MTSO doesn't meet TAT, they are dinged financially.  So they a ...

Finger Into Ileostomy?
Sep 15, 2011

Would a physician insert a finger into an ileostomy to check for problems, or is there some tool that sounds like finger/feeger? Context:  The patient's ileostomy demonstrates minimal output. I did insert a [s/l finger/feeger] to see if there was evidence of continued problems there, and there is a very tight opening through the fascia... ...

Crooked Finger
Feb 04, 2013

Has this happened to anyone else?  My right index finger (the one that operates the arrow keys to navigate the cursor when editing) has become definitely crooked (pointing off to the left).  It doesn't hurt at all.  The left index finger is totally straight and normal.  When I look at it while striking my arrow keys, I can see I'm directing it that way.  It's the only thing I can think of that could have caused this.  Anybody else?  (I'm def ...

Pre-mass?
Jan 05, 2010

Doctor says, "There were some pre-masses within the liver which had the appearance of focal nodular hyperplasia." Is the term "pre-masses" a correct term.  I can't find it anywhere. ...

H.e. Mass
Jul 24, 2011

patient says h.e. mass has been present for several months. I can't figure out what h.e is, please help ...

Once Again MedQ Showing They Have Their Finger On
Mar 16, 2010

It never ceases to amaze me this monolithic company whose primary source of revenue is transcription has no clue in managing their most valuable commodity, the MTs!!!  E-time has proven disasterous in wrangling MTs to keep precise time schedules and produce..and now take away the mainstay of MTing for years..the incentive (which agreed, sucked anyway..).  WE ARE PRODUCTION EMPLOYEES!!!!  WE DO NOT GET PAID HOURLY OR SALARY!!  How do these Hahvad, Wharton School rejects not ge ...

Finger To Floor Distance?
Sep 24, 2010

can finger to floor distance be 0 cm?...doesnt that mean the pt can touch the floor...? ...

S/L RETNER Finger Test
Apr 06, 2011

ss ...

Chordae/chordee Of Finger
Apr 11, 2011

Okay, he says 4 times "chordee/chordae" but he is working on a finger, not a heart, ear or a penis. Any ideas? ...

Stick A Finger In My Eye And Both Ears
Jul 10, 2012

I'm on my 29th report for the day and I have not had one decent dictator yet.  It's been solid insanity.  The whole day has been filled with: 1.  ESLs.  They are saying the right words, but they're not pronouncing them anywhere close to correct. 2.  What the heck?  Everyone is yawning and talking.  Please stop talking, go ahead and yawn (if you can't find the pause feature!) and then continue with your hard to unde ...

Ok, So I'm Editing Along, Finger On The Right Arrow
Nov 12, 2013

Just holding down the arrow when suddenly the number 6 appeared as if I typed it!  My fingers were no where near the 6! Please watch every second when you hold down the right arrow for a length of time! Wonder what else this program does on its own!!  ...

Finger Tendon Word
Mar 04, 2014

further immobilizing but keeping the s/l gentorum tendon intact.  thanks! ...

Hyphenate 4 X 2 X 2 Cm Mass
Jan 28, 2010

Should "2-cm" be hyphenated?  I know if it was just 2-cm mass it would be.  In this case, 4 x 2 x 2 is still describing "mass" but it does not look right this way 4 x 2 x 2-cm mass. Ugh, it should still be hyphenated, huh?  Anyone? ...