A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

s/l "subacromial decompression, distal clavicle excision, and debridement with RASTING of a lab - willtypeforfood

Posted: Dec 31, 2009

It definitely does not sound like grafting and I don't really believe that would be correct anyway.  I thought maybe RAST but I am having no luck with any of my searches.  Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

subacromial decompression....sm - middlechild

[ In Reply To ..]
? rasping

Rasting...sm - gyb

[ In Reply To ..]
Couple of possibilities...

Could be rasping of the canal (medullary canal) or rasping of the shaft. In some procedures they rasp the medullary canal or the distal end of the clavicular shaft...so could be saying rasping of the canal or shaft which doesn't remotely sound like lab ??? :)

RASTING - willtypeforfood

[ In Reply To ..]
I think it is rasping. I got a hit on Google for Textbook of Arthroscopy and it has a procedure for debridement and rasping for meniscal tears. It is definitely a labral tear though. Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it.

Rasting...sm - gyb

[ In Reply To ..]
I was wondering if the "lab" was referring to the labrum but wasn't quite sure about that. :)

Similar Messages:

OP Note Ortho - Clavicle Fracture
Nov 30, 2011

Hi, Not sure if it should be three or free and what the sounds like is.  Any ideas?  Thank you! The clavicle and the malunion site were explored and as mentioned we did not find the expected nonunion but instead found a fairly solid malunion with the expected **three (free)** fragments.  The **s/l tergoited** fragment was nestled well posteroinferiorly. ...

Decompression Question
Jul 28, 2011

The patient follows up status-post subscapularis and subacromial decompression?  Does this sound right?  Thanks ...

Unfamiliar Decompression
Nov 04, 2013

The patient was supposed to get "a left carpal tunnel decompression, a left cubital tunnel decompression, and a decompression of the *canalicion*  It sounds like canal-icky-on.  The procedure changed, so I don't have anything else to go off to figure this out.   ...

Carpal Tunnel Decompression
Jan 12, 2011

I can't figure out what the (___) would be.  It s/l it could be (loss and) but I was thinking it was going to be a specific type of compression.  It also could s/l (___ anti-) compression?  It almost s/l moss anti-compression!! "The nerve itself was atrophic and contracted and constricted consistent with (___) compression." Thanks.  ...

Lumbar Decompression & Fusion
Mar 16, 2011

Hi everyone. The doctor s/l he is saying:  "We have also talked about the off labral use of the MP in the posterolateral recess and posterior interbody spacers."  I think that's what he is saying, not sure of the bold words.  DX is lumbar instability, stenosis & radiculopathy L3-4 and 4-5.  There is also a synovial cyst off L3-4.  Not able to locate these exact words on any websites/searches.  Thanks for any help.  ...

Debridement Of Burn
Dec 13, 2010

Hi...  Can't "hear" this at all, even though this question has been posted on here, not sure which form to use.   "Prior to the dressing, the arm was irrigated with s/l pulsatile/pulsar/pulsed  lavage with s/l assistance/system/solution of 3 L of lactated Ringers.   thanks! Barb   ...

(s/l Triumph Or Trianth) Posterior Decompression...
Dec 30, 2010

Below is the complete sentence:  May be a good candidate for "triumph" posterior decompression and disk replacement study.  TIA!  ...

Spinal Diskectomy And Decompression Question
Apr 07, 2011

At this point, attention was paid to removal of hardware.  The s/l K2 tulip removers were used initially in order to unlock the heads.  Following this, rods were removed.  ...

Another Debridement Issue 2 Questions..
Dec 14, 2010

Okay, 2 issues this time. "This consisted of debridement of tissues down through the s/l  ulna 3 joints of her hand... but couldn't find anything to back up "ulna 3 joints"   "Further debridement into the distal s/l "farm" revealed that the TFCC and ulna bone itself was necrotic". I know it sounds obvious but it sounds like he IS saying "farm" and does so in several places in the report.   THANKS!!!! bv ...

I&D - Irrigation And Debridement Vs Incision And Drainage
Feb 09, 2010

Is there any clear way to know how I&D should be expanded?  Am I correct to assume irrigation and debridement for a wound and incision and drainage for an abscess? What about for a paronychia?  Right now I have a patient who was I&D'd recently for a paronychia, which is an abscess, so I assume it was incised and drained, but it also says the nail was debrided. ...

Sounds Like X-sate-sheil Debridement
Jun 07, 2011

Dictator is listing procedures done while patient is in the hospital.  She is referring to debridement on the heels.  Sounds like X-sate-sheil debridement.  Any ideas? TIA for any help.   ...

Back Surgery Help! Recess Decompression, Posterolateral Fusion
Oct 28, 2009

This is what i dictated, I bolded things I am questioning/don't know:  She was advised that she would benefit from L2-L3, L3-L4, L4-L5 central and bilateral recess decompression L2 to second posterolateral fusion with K 2 mesa and                     ten ah lee instrumentation system local autograph. Vitoss and infused bone grafting surgery. I am not sure about K2 mesa and ten ...

Debridement Note Word Help, S/l Stealed Tissue??
Nov 23, 2010

Op report of debridement - blank as follows:  I (s/l stealed) tissue over the in situ bypass. ...

Debridement - Patient Was S/l Freight/free Wrapped, Prepped
Aug 01, 2010

Patient was s/l freight/free wrapped, prepped, and draped in the usual fashion in the supine position. ...

Debridement - Under S/l Trachea Control I Excised The Necrotic Tissues
Aug 04, 2010

Under s/l trachea control I excised the necrotic tissues and dorsum of her right hand, the right metacarpophalangeal joint as well as her right wrist. ...

Debridement Of Maxillary Sinus Using Suction And _____ Instruments?
Nov 08, 2011

Blank sounds like tuchogie or tuckogie.  Any suggestions?  Thanks! ...

During Lipoma Excision
May 30, 2010

He ____ with 1% lidocaine.   s/l "has been infiltrated"   maybe?   TIA!! ...

Gynecomastia Excision
Jul 30, 2010

Doc is dictating an op report on exicision of male gynecomastia. A dressing of s/l "rest-on" film and an Ace-wrap was applied. TIA  ...

Lateral Decompression With S/l Elip-ti-si-zation Of The Iliotibial Band Over The Greater Trochanter
Mar 22, 2015

to decrease the liklihood of trochanteric bursitis.   TIA ...

Pt Is S/p Excision Of Mass From The Finger
Mar 29, 2010

Pt has numbness and decreased sensation to the right 3rd digit.  "We are ordering s/l senswine sign testing"   ?  TIA ...

Excision, Lesion Right Lower Leg
Mar 31, 2012

Can anyone help with my missing word..sounds like drrav... Lesion was excised in full thickness manner taking a cuff of normal-appearing skin with it. The ___ skin under localization was done prior to full thickness excision. ...

"ankalaid" Fracture Of The Mid Left Clavicle
Oct 15, 2009

Does anyone know of something that sounds like "ankolaid" clavicle fracture?  ...

Excision Of Earlobe Fissure And Repair Via
Jan 14, 2010

s/l "double U plasty" ...

Excision Of Right (temple Or Temporal) Lesion?? Cannot Tell Which He Is Saying.
Feb 15, 2011

x ...

Pilonidal Sinus Excision - Flaps
Jun 13, 2014

Patient had a second pilonidal sinus excision.  In two separate dictations, doctor referred to excision as including (what sounds like) caradaculous flaps.  I've done several searches with various spellings of this word to no avail.  Any idea what the proper spelling should be?  Thanks so much for your help!  ...

S/l "perched" Fracture Of The Clavicle?
Jan 11, 2014

I am doing ortho - the patient sustained what s/l a "perched" fracture of the clavicle with superior angulation?  Pursed fracture?  It isn't burst fracture as I believe those are in the back only and it sounds like a "p" ... ...

Lacrimal Dilators For Perineal Lesion Excision?
Feb 09, 2013

I am doing a report for a doctor and surgery that I don't normally do.  The surgery is for excision of a perineal lesion and fistulous tract.  She says she uses lacrimal dilators.  It s/l lacrimal anyway but I can't seem to confirm that this is correct.   Using lacrimal dilators the wound tract was explored and found to approximately 4 cm in its greatest length but non-communicating with perianal glands or rectum.  There was a blind ended sac.  With the l ...

Surgery For Excision Of Axillary Lymph Nodes
Jun 27, 2013

s/l Lower extremity "venadines" were placed? ...

S/l Distal Seas Or Distolces...see More
Jul 02, 2010

...duplex studies that were done on him confirming proximal disease and I think he probably has distal disease and runoff diseaese to go with it.  He is a known diabetic, was a heavy smoker and so I would expect "distalces" to be quite advanced.   This is a very clear-speaking doctor...not foreign, so it could not be "this disease"... ...

Hemiarthroplasty Distal Humerus
Aug 29, 2010

TEXT:  In the meantime we will order from ________ the components necessary to proceed ahead with a hemiarthroplasty of his distal humerus. phonetically sounds like torn-yay - I'm sure it's the name of the company but I don't recognize this one.  Thank you.  ...