A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Crooked finger - Suebzb

Posted: Feb 04, 2013

Has this happened to anyone else?  My right index finger (the one that operates the arrow keys to navigate the cursor when editing) has become definitely crooked (pointing off to the left).  It doesn't hurt at all.  The left index finger is totally straight and normal.  When I look at it while striking my arrow keys, I can see I'm directing it that way.  It's the only thing I can think of that could have caused this.  Anybody else?  (I'm definitely going to start hitting those keys softer ;-)

Don't have that specific problem, but since doing so much ASR - I have CTS symptoms for

[ In Reply To ..]
the first time in my life, and at the end of the day the muscles in my lower eyelids are twitching like mad.

Similar Messages:

I Have A Sore Finger! The Skin On My Index Finger Was Dry And Split And Now It Hurts When I Type!
Oct 13, 2009

Any suggestions?  It's really annoying makes typing difficult and I definitely cannot type with a band-aid on my finger.  I'm one of those finicky MTs who takes forever to find a comfortable height of my chair, distance from the keyboard, height of my monitor, etc.  And absolutely nothing on my wrists and hands!  No rings, watches, bracelets, band-aids! I was considering putting super glue in the split, but then chickened out. ...

S/l Line Of The Finger Or Lamina Finger?
Oct 19, 2009

The line of the finger is great. Motion is satisfactory. Strength is limited. ...

Is It 1 Finger Dissection Or Blunt Finger Dissection?
Dec 17, 2010

It sounds like he is saying "1 finger dissection" or could this be blunt finger dissection? ...

"dys*something*" During Finger-to-finger Touching
Jun 06, 2011

This is a physical therapy evaluation.  The audio goes out so all I can hear is the first syllable "dys": "The patient has no dys*something* during finger-to-finger touching." I am totally drawing a blank.  What could this be?  Thanks! ...

D3 (?) Trigger Finger
Nov 16, 2009

What does the D3 stand for?  Is it distal third?  Thanks!!! ...

Finger Pain
Jun 25, 2010

Hi, everyone. I'm sure that this is a common problem in the transcription field, but I was hoping someone had some sort of remedy. I've been typing every day for the past couple of weeks about 9 hours a day and one of my fingers (the one I use for the Backspace key) is really starting to hurt every time I push down on it. It's right at the second knuckle on the digit and it's starting to become problematic. Any suggestions from more experienced MTs? Thanks. ...

Where The Finger Should Point
Jul 20, 2011

So much ire and angst pointed at MTSOs.  I even read where the TAT is a marketing ploy :)   It helps to remember that we're all in the same boat and for the same reasons, to support ourselves. What so many of you don't seem to get is that the INSURANCE industry is dictating much of the TAT.  If reports aren't on a chart in xxx time then the facility/physician is dinged financially. If an MTSO doesn't meet TAT, they are dinged financially.  So they a ...

Finger Into Ileostomy?
Sep 15, 2011

Would a physician insert a finger into an ileostomy to check for problems, or is there some tool that sounds like finger/feeger? Context:  The patient's ileostomy demonstrates minimal output. I did insert a [s/l finger/feeger] to see if there was evidence of continued problems there, and there is a very tight opening through the fascia... ...

Once Again MedQ Showing They Have Their Finger On
Mar 16, 2010

It never ceases to amaze me this monolithic company whose primary source of revenue is transcription has no clue in managing their most valuable commodity, the MTs!!!  E-time has proven disasterous in wrangling MTs to keep precise time schedules and produce..and now take away the mainstay of MTing for years..the incentive (which agreed, sucked anyway..).  WE ARE PRODUCTION EMPLOYEES!!!!  WE DO NOT GET PAID HOURLY OR SALARY!!  How do these Hahvad, Wharton School rejects not ge ...

Pt Is S/p Excision Of Mass From The Finger
Mar 29, 2010

Pt has numbness and decreased sensation to the right 3rd digit.  "We are ordering s/l senswine sign testing"   ?  TIA ...

Finger To Floor Distance?
Sep 24, 2010

can finger to floor distance be 0 cm?...doesnt that mean the pt can touch the floor...? ...

S/L RETNER Finger Test
Apr 06, 2011

ss ...

Chordae/chordee Of Finger
Apr 11, 2011

Okay, he says 4 times "chordee/chordae" but he is working on a finger, not a heart, ear or a penis. Any ideas? ...

Stick A Finger In My Eye And Both Ears
Jul 10, 2012

I'm on my 29th report for the day and I have not had one decent dictator yet.  It's been solid insanity.  The whole day has been filled with: 1.  ESLs.  They are saying the right words, but they're not pronouncing them anywhere close to correct. 2.  What the heck?  Everyone is yawning and talking.  Please stop talking, go ahead and yawn (if you can't find the pause feature!) and then continue with your hard to unde ...

Ok, So I'm Editing Along, Finger On The Right Arrow
Nov 12, 2013

Just holding down the arrow when suddenly the number 6 appeared as if I typed it!  My fingers were no where near the 6! Please watch every second when you hold down the right arrow for a length of time! Wonder what else this program does on its own!!  ...

Finger Tendon Word
Mar 04, 2014

further immobilizing but keeping the s/l gentorum tendon intact.  thanks! ...

Finger Injury - Ortho Word Help, Please
Jun 15, 2010

Pt has injured her right index finger and doctor dictates the following:  I feel that both s/l EC and EIP are intact today on my exam.  I cannot find reference to the EC and possibly the EIP.  THANKS for any and all help!!! ...

Help With Finger Pain, Keyboard Choices, Or Other Remedies
Nov 11, 2009

In the last couple of months I've noticed that my fingers seem sore to touch.  It happens in random areas, sometimes on the pads of the fingers, sometimes along the middle of the fingers when I grip my iPod Touch or hold my coffee cup.  Mostly it seems to be superficial and in the skin.  Definitely not an arthritis-like pain. Some days it's been harder to transcribe because of this.  When a fingertip is sore, I sometimes wrap a little Coban wrap around it which help ...

The Liver Is Four Finger Breaths Below The Right Coastal Margin
Nov 26, 2010

Is this the correct sentence? The liver is four finger breaths below the right coastal margin and tender to percussion? ...

He Has Mild Corneal *clotting*. He Can Finger Count. Thanks. Nm
Dec 04, 2010

nm ...

2 Finger Upper Extremity Support? Ortho
Jul 21, 2012

Patient did use 2 finger upper extremity support but showed good control. This indicates normal eccentric strength for descending stairs. This is for knee pain. Has anyone heard of this before? ...

Performing Finger Fracture (?) In Abdominal Surgery
Mar 15, 2013

Op Report for open sigmoid colectomy.   ...the mass almost felt concrete over the sacral promontory. A lot of (s/l finger fracture) was performed in this manner, taking care not to enter the retroperitoneal space or structures bilaterally other than the sigmoid. Have not been able to confirm this term. TIA for any help! ...

Thumb And Small Finger Pain And Swelling.
Apr 08, 2015

Curious if anyone else has started having base of thumb and small finger pain and swelling since doing ASR for the past many years? ...

Hand/finger W/positive S/l *Scott-Earl Sign*?
Mar 24, 2010

nm ...

There Is Generalized Swelling Over The Dorsal And Lateral Aspect Of The Finger
Jan 09, 2012

extending from the distal phalanx just proximal to the eponychial fold region into the area of the *mid middle phalanx*.   Does this look right? ...

S/l P-line Type Fracture - But Issue Is Finger, Not Ankle
Dec 01, 2012

Doctor sounds like he is saying pilon fracture, but the patient has a finger issue, not an ankle fracture. Context - "Three views of the right hand reveal a healing s/l p-line type fracture with an intra-articular portion with narrowed joint space. I thought about pilon fracture, but again this doesn't involve the ankle, so I don't believe that's it. TIA! ...

Exam Index Finger - Palpable Trigger Nodule At The S/l DDPTC
Oct 13, 2010

x ...

Lately, I Tend To Give The Middle Finger To The Computer Screen As I'm Uploading.
Sep 16, 2011

x ...

Ortho: I Dressed His Finger With Some Xeroform And S/l Fora-force And Put Him Back In The Splint
Dec 01, 2011

TIA :-) ...