A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

"Nex" jig to size the distal femur - dh

Posted: May 12, 2012

Everyone is using Nex jig (and I think we were told it was that by Editing), but I can find no mention of it anywhere on the net.  Does anyone else use this?  (orthopedic knee surgery)  It sounds good, but why is there NOTHING about it on the net?

Example:  A shovel retractor was then positioned, and the Nex jig was used to cut for a size G high-thigh femoral component...

nex jig - might be

[ In Reply To ..]
There is a NexGen knee system

could they just be talking about a jig for the femoral neck cut - neck jig? nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Rod For Femur Fracture
Jan 04, 2010

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a great New Year!  Lady with posttraumatic chondromalacia patella with previous femur fracture.  "s/l treater rod has been removed." Thanks! ...

Grade 1 Or I For Femur Changes
Aug 01, 2013

Is it Arabic or Roman numerals? ...

X-rays Of Pelvis And Femur
Apr 15, 2012

There is no evidence of loosening of the hardware although on one AP, there does appear to be increased lucency about the fracture site, which could be attributed to s/l moth effect.  ...

Help With Dal Rod Or Dowell Rod For Femur Fracture, Can't Find Anything (TIA)
Apr 19, 2010

. ...

Ortho Or Rad Word S/l Juxiritic Femur
Mar 27, 2012

on a knee x-ray she has no fracture.  She has extensive sclerosis, s/l "juxiritic" femur?  Any idea?  Thank you in advance.  ...

Pt Scheduled For Repeat ORIF Left Femur - Please Sm
Apr 12, 2010

Patient is now scheduled for repeat ORIF with replacement of femoral rod and tibial strut bone grafting with application of s/l dull-miles cables.  Thanks! ...

Radiology Help: Pelvis X-ray Shows Some Abnormality (s/l Lie)_____ Of Femur
Jul 28, 2013

Thanks ...

Femur And Pelvis X-rays - Minimal Spurring Of The Acetabulum And Questionable Fragmentation Of The S
Nov 04, 2009

x ...

S/l Distal Seas Or Distolces...see More
Jul 02, 2010

...duplex studies that were done on him confirming proximal disease and I think he probably has distal disease and runoff diseaese to go with it.  He is a known diabetic, was a heavy smoker and so I would expect "distalces" to be quite advanced.   This is a very clear-speaking doctor...not foreign, so it could not be "this disease"... ...

Hemiarthroplasty Distal Humerus
Aug 29, 2010

TEXT:  In the meantime we will order from ________ the components necessary to proceed ahead with a hemiarthroplasty of his distal humerus. phonetically sounds like torn-yay - I'm sure it's the name of the company but I don't recognize this one.  Thank you.  ...

Thickening Of The Distal Colon
Feb 14, 2015

I'm working on an audio from a bariatric surgeon.  He's talking about a woman's abdominal CT and he says "...it looked normal.  She did have some (s/l hostule) thickening of the distal colon..." Any help is most certainly appreciated! ...

Distal Esophageal Stricture Which Was *boujied*??? Thanks. Nm
Jan 28, 2010

nm ...

Pt Is Scheduled For A Distal Humeral Osteotomy
Jul 12, 2010

x ...

Full Breath Of The Distal Tendon?/sm
Jun 03, 2011

It appears to extend across the full breath of the distal tendon. Is that correct. ...

She Had A S/l Non Faluting Stenosis In The Distal Circumflex, Marginal. Please SM
Sep 19, 2010

And I need help with this word too, please.  Thank you in advance. She was treated with Mucomyst and s/l sent IV fluids.  Does that make sense? ...

S/l IND Of An Open Distal Phalanx Tuft Fracture
Nov 09, 2010

Working on an orthopaedics dictation for a marblemouth...trying to figure out what "IND" (could be IMB, INB but nothing seems to make sense) of an open distal phalanx tuft fracture... Anyone know the right abbreviation (and the meaning!) for this one?   Thanks - ...

Pt Is S/p ORIF Right Distal Radius With Removal Of Hardware
Nov 12, 2014

and left carpal tunnel release. She is asking for Cad-i-mean cream. Thanks ...

Text Size
Jan 02, 2010

I forgot the easy way to adjust text size.  Hope someone can help. Is it still possible to search for something here?  I can't find the "search" line.   ...

Font Size Help!!! (please)
Apr 29, 2010

This isn't directly related to MT, but is in a round-about way.  I've done something to cause my font size in certain areas to be smaller, and it's driving me crazy!  I don't know how to describe exactly where it is happening, but it is the font at the top of the tabs in IE, in the side menu (listing my mail folders) in my Outlook mail, the font in Word at the top of the page (toolbar and file, edit, view, etc.), in some message boxes, etc.& ...

Size DOES Matter, LOL!
Oct 03, 2010

"The patient's penis is cucumber sized," courtesy of ASR. Dictated as, "The patient's penis is circumcised."  Good one, ASR...at least I got a giggle out of THAT boo-boo! ...

Cursor Size In DQS 7.0
Jul 24, 2012

Anybody know how to change my cursor size while working in DQS 7.0?  It's just a thin little line and I used to have it like a highlighted box which was easier to see.  Thanks. ...

ET Tube Size
Jun 12, 2015

How do you transcribe ET tube size, is it "a size 75 ET tube, or a size 7.5 ET tube." ...

Having A Rough Morning. Distal Radius Fracture Question
Dec 22, 2009

We discussed alternative methods of treatment, other than the surgical option, which include but are not limited to, casting s/l "in situ/inside chew", closed reduction, without percutaneous or external fixation.  LOL, that is the best I can hear!  Any help would be greatly appreciated.    ...

Dental Surgery - Tooth 6 Had S/l Mesiofacial Distal Decay
Jan 15, 2010

Tooth 6 had s/l mesiofacial distal decay and s/l mesiofacial distal composite was placed.  Tooth 8 had s/l distofacial decay and a s/l distofacial composite was placed. ...

Heart Cath: S/l The Distal Vessel Has Luminal __itis
Feb 19, 2010

but no significant stenosis.  He says it several times, but I can't figure it out (new doc, new account, ESL) ...

S/l Ruptured Distal Empoolery, Left Ectopic Pregnancy
Nov 14, 2010

PREOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIS:  Positive pregnancy test with abdominal pain.POSTOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIS:  Ruptured distal  ___________, left ectopic pregnancy with  hemoperitoneum. ...

Stent Size Question
Mar 17, 2011

I know we are to drop the zero after a decimal when doing lab values, i.e. "hemoglobin was seven point zero" is just written as "hemoglobin was 7", but do you drop the zero after sizes, i.e. "Taxus three point O by twelve mm drug-eluting stent" - is that written 3.0 x 12-mm or 3 x 12-mm?  I never can get this straight...any input would be helpful. Thank you!!! :) ...

Screen Size Question
Apr 23, 2012

It just occurred to me the other day, I probably would be better off with an updated monitor.  The actual viewing portion of my screen is only about 9-1/2 high and 12-1/2 inches wide ... the old thick chunky-type monitor.  For those of you who are using larger flat screens, has it made much of a difference for you for proofing and overall viewing ease? ...

Changing Font Size
Jul 31, 2012

Now I know this seems like a stupid question, but I need help chaning font size to something not indicated in Word 2003 or Word 2007.    I have typed in the unusual font size but it does not work.   I need 13, 15, and 17 which I do not see as options.  Any help advice appreciated. ...

7.1 Cursor Size- Can We Change It?
Oct 10, 2012

Does anybody know how to change the size of the cursor from the skinny little line in 7.1? Thanks! ...