A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Dental surgery - Tooth 6 had s/l mesiofacial distal decay - Missy

Posted: Jan 15, 2010

Tooth 6 had s/l mesiofacial distal decay and s/l mesiofacial distal composite was placed.  Tooth 8 had s/l distofacial decay and a s/l distofacial composite was placed.

Dental Surgery - dsauverwald

[ In Reply To ..]
mesofacial and distofacial I do believe is what you are looking for! All I did was google and it brought up these two words. Google is always a good source to look up words.

It is mesiofacial (mesial + facial) and distofacial (distal + facial). I work in a dental office. - MTtoday

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Dental Surgery Term
Feb 04, 2014

It is for a broken mandible: "A "blue cheese" retractor was placed to aid visualization." TIA ...

Dental Surgery Tape
Oct 21, 2014

While doing an oral surgery note, the doc is stating what s/l "KHALLA" tape was then contoured....   Any ideas? I've checked all medical/dental/surgical sites I'm familiar with, but no luck.   Thank you in advance! ...

Has Anyone Transcribed Oral Dental Surgery Reports And If So,
Oct 28, 2010

how difficult is this specialty to learn?  I consider ophthalmology very difficult.  Is it comparable to this?  Appreciate any and all comments. ...

Dental Surgery - A *noctdramis*? *knocked Ramus*?
Dec 16, 2013

A small round diamond was used to equilibrate teeth numbers 3, 5, 13, 22, 20, and 29.  The area was again debrided and irrigated.  A *noctdramis*? *knocked ramus*? retractor was used to expose the anterior ascending ramus and a curved Kocher was used for retraction.   ...

Dental Surgery: "A Blue 'shof-ee' Plate Was Then Fitted To The Area And Put In Place&
Nov 04, 2010

Dental surgery: "A blue 'shof-ee' plate was then fitted to the area and put in place" (after IMF) ...

Dental Surgery,s/l "Ferret" Throat Pack"
Sep 20, 2014

It's not often I do a dental surgery and it sure sounds like he is clearly saying "Ferret" throat pack at the beginning of the surgery.  All I seem to come up with in searching is real ferret dental information.  Anyone out there ever heard of "Ferret" throat pack for dental surgery?  ...

Dental - Do We Get A Dental Card?
Jan 08, 2013

I signed up for dental coverage for the first time this year.  I haven't received anything.  Does anyone know if we are supposed to receive a dental card?  Thanks ...

Blue Tooth Headse
Sep 15, 2010

Does anybody use a blue tooth headset for MTing? Considering trying to use one and wondered how it worked. Thanks, any help is appreciated. ...

Pt With Tooth Abscess ..? Flocculence...sm
Oct 28, 2010

Patient had root canal and is now having swelling, maybe abscess.  For context:  Oropharynx does show swelling and erythema around the lower posterior tooth.  There is some s/l flocculence noted but no purulent drainage.  Thanks. ...

Spike Tooth And Bowie Knife
Feb 05, 2015

i am testing for a surgery account and how should spike tooth and bowie knife be typed.  Caps at all??? ...

Tooth Infection Versus Teeth Infections
Jan 21, 2012

Hello.  Ok, so here is the sentence:  No teeth infection or No tooth infections or No teeth infections or No tooth infection?  When do you use the "s" on infection, with teeth or tooth?  When do I use no "s" after infection, with teeth or tooth.  This is turning into a tongue twister!    Thank you.   ...

Is It Possible To Have A Doctor Dictate Via Blue Tooth In Room
Apr 12, 2015

Can a transcriptionist be in other room typing.  What type of equipment would be needed.   ...

S/l Distal Seas Or Distolces...see More
Jul 02, 2010

...duplex studies that were done on him confirming proximal disease and I think he probably has distal disease and runoff diseaese to go with it.  He is a known diabetic, was a heavy smoker and so I would expect "distalces" to be quite advanced.   This is a very clear-speaking doctor...not foreign, so it could not be "this disease"... ...

Hemiarthroplasty Distal Humerus
Aug 29, 2010

TEXT:  In the meantime we will order from ________ the components necessary to proceed ahead with a hemiarthroplasty of his distal humerus. phonetically sounds like torn-yay - I'm sure it's the name of the company but I don't recognize this one.  Thank you.  ...

Thickening Of The Distal Colon
Feb 14, 2015

I'm working on an audio from a bariatric surgeon.  He's talking about a woman's abdominal CT and he says "...it looked normal.  She did have some (s/l hostule) thickening of the distal colon..." Any help is most certainly appreciated! ...

Distal Esophageal Stricture Which Was *boujied*??? Thanks. Nm
Jan 28, 2010

nm ...

Pt Is Scheduled For A Distal Humeral Osteotomy
Jul 12, 2010

x ...

Full Breath Of The Distal Tendon?/sm
Jun 03, 2011

It appears to extend across the full breath of the distal tendon. Is that correct. ...

She Had A S/l Non Faluting Stenosis In The Distal Circumflex, Marginal. Please SM
Sep 19, 2010

And I need help with this word too, please.  Thank you in advance. She was treated with Mucomyst and s/l sent IV fluids.  Does that make sense? ...

S/l IND Of An Open Distal Phalanx Tuft Fracture
Nov 09, 2010

Working on an orthopaedics dictation for a marblemouth...trying to figure out what "IND" (could be IMB, INB but nothing seems to make sense) of an open distal phalanx tuft fracture... Anyone know the right abbreviation (and the meaning!) for this one?   Thanks - ...

Pt Is S/p ORIF Right Distal Radius With Removal Of Hardware
Nov 12, 2014

and left carpal tunnel release. She is asking for Cad-i-mean cream. Thanks ...

S/l "shark Tooth Deformity"
Feb 24, 2011

Doc is doing an exam of patient's shoulder and says patient has a shark tooth deformity.  It really sounds like "shark tooth," but I'm wondering if this should be Charcot, though in researching it sounds like Charcot affects the lower limbs, not the shoulders. Any help with this would be very much appreciated. ...

Having A Rough Morning. Distal Radius Fracture Question
Dec 22, 2009

We discussed alternative methods of treatment, other than the surgical option, which include but are not limited to, casting s/l "in situ/inside chew", closed reduction, without percutaneous or external fixation.  LOL, that is the best I can hear!  Any help would be greatly appreciated.    ...

Heart Cath: S/l The Distal Vessel Has Luminal __itis
Feb 19, 2010

but no significant stenosis.  He says it several times, but I can't figure it out (new doc, new account, ESL) ...

S/l Ruptured Distal Empoolery, Left Ectopic Pregnancy
Nov 14, 2010

PREOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIS:  Positive pregnancy test with abdominal pain.POSTOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIS:  Ruptured distal  ___________, left ectopic pregnancy with  hemoperitoneum. ...

Oral Surgery - General Surgery
Jan 23, 2015

Stumped here.  :(  Surgeon says:  Two screws fractured at the level of the bone.   They were ____________ and removed in the usual fashion.       The blank sounds like "truffened", "troughened", "truffined"?  Some sort of removal.  I have absolutely no idea.     Thanks in advance.  :)  ...

S/l "subacromial Decompression, Distal Clavicle Excision, And Debridement With RASTING Of A Lab
Dec 31, 2009

It definitely does not sound like grafting and I don't really believe that would be correct anyway.  I thought maybe RAST but I am having no luck with any of my searches.  Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Regarding Dental
Oct 03, 2011

Regarding tooth extraction, I cannot understand if the dictator is saying lidocaine and 1:1000 epi or 1:100,000 epi.  I don't know much about dental surgery.  Would appreciate help from someone who knows which it is. Thank you. ...

GAV And MET Dental Anesthesia?
Apr 08, 2010

Hello...I have a dental procedure under anesthesia....Sounds like she's saying the anesthesia is "G A V and met" - Is GAV and MET correct? ...

Dental Question...
May 04, 2010

I'm new to dental so kind of lost.....doc says "tooth No. 31 facial decay was excuvated and the prep surface was s/l "withdrawn with a glass eye-awn-a-ma".   thanks. ...