A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

rod for femur fracture - liz

Posted: Jan 04, 2010

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a great New Year! 

Lady with posttraumatic chondromalacia patella with previous femur fracture.  "s/l treater rod has been removed."

Thanks!

titanium rod.....nm - maybe

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

cold it be that the 'femur" rod was removed? - wordlady

[ In Reply To ..]
sometimes after a rod is put in for a fracture, they remove it years later.

no, neither one of those.... - liz

[ In Reply To ..]
There is a problem with the audio in a couple of places in this report, and I think that is what is happening here. It is definitely not titanium. Femur could work but I cannot hear it clear enough to use it. Just wanted to make sure this was not a term I was unfamiliar with that fit here. Thanks guys!

Do you hear fluted rod or a steel rod? Usually it is - happynewyear

[ In Reply To ..]
treated with an intramedullary rod, but your s/l word is much shorter.

metal rod.....nm - femur

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Maybe threaded? nm - sigh

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I was going to say threader also - NM - Answers

[ In Reply To ..]
d

Similar Messages:

Help With Dal Rod Or Dowell Rod For Femur Fracture, Can't Find Anything (TIA)
Apr 19, 2010

. ...

Type Of Hip Fracture That S/L Crural Neck Fracture
Dec 31, 2011

Doctor is dictating for a 90-year-old who sustained a hip fracture in a fall. Then, under assessment, it sounds like he says "Left crural neck fracture." I could assume he means femoral neck, as I never heard of crural neck. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance. ...

Fibula Fracture Or Fibular Fracture
Jun 24, 2010

which is corect, per AAMT BOS? ...

Grade 1 Or I For Femur Changes
Aug 01, 2013

Is it Arabic or Roman numerals? ...

X-rays Of Pelvis And Femur
Apr 15, 2012

There is no evidence of loosening of the hardware although on one AP, there does appear to be increased lucency about the fracture site, which could be attributed to s/l moth effect.  ...

Ortho Or Rad Word S/l Juxiritic Femur
Mar 27, 2012

on a knee x-ray she has no fracture.  She has extensive sclerosis, s/l "juxiritic" femur?  Any idea?  Thank you in advance.  ...

Pt Scheduled For Repeat ORIF Left Femur - Please Sm
Apr 12, 2010

Patient is now scheduled for repeat ORIF with replacement of femoral rod and tibial strut bone grafting with application of s/l dull-miles cables.  Thanks! ...

Radiology Help: Pelvis X-ray Shows Some Abnormality (s/l Lie)_____ Of Femur
Jul 28, 2013

Thanks ...

Femur And Pelvis X-rays - Minimal Spurring Of The Acetabulum And Questionable Fragmentation Of The S
Nov 04, 2009

x ...

Tibia/fibular Shaft Fracture Or Tibial And Fibular Shaft Fracture
Jun 10, 2011

paranoid about nitpicking my work... I find it both ways when I search   ...

"Nex" Jig To Size The Distal Femur
May 12, 2012

Everyone is using Nex jig (and I think we were told it was that by Editing), but I can find no mention of it anywhere on the net.  Does anyone else use this?  (orthopedic knee surgery)  It sounds good, but why is there NOTHING about it on the net?   Example:  A shovel retractor was then positioned, and the Nex jig was used to cut for a size G high-thigh femoral component... ...

SLR II Fracture?
Jun 26, 2012

Has anyone heard of s/l SLR 2/II type fracture of the ankle? I cannot research this anywhere. Is this an abbreviation for Salter-Harris perhaps? ...

Fracture Help
Feb 26, 2013

Surgery on a humerus fracture. We then placed a distal screw in compression mode realigning the fracture and abutting the s/l CORD-A-SEAS of the fracture laterally. ...

Tufts Fracture?
Nov 03, 2009

I can find very little on this.  The pt apparently has a s/l "tufts" fracture.  Can anyone confirm this, and if so, is it an acronym for something or named after someone?  Thanks for any info.  Not much is coming up with Google. ...

S/l Collage Fracture
Jan 23, 2010

The patient fell today sustaining a s/l collage fracture of her right distal radius. tia. ...

S/l Akole Fracture
Jan 29, 2010

Impression:  Contusion of the right elbow, rule out s/l akole fracture. tia. ...

Ortho Help Hip Fracture
Feb 12, 2010

He's eating and mumbling at the same time, my two favorite bad habits.... Sounds like he is saying  - I'm spelling phonetically here.... Bazed ri-ko-lar (long I on the ri) high intertrochanteric fracture.  He says this twice - the second time he is throws in "instrumented (bazed ri-ko-lar) high intertrochanteric fracture" Thanks for your help and your time!  I appreciate it. ME =0)     ...

Nasal Fracture Op
Feb 12, 2010

The nose was further decongested and anesthetized utilizing 10% cocaine pledgets, followed by injections, some _____, some_____...... or maybe submucousally, subperiossively. I know, I'm a new student trying hard to get this.  Let me know if I need to attach a sound file. ...

Nasal Fracture
Oct 13, 2010

can someone tell me what a "3 4" rasp is?  3,4 or 3-4, or 3/4.  the whole sentence is The bony spicule over the dorsum was reduced via a Rubin osteotome and file ___ rasp Thanks ...

Both Bones Fracture
Oct 14, 2010

Is there a hypen between both and bones? ...

S/l Sawter Two Fracture
Oct 17, 2010

Fracture, wrist (sawter two fracture, left distal radius). ...

Fracture Type
Oct 26, 2010

She has 100% displaced fracture, s/l convelor type. ...

Segond Fracture
Jan 11, 2011

Segond fracture:  This was a new one for me today and thought I'd share.  See Wikipedia link below for more, but basically it's named after a French doctor (Paul Segond) from 1879.  It's a "type of avulsion fracture (soft tissue structures tearing off bits of their bony attachment) of the lateral tibial condyle of the knee, immediately beyond the surface which articulates with the femur." --Wikipedia.  My case involved a skiing injury where the binding did ...

Chaput Fracture
Mar 14, 2011

How is "Chaput" pronounced? ...

Fracture Deformity
Apr 06, 2011

Patient has a distal one-third radial shaft fracture.  Dr. says... at that time, if she continues to undergo a s/l K-type deformity, surgical intervention may be necessary. Thank you in advance... ...

Gaeazzi Fracture
Apr 19, 2011

Good evening everyone.  So, this patient had a galeazzi fracture of the forearm.  The doctor says about his film study:  "On the lateral film I think there is a little angius in the distal fragment, a lot of segment comminution."  Now on the tape it sounded like segmentminution, so i'm wondering if angius is two words also?  This may help also:  "comminuted fracture through the diaphyseal portion of the distal radius", and "Galeazzi fracture with some disruptio ...

Falter Fracture
May 12, 2011

Falter fracture dislocation of the distal physis.   Falter fracture dislocation... Is this correct??   Thanks for all your help :) ...

Type Of Fracture
Jan 26, 2012

Patient is sent in to ER after a fall.  She has had an x-ray that came back negative, but still complains of severe pain in left hip.  She may have an s/l au cole/awk hole fracture. Stuck on what type of fracture she is dictating. ...

Ring Of One Fracture
May 26, 2012

Anyone heard of ring of one? fracture. ...

S/l P-line Fracture
Jun 05, 2012

Doctor says what sounds like p-line fracture and doesn't specify much further other than "status post ORIF of left *s/l p-line fracture*" and I'm not confident whether he means pilon fracture. If anyone can confirm this or have other insight, I will appreciate it. Thanks! ...