A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How to type a blood test finding - Diana

Posted: Mar 10, 2010

My doctor is talking about the ALT being slightly elevated.  He says: "Less than two one one half time normal level."  Can anybody let me know how I should type this?

think he's saying... - elaine

[ In Reply To ..]
"Less than two and one-half times normal level." That's how I would type it, too.

Thanks, elaine - Diana

[ In Reply To ..]
That sounds right! Many thanks!

Similar Messages:

DOH/DLH Blood Test
Aug 31, 2010

Doc says patient needs a s/l DOH or DLH blood test. Anyone? Thanks! ...

Blood Test
Aug 31, 2011

We agreed to have a s/l v8y and B12 checked on her blood work today in addition to her other blood work. Need help with above term. Thanks ...

S/l Glucide Blood Test
Feb 28, 2012

hello, please help me out here if you can! i have a client who uses english as a second language, therefore making this difficult to understand.  while screening for hepatitis, he appears to say, "glucide blood test." is it possible this would be "glucose/blood test" ? thnx! ...

Slang In Blood Test Results.
Nov 28, 2009

I am sort of a newbie and have been doing clinic work for a couple different specialties for about a year now.  I am trying to help out with oncology over the weekend.  I know this is a probably a stupid question, but should I leave this like this or replace the slang with the full terms?  Thanks.  Differential includes 69 segs, 1 band, 20 lymphs, 8 monos, 1 eo, 1 meta.  ...

PTHFA? PTHSA? Hyperparathyroidism Blood Test.
Jun 08, 2010

x ...

Blood Type/group
Feb 19, 2014

Could anyone tell me how to type out the following sentence: "The patient's blood type was O Rh negative."  It's the blood type portion that I can't find any information on.  I can find information on O negative and that you don't use the minus sign; and on Rh in that you don't type out Rhesus, but how do you type it when it's spoken together? ...

I Have Not Typed Blood Test S/l NCR Reactor Or Reactive Protein
Jan 25, 2010

I have recommended a complete blood count, sedimentation rate, and s/l NCR reactor or reactive protein to determine whether this might be some persistent low-grade infection.  TIA. ...

Type Of Test - Fit, Fits, Pit, Cyst?
Jul 26, 2013

2nd report I've had with this word.  Sounds like Fitz test.  The first report preop was Positive ____ test.  Postop was Barrett's esophagus and he was having an EGD.  This report he says it again, but this time is for a colonoscopy. Anyone have any ideas. Thanks, ...

Hematogenous Blood Or Hematomatous Blood?
Sep 14, 2012

Sounds like doc says he aspirated hematogenous blood or hematomatous blood. Any ideas? ...

How To Type A Test Question Inside A Sentance. Prostate Cancer Pt.
Jan 20, 2011

He scores 10 out of 25 points on the SHIM components of the International Index of Erectile Function, but all 10 points are for "when you attempted sexual intercourse, how often was it satisfactory to you," he gave himself 5 points there.  Otherwise, he is not able to have sexual activity. ...

ESL And ?new Stress Type. S/l Notambaki Stress Test. Nm
Jul 14, 2014

x ...

Test S/l Mal-blees Test - Left Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis
Jan 18, 2012

x ...

Is Anyone Here An RHIT? Wondering How Difficult The Test Is Compared To CCS Test
Jul 10, 2012

nm ...

Gyno Test - S/l Wisp Test? I Think I'm Spent!
Jan 05, 2010

.. ...

Ekg Finding
Nov 22, 2009

EkG shows subacute S/L semi versus pericarditis. ...

Help Finding Gel Name
Apr 25, 2010

This is for a 7-yo with a chin laceration. Wound was anesthetized with s/l "lead" gel. Or could be bled gel, black gel-not clear at all.   Can anyone help here? ...

Finding A Job
Aug 11, 2010

I am getting ready to graduate from Penn Foster in the Medical Transcription program. I was real exited about this at first, but I am hearing that it is not easy to find a job. Does anyone know of a transcription company that hires newbies?                                                                      Jenny ...

Blood Culture
Apr 29, 2012

Dr. dictates:  "The px has possible osteomyelitis and is being treated by IV antibiotics, nightly medicine, and s/l gerdins or veardins grow from one blood culture."  If you need any more, let me know.  Pleeeeease help!  Thanx so much! ...

Blood Sugar
Jun 12, 2012

His blood sugar for s/l tos-a-mean levels were normal as was his hemoglobin A1c of 5.4%.  Thanks for any help.  ...

Finding Own Clients PLEASE HELP
Oct 21, 2009

Hi Everyone, Right now the company I work for hardly has any work.  I am thinking about sending out a letter to local clinics and also maybe putting out an ad on craigslist for transcription work.  Have you tried this?  I have questions:   What things do I have to consider? How do I charge people (I know I can do line count in INstantText and figure out line count and cost)-is 10 CPL a good place to start?  Are there other costs I need to factor in?  How about tax ...

Finding PA/PAC Names!
Oct 28, 2009

For those "low-talkers" who won't spell the PA/PACs name, combined with my endless list of names, does anyone know the easiest way to just do a generic search for all of them? It's exhausting! Thanks, y'all! ...

Finding Another Job Vent
Oct 31, 2009

I need to find a new job.  The company I'm working for is replacing med transcriptionists with voice recognition and electronic health records.  This is not the first time this has happened either, . . it happened at another hospital I worked for.  The company's response was "you can go work for the service."  Yeah, right, at half the pay.  After working at a good in-house hospital job for nine years, I realize how home MTs are so mistreated.  And, ...

Still Having Trouble Finding This
Jan 30, 2010

I have asked this before and got an answer but do not see what was suggested I would be able to see.  After I have requested a day off in schedule source, if I go into the "days off" page, where is the approval?  I see a yellow box that says "request" but do not see anything about the answer to the request.  I also checked my calendar - is there something on the calendar about it?  Last time I made a request I found out at the last minute I did indeed have it off, but had not ...

New MT Finding Position
Jul 01, 2010

I am a current student at the MSU of Technology.  I am currently looking for a position in Medical Transcription or Medical Billing.  I am very fustrated.  PLEASE HELP!! ...

Finding Experience
Sep 20, 2010

Why is it so difficult to find a job in the MT field?  There are many more quality jobs for MT's that have 2+ years of experience.  Can I use my schooling as experience? How do I find a job as a graduate with an Associate Degree?   SB ...

Need Help Finding Pay Schedule Please
Oct 05, 2010

I lost pay schedule for the year in the e-mail purge. Can someone please help me? ...

Finding A Position?
Jan 18, 2011

I graduated from a medical transcription course last April.  I still haven't found a position. I have tried everything!  I have sent out resumes, flyers, letters to Dr. offices. I have applied at several of the companies online, and everyone wants experienced MT's, taking a course isn't enough!  Any ideas?  ...

Finding A Job For A Newbie...
Apr 22, 2011

Hi, Does anyone have advice for a "newbie" transcriptionist finding work?  It seems all the job ads want minimum 2 years experience.  I've just completed a medical transcription course and would appreciate any advise on finding work.  Thanks! Happy Easter!   ...

Finding A Job As A New Coder
Sep 30, 2011

I am an MT considering going to school for coding.  I have been reading the message boards of the coding professional organization and found it to be full of comments from new certified coders who can't find jobs without experience, and some have been looking for over a year.  I am leaving the MT field after only 6 years due to salaries going into the tank with SR.  I think coding would be a good fit for me, but hate to spend thousands of dollars and a year of school time on ...

Finding It Hard To
Jan 17, 2012

sit at a keyboard for 8 hrs a day everyday.  Guess I'm just getting old.  Wish I could find part-time work.  Does anyone know of any good companies that will allow part-time (20-25 hrs)? Doesn't seem to be very many out there.  TIA. ...