A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

DOH/DLH blood test - MTLady

Posted: Aug 31, 2010

Doc says patient needs a s/l DOH or DLH blood test. Anyone? Thanks!

Maybe ETOH...blood alcohol ?? nm - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
`

blood test sm - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Is it possible you have a dyslexic doc and they are trying to say LDH? (cholesterol test) and are just mixing up their letters?

Wondered the same thing! - MTLady

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm pretty sure you're right, but I left it blank. I hate blanks but hate guessing even more.

Similar Messages:

Blood Test
Aug 31, 2011

We agreed to have a s/l v8y and B12 checked on her blood work today in addition to her other blood work. Need help with above term. Thanks ...

S/l Glucide Blood Test
Feb 28, 2012

hello, please help me out here if you can! i have a client who uses english as a second language, therefore making this difficult to understand.  while screening for hepatitis, he appears to say, "glucide blood test." is it possible this would be "glucose/blood test" ? thnx! ...

Slang In Blood Test Results.
Nov 28, 2009

I am sort of a newbie and have been doing clinic work for a couple different specialties for about a year now.  I am trying to help out with oncology over the weekend.  I know this is a probably a stupid question, but should I leave this like this or replace the slang with the full terms?  Thanks.  Differential includes 69 segs, 1 band, 20 lymphs, 8 monos, 1 eo, 1 meta.  ...

How To Type A Blood Test Finding
Mar 10, 2010

My doctor is talking about the ALT being slightly elevated.  He says: "Less than two one one half time normal level."  Can anybody let me know how I should type this? ...

PTHFA? PTHSA? Hyperparathyroidism Blood Test.
Jun 08, 2010

x ...

I Have Not Typed Blood Test S/l NCR Reactor Or Reactive Protein
Jan 25, 2010

I have recommended a complete blood count, sedimentation rate, and s/l NCR reactor or reactive protein to determine whether this might be some persistent low-grade infection.  TIA. ...

Hematogenous Blood Or Hematomatous Blood?
Sep 14, 2012

Sounds like doc says he aspirated hematogenous blood or hematomatous blood. Any ideas? ...

Test S/l Mal-blees Test - Left Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis
Jan 18, 2012

x ...

Is Anyone Here An RHIT? Wondering How Difficult The Test Is Compared To CCS Test
Jul 10, 2012

nm ...

Gyno Test - S/l Wisp Test? I Think I'm Spent!
Jan 05, 2010

.. ...

Blood Culture
Apr 29, 2012

Dr. dictates:  "The px has possible osteomyelitis and is being treated by IV antibiotics, nightly medicine, and s/l gerdins or veardins grow from one blood culture."  If you need any more, let me know.  Pleeeeease help!  Thanx so much! ...

Blood Sugar
Jun 12, 2012

His blood sugar for s/l tos-a-mean levels were normal as was his hemoglobin A1c of 5.4%.  Thanks for any help.  ...

Blood Work Revealed DON 27?
Jan 13, 2010

No idea.  Next is something 1.9, hemoglobin 11.8.  Any help would be great. ...

Is Blood Work One Or Two Words?
Jan 30, 2010

is blood work one or two words? I know...dumb question. I am new ...

Blood Work - Few Lu Present
Feb 22, 2010

In the blood work, he says there were a few Lu (Lew?) present as well as spherocytes.    TIA!   ...

Blood Glucose Measured...
May 14, 2010

I'm having trouble with this word..."Blood glucose measured post(s/l preendly) 100 mg/dL.  I have no idea what he's saying here.  Also, I've never transcribed dL before.  That is how it was online...is this correct?  ...

S/l Plidasoid Blood Pressure
Jun 04, 2010

patient had tightness in chest.  Dr. states "At that time, his s/l plidasoid blood pressure was 103."  ...

Blood Pressure Clearly Dictated Of 106/21?
Jul 13, 2010

Patient with a blood pressure clearly dictated of 106/21?  Might have to leave blank. ...

Reversal (vacunin) With FFP And Blood???
Jun 19, 2011

Sounds like vacunin?? Reversal ___ with FFP and blood?? ...

Talking About Blood Cells S/l Rue Low...
Oct 26, 2010

s/l rue low...then goes on with platelet count ...

3 Values For Blood Pressure?
Dec 29, 2010

Is this something new I haven't heard of before, or just a misspeak? ...

D15 Heart Blood Vessel
Feb 01, 2011

compromise of D15 branch heart cath report,   any idea about this,  thank you in advance ...

Patient Has Blood Blister And
Mar 20, 2011

the doctor says "There was no skin to pull back as it had been accordioned together into an (s/l) ischemic mass" I am at a loss here! Help please.  TIA ...

Arterial Blood Gas Question
May 19, 2011

The infant was electively intubated with the 4.0 endotracheal tube and placed on initial ventilatory settings of 100%, pressure 24/4, and rate of 60 with the first arterial blood gas returning at 7.44 per 35 per 491, base deficit 0.3. Not certain how to type the highlighted portion of this sentence. I am a student. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance. ...

Blood Alcohol Level Of 63.
May 25, 2011

Is this correct? He says the patient had 2 beers and had a blood alcohol level of 63. I'm not too familiar with blood alcohol levels, but that does not sound right to me. Even if it was 0.63, wouldn't that be too high for 2 beers? Am I missing something here? TIA! ...

Donating Blood Vaginally?
Jul 23, 2011

This dictator states the patient donated blood ??vaginally??  Have any of you heard of that.  Thanks in advance for your input. ...

Nucleated Red Blood Cells
Jan 08, 2012

Doc dictates "nucleated red blood cells with 0.5 thousand per cubic millimeter."  How do you transcibe? Thanks! ...

Odd Blood Pressure Sentence?
Jun 26, 2012

Has anyone ever heard that a patient's "blood pressure is several years old."?  This patient is in for hypertension and the doctor is talking about her varying higher level blood pressures and he ends the subjective paragraph with the above sentence.  I've listened several times and that is what he is saying.  Does this make sense? Thanks so much! ...

Just Makes My Blood Boil
Jan 04, 2013

This is from MModal:  ** We celebrated our brand launch day in India as well. 17 centers. 115 images. Over 5500 employees celebrated**  I'm sorry - but I'm sick to death of hearing about the national debt and raising taxes on everyone. If our government would do something about these big corporations taking our jobs and sending them to India....I mean, I'm no rocket scientist - but those 5500 jobs that were taken away from the US also just took away 5500 jobs of ...

Blood Type/group
Feb 19, 2014

Could anyone tell me how to type out the following sentence: "The patient's blood type was O Rh negative."  It's the blood type portion that I can't find any information on.  I can find information on O negative and that you don't use the minus sign; and on Rh in that you don't type out Rhesus, but how do you type it when it's spoken together? ...