A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I have not typed blood test s/l NCR reactor or reactive protein - tired out mt

Posted: Jan 25, 2010

I have recommended a complete blood count, sedimentation rate, and s/l NCR reactor or reactive protein to determine whether this might be some persistent low-grade infection.  TIA.

could it be..... - rms

[ In Reply To ..]
C-reactive protein?

not sure, I keep hearing NCR before it. - tired out mt

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for helping.

redundancy...NCR=non-cross reactor sm - flybye

[ In Reply To ..]
"NCR reactor" is redundant, but we give them what they say, right? =)
do I have it correct now? sm. - tired out mt
[ In Reply To ..]
this is new to me..thanks so much.

I have recommended a complete blood count, sedimentation rate, and non-cross reactor protein to determine whether this might be some persistent low-grade infection.
NCR and reactive protein are 2 different tests sm... - flybye
[ In Reply To ..]
Here's what I'd give them: "I have recommended a complete blood count, sedimentation rate, and NCR reactor or reactive protein to determine whether this might be some persistent low-grade infection." (redundant but verbatim)

If you have to expand abbreviations, then I would give them: "...rate, and non-cross reactor or reactive protein to determine..."
thank you so much flybye :-) - tired out mt
[ In Reply To ..]
very confusing if you have not typed blood tests. :-)

Similar Messages:

Urinalysis:  Blood Positive, Protein Positive
Jun 02, 2010

Urinalysis:  Blood positive, protein positive, 30-40 dublisees(???) 80-99 rbusees ...

DOH/DLH Blood Test
Aug 31, 2010

Doc says patient needs a s/l DOH or DLH blood test. Anyone? Thanks! ...

Blood Test
Aug 31, 2011

We agreed to have a s/l v8y and B12 checked on her blood work today in addition to her other blood work. Need help with above term. Thanks ...

S/l Glucide Blood Test
Feb 28, 2012

hello, please help me out here if you can! i have a client who uses english as a second language, therefore making this difficult to understand.  while screening for hepatitis, he appears to say, "glucide blood test." is it possible this would be "glucose/blood test" ? thnx! ...

Slang In Blood Test Results.
Nov 28, 2009

I am sort of a newbie and have been doing clinic work for a couple different specialties for about a year now.  I am trying to help out with oncology over the weekend.  I know this is a probably a stupid question, but should I leave this like this or replace the slang with the full terms?  Thanks.  Differential includes 69 segs, 1 band, 20 lymphs, 8 monos, 1 eo, 1 meta.  ...

How To Type A Blood Test Finding
Mar 10, 2010

My doctor is talking about the ALT being slightly elevated.  He says: "Less than two one one half time normal level."  Can anybody let me know how I should type this? ...

PTHFA? PTHSA? Hyperparathyroidism Blood Test.
Jun 08, 2010

x ...

Hematogenous Blood Or Hematomatous Blood?
Sep 14, 2012

Sounds like doc says he aspirated hematogenous blood or hematomatous blood. Any ideas? ...

Bence Jones Protein
Sep 01, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of the Bence Jones protein?  She dictates something that sounds like "capatype" after reporting the positive Bence Jones protein result.  I can't find it anywhere. ...

Eye Exam Reactive To Light With S/l "knee Line" That Is Normal
Jul 15, 2010

Doctor is dictating pupils are equal and reactive to light with s/l "knee line" that is normal.  Any clues?  ...

Protein Electrophoresis-elevated Capa?
Mar 17, 2010

Can someone tell me if it is elevated CAPA or cAPA- what is the proper designation?  ...

Urine Bence-Jones Protein
Jan 17, 2011

Is urine Bence-Jones protein hyphenated? ...

Help! Nephrology Report: UA Shows S/l 100 "mg Percent" Protein? Not Sure About This. Nm
Dec 08, 2010

.. ...

How To Type "FIGF Binding Protein 3" In Lab List.
Jul 15, 2012

? ...

How Should This Be Typed
Feb 23, 2010

1-1/2 inch or 1.5 inch Had a doctor say 1.5 inch needle and I was taught that it should be 1-1/2 inch needle. Thanks ...

How Is This Typed?
Aug 14, 2010

Is it 36 weeks and 1 day gestation or 36 weeks 1 day gestation?  Thanx ...

Typed By An ILP
Feb 03, 2012

Typed (not ASR):  CAT scan of the cervical area done on the genitalia first.  Dictated:  CAT scan of the cervical area done on January 31. This person isn't even on 100% QA.  You get what you pay for.   ...

6MP Protonix - Typed Right??
Nov 07, 2009

I'm just not sure.  thanks for any help! ...

No Pay For Lines Typed
Dec 04, 2013

No pay for lines typed (1400 to be exact).  Manager and supervisor won't address issue.  Have no contact with HR or Payroll as they will not respond to e-mails or phone calls.  Should I contact the labor board to get paid? ...

Wow, I Typed 1 Whole Report...
Nov 27, 2014

x ...

I Cant Seem To Get Into See My Lines Typed. Nm
Dec 09, 2014

nm ...

Test S/l Mal-blees Test - Left Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis
Jan 18, 2012

x ...

Is Anyone Here An RHIT? Wondering How Difficult The Test Is Compared To CCS Test
Jul 10, 2012

nm ...

Typed As Dicated, I Can't Seem To Break It Up
Feb 08, 2010

She has had bilateral tremors dating back at least a year and a half, when we first saw her in July, and noted a long history of anxiety and Geodon use, the latter starting about 3 months before the tremor, and at the time noticed on exam a 4-extremity tremor, worse right greater than left, a mixed rest and action, with marked rigidity right greater than left, upright gait with some posture instability and a masked facies with a decreased blink rate and a po ...

Sentence Help? This Is Typed As Dictated
Feb 15, 2010

41-year-old woman with recurrent spells associated with headaches, long-term video EEG monitoring suggests these are nonepileptic seizures, and a patient with a history of depression and suffered a poor history of childhood abuse.     this sentence seems all wrong, yet I try to break it up and to me what I type looks wrong as well.  ...

Sentence Help?? Typed As Dictated.
Feb 18, 2010

Unfortunately, MRI does show the possibility of discogenic source of pain, but also epidural fibrosis. The latter is worrisome given source of pain below her legs.   this does not look right at all to me. maybe " MRI does show the possibility of a discogenic source of pain and also epidural fibrosis"  ? ...

I Typed For 13 Different Facilities Today.
Apr 20, 2010

Some of them were "sibling" facilities in a group, but all different specialties with different docs and their own CP's.  This is a regular day of typing for me.  Isn't that the pits? And I wonder why I can't type with any speed or confidence anymore?  I check and double check and listen and re-listen.  Long days.  ...

Yep, Counted Them. Typed For 9 Different Facilities.
Jun 28, 2010

They are all my "regulars."  Nothing new.  I don't even think I have a primary account any more; seems to be just first in-first out or something.    ...

Job Typed, But Not On Statistics Detail Log Which
Jun 28, 2010

means I typed a job, but someone else got the credit for it.  Im new to MQ and I dont know what I did to have this happen.  I sure dont want it to happen again.  Has this happened to anyone else?  When IT researched the jobs it said it had been "discarded." ...

Just Had A Doc, Total Stranger, Never Typed Before,
Mar 18, 2011

I had a great weekend.  It was so nice.  Takes so little to make me a happy camper anymore. ...