A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is 4th of July a time and a half holiday? - anon

Posted: Jul 03, 2013

Just wondering

Not sure - But...

[ In Reply To ..]
...last I heard, if it is a holiday, it's line and a half, not time and a half. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about this.

yes I believe it is - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes I believe it is; I've worked a lot of them in the past and always got time and a half. Happy 4th!

So, they are back to - Time and a half,not line and a half?-nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xxx

Yes, but you will most likely have NJA. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
Nm

NJA - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I intentionally DIDN'T request PTO for the 4th hoping to get NJA instead and not have to use up my PTO.

Plus Friday will be low. . . - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Most clinics will be closed on Friday.

In my state, NJA only pays for 15 minutes. PTO is the wiser choice if you have it rather than no pay.
NJA - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
My state is 15 minutes as well but I've found in the past that a few hours of NJA per pay period really doesn't make a HUGE difference and as long as they don't force me to use my PTO I'd rather save it for something fun!

Our TSM - told everyone

[ In Reply To ..]
they should "flex" and work the weekend before the 4th, anticipating no work. I work weekends, so that pretty much left me without any work on Sunday either. Looks like there is hardly going to be any work all week either. Guess the hospitals have pretty much shut down for the summer. If I could hate MModal or MT job any more, I think my head would explode.

Similar Messages:

Holiday Pay...isn't Time And A Half Or Is It? Sm
Dec 03, 2014

Please explain someone. I am not getting time and a half from their calculations. By law it has to be. From my calculations and comparing to the old method, it is not time and a half. I'm very concerned with this. ...

Is Veterans Day A Holiday We Get Time-and-a-half For?
Nov 11, 2010

I can never find anything on MQ Central!  Thanks. ...

Is July 4th A Paid Holiday Nm
Jun 30, 2011

aa ...

Is 4th Of July A Day Off (holiday) For MTs? I Cannot Find It
Jun 28, 2012

New here.  Cannot find list of holidays on the intranet.  What is the policy for fourth of July?  Thanks in advance. ...

Time And A Half Or Line And A Half Tomorrow
Jul 03, 2013

x ...

New Years Day Time And A Half Pay?
Jan 01, 2015

is today time and a half pay?  holiday pay? ...

Do We Get Paid Time And A Half Today?
Jul 04, 2012

Can't remember ...

Re CCM Approval For Holiday Time Off...smg
Nov 19, 2010

I read somewhere eons ago that approval (can't find it now) does not have to be given more than 7 days ahead.  So, for Turkey Day, approval should have been given by yesteray.  Approval for Xmas should be given by 12/18. ...

Policy For Part-time And Holiday?
Nov 21, 2012

Is there any policy for part-time people?   I don't get any benefits, so I'm wondering if I have to work holidays?  Never thought to ask.  ...

Where Can I Find The Policy About Holiday Time Off?
Oct 22, 2014

x ...

How To You Transcribe This: Half 1% Lidocaine And Half Percent Marcaine.
Apr 22, 2010

x ...

How Would You Type "half And Half 1% Lidocaine"
Oct 15, 2013

July 4th
Jul 03, 2010

Can anyone tell me if July 4th is a holiday and Q with 'extra' $ for working ...

4th Of July
Jun 02, 2010

Does anyone have off on Monday July 5th since the 4th is on Sunday?  ...

How Does Ahdi Want July 4th?
Aug 30, 2010

When a Dr is dictating about "July 4th" is it correct to say July 4th? or should it be transcribed as July Fourth? ...

4th Of July Premium Pay
Jul 08, 2012

Did anyone receive holiday premium pay from Transcend side for 4th of July?  I did not receive any holiday bonus for working 8 hours that day. ...

Retiring In July!!!!!
Apr 29, 2013

Taking a 25% cut in social security from my husband and semi-retiring in July.  Will be making almost as much off social security as I am now making at MModal.  Going to work at my part time job until I turn 65.  I can still earn 1260 a month without losing any social security.  Yeah!!!!!  If I did not have credit card bills to pay I would not have to work at all but I am not sure I would like not working.  ...

Bonus On July 31
Jul 17, 2013

Be interesting to see if I qualify for this.  I got one last time, but it seems like every one of my reports is being audited and they are marking off for such stupid stuff and 0.25 adds up after awhile.  Everything from invalid blanks to "failure to flag"  Something has definitely changed over the last few weeks, never has it been like this before.  I have always had 99 to 100% but I can't seem to even get to 98% now what with all their mark offs.  So stupid. ...

Bonuses For July?
Jul 08, 2014

Does anyone know when the bonus checks go out for the 99.5% April-June period?  I never had one before so never paid attention lol ...

CAPD Starting In July
Jun 25, 2014

Read your email.  I hope you all realize what this means.  ...

Please Add July And August Tabs To The Other Boards
Aug 07, 2014

... ...

3rd Paycheck In July - Health Insurance Premium
Jul 25, 2011

Friday will be our third paycheck of the month.  They should not take out insurance premium.  Does anyone know for sure??? ...

HCPCS 2014 Brings Two New Codes For Pain Management Effective July 1
Aug 12, 2014

The latest HCPCS code update that went into effect on July 1, 2014 is important for pain management practitioners and coders since it modifies the way you report some morphine and propofol administrations. Read more.. ...

0.5 Of 1% (or) One-half Of 1%.
Jun 10, 2011

Which is correct?   Thank you! ...

Pay Cut In Half?
Aug 26, 2013

With Fluency my pay will be cut in half - 4 cents now instead of 8 cents.......am scared to death. ...

1/2 Pin Or Half Pin??
Feb 20, 2015

A 2.7 mm ___ pin was placed in bicortical fashion. ...

Been Here Half A Year
Aug 18, 2011

Ive never not given a notice, but I interviewed today and might get the job. You all know the deal, I just can't afford to work here and they want to fill the position Im trying for immediately.  Do you think after only 6 months, I have to give them a notice?  If so, how much of one?  It feels so wrong to just up and quit, but I can't pay my bills!  Another 2 weeks, or even one just puts me further in the whole.  I made more on unemployment! ...

1 Little Job In Half An Hour
Jan 24, 2013

13 jobs in 2 days. Love it!  Make sure to put it in Remedy though so they can keep track and work later hours when jobs are there. Sorry, that's not an option for me.  ...

Anyone Want My Rad Work...i'll Pay U Half
Jan 28, 2013

Im loaded with work, over 400 jobs on the system and i just dont feel like doing it.  How's that....sell off my work hahaha, act like MModal and let someone else do it for "half".      ...

And I Get Paid Half For This?
Sep 11, 2013

Dictated: and if he does okay, will send him home. ASR: he had a dislocation of the long pants array. So close ASR, so close!! American doctor, no accent, clear as day. But thanks for trying If it was an occasional thing, I could understand but seems to be getting worse rather then better. ...