A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Goal is to hopefully "affect" or "effect:" a cure. - Stumped

Posted: Apr 14, 2011

:)

in this case affect - CardioMT

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Actually, effect is correct here. - LK

[ In Reply To ..]
Used as a verb, effect means create or produce.

verb: act so as to bring into existence ("Effect a change")
â–¸ verb: produce

yes, effect - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

my bad - CardioMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Checked out Grammar Girl...you are right...... the English language can make you CRAZED... thanks for the correction.

Similar Messages:

To Affect Or To Effect, As In To Effect Change, I Have Seen Both. Nm
May 18, 2011

xxx ...

Effect Or Affect?
Nov 11, 2009

1) The patient will be given medication to effect bowel movement prior to discharge today.   OR--   2) The patient will be given medication to affect bowel movement prior to discharge today. ...

Affect Vs Effect ?
Nov 24, 2009

Just finishing up the night shift and want to go to bed and let the Sudafed take me away.  I'm thinking it's affect (the noun), but just want some input to be sure (overtired paranoia setting in).  Of course, this is the last note of the night too.  If I weren't tired, I know I wouldn't be doubting myself.  I have given her a note to that affect. - or - I have given her a note to that effect. Thanks! ...

Affect/Effect
Jun 10, 2010

The doc I work for frequently says "and he will increase the dosage until he experiences exessive side effects or good affect." I know the first "side effects" is correct, but I believe the later he means "good effect" and he just says it incorrectly, but I question myself each time. Is there anyone who can clarify this for me? I am most appreciative! ...

Affect And Effect
Oct 08, 2010

Significant artifact affecting the resting phase of the study. Is this correct or should it be effecting?  This is not a test. It is an actual report I am doing this morning.  My mind is shot. ...

Affect Or Effect
Apr 05, 2011

Is there an easy way to know if you should use affect or effect? ...

Affect Vs. Effect
Feb 11, 2012

I have been an MT for years and years and years (not telling my age haha) but I still to this day have the hardest time with affect versus effect...anyone have any genious tips on which to use when would be greatly appreciated??? For instance:  It is hard to determine what affect/effect the medication will have or how it will affect/effect the patient's outcome. The only one I am really positive about is when it has to do with the patient's affect. Thanks you are all the best ...

Effect Verses Affect
May 24, 2010

"no mass affect was noted."  Is it affect or effect?  ...

Mass Effect Or Affect? Nm
Aug 14, 2012

Affect/Effect Drives Me Bonkers...anyone Have A
Apr 06, 2010

nm ...

MQers: Your 99% QA Goal Is Designed To Prune The Workforce. (sm)
May 21, 2011

It is a targeted approach to culling the workforce.  Through attrition, they are cutting their workforce needs.  Only those with the skill set they WANT will survive.  This approach is very effective. They can change the standards/requriements at any given time and then let you go without recourse for not meeting those. CBay is taking more and more work offshore.  The need for US MTs is less and less.  They will eventually have only a literal handful of US MTs left. ...

Has Anyone Heard Of S/l See-cure Mesh For Hernias?
Jun 10, 2011

but this is my 2nd report today with this and both times they have been saying wihat sounds like See-cure or Ce-cure.  I am not able to document this.  All help greatly appreciated in advance!   ...

The Total "s/l Cure" Restoration Was 132 Milliseconds
Mar 30, 2010

...on an electrocardiogram...tia ...

S/L Jurger's Effect
Jun 05, 2012

Need HELP!!!   He is saying The only thing to consider would be tensioning the tendon with a repeat surgery, however, this may lead to decreased flexion and S/L Jurger's effect ...

If Our New Insurance Goes Into Effect 7/1, Is There
Jun 22, 2012

any sort of waiting period after that, or can we start using it that very week? I would like to go get an overdue mammogram since this is the first time I've had insurance in a few years. ...

Affect And ?? Appear Appropriate
Jul 22, 2010

"Gait and coordination are intact.  Affect and ----- appear appropriate."  Almost sounds like "episode."  Part of a regular physical examination. You can tell I've been stuck on Ortho for a year, because I've forgotten how to do physical examinations.  Ugh. ...

Since The First Time Right Went Into Effect, I Am Proud
Mar 05, 2010

to say that none of my reports have been submitted to QA.  I am amazed at how quickly I became multilingual.  Thanks MQ.  ...

S/l Sylatory Or Syatory Effect
Dec 02, 2010

Doctor states:        In this setting, she appropriately said that she is not certain whether the midodrine, which she has recently begun, has had a x/l sylatory or siatory effect.  Any help is appreciated.  The patient has severe orthostatic hypotension if that helps and this doc is a cardiologist. Thank you ...

Side Affect
Dec 21, 2009

She has severe arthritis in the hips which is chronic and was attributed to previous use of steroids and due to cause (divedious). What could this word be? Does anyone know? ...

How ICD-10 Will Affect Transcription
Sep 04, 2013

Just wanted some thoughts on this article with regards to transcription. Scroll down to How Will The New System Help... http://www.m-scribe.com/blog/bid/214013/Medical-Documentation-and-Coding-Demand-Will-Increase-with-ICD-10 ...

I Knew It. Our First HIPPA Lawsuit! Could Effect MT's.
Jan 26, 2010

I have GOT TO GET OUT OF THIS SWEAT SHOP SO CALLED PROFESSION!! Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal filed the lawsuit on January 12, 2010. In the complaint, Blumenthal alleges that last May a portable disk drive containing Personal Health Information (PHI), social security numbers, and bank account numbers from about 1.5 million customers disappeared while in transit between Connecticut and California. The company did not inform any gover ...

Affect Appears To Be Somewhat Elusive?
Mar 03, 2010

Does this make sense?   The patient's affect appears to be somewhat elusive. This is what it sounds like he is saying. tia. ...

Will Obama's New Employment Law Affect MQ?
Jul 24, 2010

It has to do with requiring employers to reveal employees' salaries regarding sex, race and national origin of employees.  Will this mean MQ will have to pay the Indians more?  How about paying us more fairly?  Any thoughts on this? ...

Wonder How The Webmedx Layoffs Will Affect
Sep 02, 2010

I wonder if this is an "open the floodgates" kind of thing and will have a domino effect and more companies (like Medquist) will start laying off, too. Anybody have any comment on this? ...

Did This Affect Hourly Employees At All?
Dec 11, 2012

x ...

Side Effect To Chemo....s/l Desbusia, Grade 1
Dec 03, 2009

. ...

Is Obamacare Going To Affect Coding In A Negative Way? Nm
Jan 12, 2015

x ...

I Wonder How The New Health Care Bill Will Affect Our Jobs?
Nov 08, 2009

I.e., how will Medquist use the new bill to their benefit? ...

If All Work Eventually Goes Overseas, How Does That Affect MTSOs?
Jul 15, 2014

It seems it would behoove them to keep the work here unless they will remotely manage. ...

ADHD - Possible Medication Side Effect Causing Eating Problems?
Oct 06, 2010

I realize some of the ADHD medications can cause weight loss but have never heard of this and not sure - although it's very clear - can someone help? Patient is a 6-year-old white male currently taking Concerta 27 mg daily, methylphenidate 5 mg in the afternoon.  Taking the weekends off for s/l some pensatory eating. Thanks!   ...