A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Cholesterol profile in a chart note - BJ

Posted: Feb 15, 2010

How do you add a cholesterol profile in a chart note? There are no headings being used. Do you do as below:

CHOLESTEROL PROFILE: Total cholesterol: 182, LDL: 120, HDL: 82, Triglycerides: 75

Cholesterol Profile - dsauverwald

[ In Reply To ..]
I would think this would be the correct format, although you do not need the colons after each profile component, just commas; Total cholesteraol 182, LDL 120, HDL 82, triglycerides 75.

cholesterol profile - I always

[ In Reply To ..]
do it like this:

LABORATORY DATA: Total cholesterol 182, LDL 120, etc.

But, my company likes to keep headings somewhat uniform...

Similar Messages:

How To Amend A Signed Chart Note
Mar 11, 2010

Gotta question - I work in-house for a group practice that oursources the transcription to a service, then I work as an editor for the final review before the paper copy goes for signature.  The paper copies are faxed to the cc list of doctors on that note.  The original is then scanned into an EMR, with the paper copy then shredded.  There is talk of an electronic signature, but we're not there yet.  So my question is this - what would be the best way to deal with ...

Cardiology Chart Note Question
Nov 30, 2010

Could someone that is experienced please proofread the following Cardiology chart note for me.  I would like to make sure the format is correct, and also if I could get some input on what ("Bardoto") rales could be.  I would greatly appreciate some help.   The patient has had 2 myocardial infarctions, and is essentially a cardiac cripple.  His ejection fraction is quite low.  Blood pressure 136/66, pulse 80, respirations 24, temperature 97.6.  Heart: Regular sinus ...

Labile Hypertension - Chart Note
Feb 07, 2011

Microscopic: Rare ______, (sounds like: abcelioe cells) occasional mucus. Rare WBCs, RBCs, and casts. is rare even right? The doctor has a thick accent... ...

Doc Manually Signing A Letter Or Chart Note
Jul 14, 2010

I work for 9 specialty docs so I type a lot of letters.   Two of the docs have me stamp their outgoing letters with their name.  One doc has a manual signature line.  Our physician insurance company representative was recently here doing an audit and said that is not legal and that the docs must sign each and every letter or at least initial them.  Can you tell me if she is correct?  Is there somewhere where I can actually get some documentation as to the ...

HDL Cholesterol
Jan 18, 2010

s/l HDL cholesterol 18 bowiecample dL. ...

HDL Cholesterol 18
Mar 04, 2010

Foreign speaking doctor, he says: " HDL cholesterol 18" and then sounds like blecinbul desaliter? -end of sentence.  Can anyone PLEASE help!! ...

Cholesterol Much?
Mar 20, 2012

ASR just transcribed total cholesterol 1763 (dictated 173).  Where did that come from? ...

Cholesterol Panel Levels
Aug 31, 2011

In all my years as a medical transcriptionist, I have never seen levels as low as these.  I went back and listened several times and I still can't believe what I'm hearing.  Have any of you every heard of levels this low: Cholesterol was 90, triglycerides 103.  HDL 6, LDL of 64. ...

Drug S/l You-na-vase 7 Mg Pt Has HTN And High Cholesterol
Dec 09, 2010

x ...

Med S/l Lo-meer-a Pt Has DM, HTN, Arthritis, High Cholesterol,
May 03, 2012

x ...

Fast Chart - Current Info On Fast Chart
Dec 10, 2011

Anyone have any current info on Fast Chart, good, bad, ugly?  Checked the Archives, not much recent info.  Thanks! ...

S/l ANA Reflexic Profile
Nov 03, 2009

Serologic testing including ANA, ANA reflexic profile, rheumatoid factor, VDR, neuromyelitis optica antibodies, B12 level, and vitamin D level were normal. ...

Need Client Profile Help!
Dec 09, 2010

Ok, I just sign on for my shift and get a new account right away, plus it's OP reports, and I'm only a tier 2! Anyway, the CP says: Physicians Names Dictated: Transcribe as dictated using a header tag. Does this mean that anytime a physician's name is dictated I have to make it as a header? That doesn't make any sense to me. Help! ...

Client Profile.
Mar 24, 2014

I received a work type which has recently been changed over from a mandatory standard to headings. As I get shuffled around so many different accounts, so, of course I haven't seen this work type enough to remember where the body heading goes. So I inform my TSM of the deficiency that needs to be corrected as I spent considerable time checking past reports. I was very tempted to place the body heading in the wrong place to reinforce the deficient CP. I get an email stating I did the for ...

Uhm,,use Profile Won't Upload
Feb 06, 2015

anyone else having the problem and does that mean my last job when I signed off didn't go through? ...

DQM And Client Profile Question
Mar 24, 2010

I would like to keep the DQM backlog and a client profile minimized at all times.  I am having trouble.  I always get an error when I try to open a client profile when I already have the DQM backlog minimized.  Is this not possible or am I doing something wrong? thx ...

Question About LinkedIn Profile...
Jun 01, 2012

Hi, All -- I'm a former MT who has decided to try for another type of employment.  Would still love being an MT if the right job was out there, but I'm done with working for an MTSO.   I'm not getting very far by applying to various companies on-line.  I've read someo things about how important it is for job-seekers to have a profile on LinkedIn; however, I'm wondering if that applies to people like me who don't have much to list there.  I don & ...

Client Profile Rant
Jan 06, 2014

It's probably way too much to ask but would it kill them to set up the CPs the same way for each one? Like "qualified verbatim" in bold at the top, patient name in report, phys exam setup, ros setup, ADT instructions, etc.  The CP might just be the thing I despise the most. ...

There Is A Typo In The Client Profile On One Of
Jun 24, 2014

my accounts that says "Tile" table test instead of tilt table test.   My, my mistakes do happen, I guess!  ...

Anyone Else Having Trouble Accessing Client Profile?
Dec 08, 2009

I press F5 while in DQS to get the client profile to come up and it never loads.  I have tried it on several different accounts now (seems I get a different one for every report). Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue.  ...

F5 Not Working. Will Not Bring Up Client Profile..
Oct 31, 2010

Anyone else having this problem? ...

Client Profile Errors Will Probably End My Career
Feb 28, 2014

I never get points taken off for the content of my reports, those are perfect quality.  What kills me are the FULL POINTS taken off for client profile errors.  One single client profile error (it doesn't matter WHAT it is) will fail an audit.  It only takes ONE to FAIL.  The problem I have with this is, there are soooooo many account profiles in my day and some of them (no joke) are a mile long with absolutely NO consistency to any of them.  One tiniest of details ...

Fast Chart - Does Anyone Work For Fast Chart
Mar 07, 2013

Does anyone work for Fast Chart and what can you tell me about them? ...

If Anyone Has Used Chart Net Before ?
Aug 23, 2012

Just wanting to know if anyone has used Chart Net before and if so, did you like it? Also, is it compatible to Dictaphone ExText platform? ...

Is There A Chart Somewhere That Lists
Nov 13, 2009

what all the different medical coder levels are? CCS, CCA, CPC, etc. What they are, how to get each one, where they can work, how much they make. Any info appreciated as it is very confusing. ...

Fast Chart?
Jun 12, 2010

Any info on this company?   ...

Anyone Know Anything About Fast Chart?
Feb 06, 2011

Anyone know anything about Fast Chart?  Thanks! ...

SOAP Chart
Aug 15, 2011

When you are using a SOAP Chart style, do you every use PHSYICAL EXAMINATION in the headings? I have a doctor that added it in today with his dictations. I have never used it before in a SOAP. Thanks ...

Fast Chart Or TTS
Aug 24, 2011

I got a job offer from both companies today.  One is for night's with much better pay and the other is during the day with some weekend hours in a month, but really low start out pay.  Not sure which company is better.  I read the posts, but still need a job right now.  Any input would be soooo appreciated.  ...

Childs ER Chart
Sep 15, 2011

I'm trying to transcribe an ER chart for a baby and in her Physical Exam part the Dr. says her sallic is what it sounds like??? is normal fontanel is normal.. Any suggestions or anyone have any clue?? I'm fried and can't figure out a simple word ...