A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Capitalization - telfa, prolene, kerlix - joeyt

Posted: Sep 10, 2010

I need to know if the following products should be capitalized (like brand names) or not (like generic names): telfa, prolene, kerlix. Thank you for any help!

yes.. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

Joeyt, fastest answers will come by googling, or whichever - search engine you use. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

0 Prolene Suture Or 0-Prolene Or #0 Prolene Suture?
Jul 26, 2012

Is 0 Prolene correct? or 0-Prolene or #0 Prolene? ...

Telfa Dressing
Jun 17, 2010

Since telfa is not a brand name but a material it should not be spelled with a capital T, however, per my spellchecker and even in some documents on the web it is spelled with a capital T. I'm confused... ...

HS57 Prolene Suture HS5-7 HS 57
May 10, 2010

I know I had this written down somewhere, but can't find it anywhere, not in ref. books, anywhere!  He says:  end graft two-side arteriotomy HS5-7 Prolene  I can't remember is it HS5-7 HS-57, H-S 57 or what the heck??!! TIA!!!!!!   ...

A Quilt-0 Was Sutured Using ___-0 Prolene Around The Graft
Feb 08, 2011

1) Is there a hyphen between the quilt and 0? 2) Is it ZERO or O? 3) I am pretty sure the tape cuts out on the -0 prolene. 4)Is quilt right? ...

Capitalization ?
Nov 30, 2009

The patient will see the Cardiology team.  OR  The patient will see the cardiology team. ?? ...

Capitalization Help?--thank You
Jan 29, 2010

year-old retired Air Force professor of history at the Air Force Academy at the Florida College, married with adult children.     ...

Capitalization?
Mar 23, 2012

Hello, all. I am working a new job - now all of a sudden, after MANY years as an MT, I can't find a reference to capitalizing "candida esophagitis". I am limited by my platform to sites I can visit. That's why I am here. ...

Need Clarification Regarding Capitalization
May 18, 2010

Which is the correct way to capitalize this? Johnson Memorial Hospital Emergency Department or Johnson Memorial emergency department.   Thanks! ...

Diet Capitalization
Jun 08, 2010

Should different types of diets be capitalized?  For example, dysphagia III diet or heart healthy diet. ...

I Have A Question On Capitalization.
Jun 09, 2010

I know it is capitalized when I write, "He is being followed by Wecare Home Health." But now what later on when my sentence uses only 2/3 of the name as in:  "We will let Home Health change the dressing daily" Is the Home Health here capitalized?  Or not? "We will let home health change the dressing daily."   ...

Correct Capitalization
Mar 20, 2012

Would like to know which is correct or if neither is correct. Thanks!  John Doe, Cardiologist, was consulted John Doe, cardiologist, was consulted ...

Department Capitalization
Aug 23, 2012

I have been going back and forth on this, but doc says, "He was also found to be hypertensive. Patient's hypertension was managed by *anesthesia* and a 12-lead EKG was obtained." My gut is wanting to capitalize anesthesia to show that it was the anesthesiologists in the Anesthesia Department who managed the hypertension rather than anesthesia itself, but then again, maybe not? Would it be safer to not capitalize it? ...

Capitalization Confirmation
Jan 06, 2013

Just started a new job -- QA has capitlized specialities which I have never in my life been told to do -- can find it in BOS.  So . . .  If dicated "Dr. Jones of cardiology" should "cardiology" capitalized.  I was also told it was only cap when in conjunction with a specific place, i.e., Baptist Hospital Cardiology.  The page in BOS would be great.  Thanks.  ...

Capitalization Of Department Help Pls?
Apr 12, 2013

This one has me second guessing myself.  Dictation is:  Per the department of oncology, the patient is reminded to return in 2 weeks.  Would you capitalize department and oncology or not?  Thanks so much for your help!   ...

Capitalization - Parkinsonism
May 16, 2013

is parkinsonism capitalized? ...

Remebering Capitalization
May 23, 2013

Need help, stumped. When having the sentence MCDS group care facility, do I capitalize group care facility or leave as is. I have tried to look this up, but cannot find anything. Been a while since I had English. Thanks in advance. ...

Capitalization...Please See Message
Jul 30, 2013

Should the bold words be capitalized? We have had another very successful year with the Boot Camp 1 Course, and we had our Inaugural Junior Resident, Introduction to the Operating Room Course as well.  Also, the doc dictates "Junior Resident Course" a few more times.  Should it be capitalized? Thank you!! ...

Capitalization On Drugs
Nov 24, 2014

Seems like at one time I saw where QA/QC was no longer counting off if you accidentally (or through ignorance) capitalized a generic, but that if you did NOT capitalize a name brand it was an error. Am I crazy, or can someone tell me where to find this? ...

Fluency Capitalization
Jan 02, 2015

Can Fluency be set to auto capitalize the first letter of a sentence? If so, how do you set that? ...

Capitalization - Iodoform Gauze?
Oct 20, 2009

is the letter "i" supposed to be lower case or capitalized in iodoform gauze? ...

Capitalization - Palamino And Dalmatian
Aug 13, 2010

"I look like a Palomino horse or a Dalmatian dog."  Should palomino or dalmatian be capitalized.  I'm finding references to be capped and not capped.  Thanks. ...

6.1 Has Stolen My Capitalization On Return!! LOL
Sep 08, 2010

specifically useful in listing, when I used to hit return, it would automatically capitalize the next line, updated to 6.1 and no more auto cap on return.  Anyone else have this problem?  My expansion is Instant Text, and I don't see anything on there about the cap on return.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Julie ...

Capitalization - Psychiatric Emergency
Sep 11, 2010

Do I capitalize "Psychiatric Emergency Area" or just "Psychiatric Emergency" and not "area" ? I believe "emergency room" is not to be capitalized but I have seen where "Psychiatric Emergency Room" was capitalized.    Thank You ! ...

Capitalization Question/Format
Nov 04, 2010

SOCIAL HISTORYHalf a pack a day smoker. Alcohol: denies. Occupation: he is on disability due to chronic knee pain and an inability to work.   Is it... Occupation: He is on disability...  OR Occupation: he is on disability...   There are several instances of this type in this report and I am not sure of the correct format.. thanks!! ...

Word Capitalization Issue
Nov 13, 2010

Hello! For some reason, my Word XP is capitalizing after a month typed out, i.e. January. I can't seem to find where to change that setting. Help please!! Thank you, Kelly ...

Capitalization Of Virus Types
May 03, 2011

ECHO virus Type 9 and Coxsackie Group A, Type 9 can produce meningitis and petechiae. Should the words "type" and "group" be capitalized? ...

Capitalization - Department Is Used As An Entity
Aug 30, 2011

I have always been under the impression that when a department is used as an entity, such as "The patient was seen by the Pulmonary Department," that it would be capitalized.  If it were "The patient was seen in the pulmonary department," it would not be capitalized.  This is to denote that in the first example, the patient was actually seen by a person, not by the department itself (a thing).  I think this is an important distinction for clarity.  The account I am on is saying that pulmo ...

Capitalization - Chlamydia And Gardnerella
Nov 25, 2011

Should chlamydia and gardnerella be capitalized? ...

Capitalization - How Do You Know When To Capitalize Departments
Mar 15, 2013

How do you know when to capitalize departments.  I've always typed emergency room, radiology, cardioliogy, dialysis.  Now its Radiology, Cardiology, Dialysis, emergency room.  Why isn't the ER capiltized if the others are?  Also, if home health comes to a persons home to dress their wounds would home health be capitalized or if someone goes to urgent care is that capitalized?  Can someone explain how I would know when to capitalize something.  Otherwise I find myself losing time ...

Report Capitalization Question
Jun 27, 2013

When a doc is referencing a report in his dictation, i.e., please see the attached report, John Doe Lab Flow Cytometry report, John Doe Lab flow cytometry report or John Doe Lab Flow Cytometry Report, for further information. Which is correct?   Thanks for any and all responses, TXMT ...