A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Can I access markers in ExpressScribe? - MTconnie

Posted: May 08, 2012

When a doctor uses markers at the beginning of each patient's dication in a recording, how can I access those in Express Scribe when listening to it? I have e-mailed the company twice, and the first reply was totally unrelated to my question. There was no reply to the second query. 
I am currently using the free dl version of ExpressScribe but would glady upgrade to the $30 version if I was sure I could access the markers. Thanks for any help!

markers - not me

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked with escription for years and never heard of such a thing. What exactly does the dictator do? What does it look like on the report?

Markers in Experss Scribe - connieMT

[ In Reply To ..]
The dictator simply uses an application on his recording device before recording each patient which "marks" the recording. The dictator has been marking, but I can't figure out how to see or hear it in the recorded MP3 file on the free dl of ES. I know this is a common feature in audio recordings. I'm willing to purchase ES if it has this feature. I know "Sound Forge" has it, but that's an audio software, not for MT. The ES company tech support was of no help. Thanks for any suggestions!

Similar Messages:

<non-s> Markers?
Dec 02, 2010

I'm fairly new to MQ and learning the skip marker thing.  Could someone please tell me, are we suppose to remove the markers that say <non-s>?  I've had so many reports that are FILLED with these markers.  Or, are they suppose to stay in? I'd appreciate input/answers.  Thank you, Happy. ...

QA Markers On 7.1
Nov 15, 2012

Has anyone else had this problem, where you put a QA marker, but when you go back to listen to it again, it takes the sound back to the beginning of the report and no matter how many times you try to fix it, it just keeps doing that? What's the deal? ...

Cardiac Markers
Nov 20, 2009

Cardiac bile markers?  I have never heard of this but that sounds like what he is saying. ?? ...

Skip Markers
Jan 25, 2010

I got a call from MQ regarding the amount of <skip> markers in my ASR reports.  I was told that there shouldn't be more than 3 to 5 skip markers in any given report???  This sounded absolutely ABSURD to me and I told them to give a listen to some of the reports I edit and explain to me how exactly I am suppose to accomplish that!  Has anyone been told that or something similar?  It doesn't seem to me that the "ASR machine" will learn if we simply do correctio ...

CMTgenetic Markers
Jul 13, 2010

He says "I was going to do the CMT genetic markers for the "excellent" gene".  I have looked under CMT genetic markers and cannot find any "excellent" gene or anything that looks like it. Any ideas?  ...

Some Thoughts On The S Markers
Sep 16, 2010

I was wondering why in the new 6.1 version, it takes more words to get an automatic S marker inserter (highlighting words then using the delete button).  I used to have to count the words and if 5 or more, used to place the S marker.  I wonder why now the difference.  Do you think the Q keeps track of how many S markers are generally given in our documents as their ASR system is developed, and now wants to give themselves another pat on the back, exclaiming how their stellar ASR s ...

ASR And Skip Markers
Sep 24, 2010

I accidentally hit the delete button and it did not put in a skip marker so wondering if the trainer was wrong. ...

What Are These Non-s Markers Showing Up Now? Sm
Oct 31, 2010

Since the new upgrade 3 days ago, the ASR reports are showing continuously these red non-s markers....   Annoying.  And I don't hear in the report any lapses of time.   I thought this was supposed to be something that was manually put in, so my guessing is Yes, we are editing ILP work!!!!   Oh well, I am just ecstatic I now have high speed internet and now no longer at the mercy of dial up on top of NJA and other problems.   I actually do li ...

Margin Map Markers
May 09, 2011

Has anyone heard of Margin Map markers used during mastectomy?  Previous reports have it as MarginMap markers, but I cannot find this in any of my reference books or online.  The complete sentence is "The breast was labeled with a MarginMap markers."  TIA! ...

Anyone Buy ExpressScribe Pro?
Aug 20, 2012

I have the free version but it sounds tinny and I have tried the bass fixes they mentioned on the site. Just wondering if anyone owns the Pro version to know if it's worth buying or if it is going to sound the same way. I started a new job last week and am struggling because I am leaving so many blanks from the echo of ExpressScribe. TIA ...

How Do We Check/uncheck QA Markers?
Mar 14, 2010

My first report of the day was an ESL (typical for a Sunday when that's all I get).  I had QA markers, but when I went to send the document, the QA box was already checked and I couldn't uncheck it.  I didn't think another set of ears would have heard what I couldn't.  Obviously this report went on to QA as I was given no choice.  Aren't we supposed to have a choice to check that box starting today? ...

Cereal Inflammatory Markers . . . Yum!
Oct 03, 2010

gotta love ASR - this one made me spew coffee. ...

Why Is MME Leaving QA Markers In My Reports? Sm
Oct 26, 2011

I had a few extremely difficult ESL dictations tonight and reluctantly sent them to QA, only to get them back with some of my QA markers listened to, and others left in the report.  I thought they had to listen to ALL of the QA markers and either correct them or blank them?  I thought we weren't supposed to send reports with QA markers in to the hospitals?  Is this just the MME not doing their job, or something else? By the way, 99% of my QA markers were turned into blanks b ...

Turning Off Skin Markers
Dec 07, 2011

anyone remember how to turn off skip markers? ...

Desperately Need ExpressScribe Help
Oct 14, 2009

I am trying to transcribe files in Express Scribe.  The first file keeps speeding up and going really fast, even when I decrease the speed button on the display.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  The second problem is when I start the voice file, when I lift my foot off the pedal, the file keeps playing.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!! ...

DocShuttle With Expressscribe
May 14, 2010

Does anyone use DocShuttle with Express Scribe?  ...

ExpressScribe And Footpedal
Oct 11, 2010

I have used expressScribe before with my footpedal... but I have forgotten how to hook it up!!!  What I mean is I stopped using ExpressScrbice for a while and deleted it from my computer- I just re-loaed it and now I cant use my footpedal!!   Can some one help me in setting this up again?!?!  Thanks!!! Jess ...

Some Questions About ExpressScribe
Apr 05, 2012

I have been an MT for decades, using Word Perfect, then Bayscribe, and now another platform.  I never worked in Word. I was in the dark about a lot of things, being at my previous job for over 10 years, perfectly content, not realizing the chaos that was going on in this industry.  After being sold about 2 years ago, I had to learn a new platform, learn VR, and finally after a few years, understand how to use this particular platform.  Please bear with me as I ask a few ...

ExpressScribe Problems
Apr 09, 2012

I was using the free version of ExpressScribe and had no problems.  I purchased it yesterday, and now my wav files won't download.  Nothing has changed.  Can someone help me?  I did not pay for their support help, and am wondering if this is some sort of way that they want to get me to purchase the support help.  Thank you. ...

ExpressScribe And MS Word
Jun 29, 2012

New to this. How can I listen to file in ExpressScribe and type it in MS Word? ES gives me the area where I can type it, but I would rather no have to copy and paste if I can just type it in Word but still listen to the dictation. Any info would be helpful. Thanks so much! ...

Problem With ExpressScribe
Jul 19, 2012

Hi, all,   I was hoping someone could help me with a problem I'm having with ExpressScribe.  I have used the free version for years.  I recently uninstalled it because I had an issue with it playing the files I needed, and after the uninstall, I re-downloaded the program.  However, now I only get a trial version, and when I try to set up my pedal, the message pops up that my pedal doesn't work with the trial version and that I can upgrade to Pro.  I didn' ...

Alternative To ExpressScribe
Sep 29, 2012

I desperately need an alternative to ES.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling for the free trial version several times.  I finally kept getting a message that I could no longer download the free trial, so I purchased the Pro version because I was promised that I was also paying for tech support.  The program keeps freezing up.  I am having an awful time loading files.  Yesterday afternoon I was trying to load files and it took me an entire 4 hours to get 15 files loaded with no more ...

ExpressScribe Users Please Help...sm
Nov 13, 2012

Could someone tell me when load and delete voice files into ExpressScribe, how the heck do I get it to save the original date and time stuff was recorded instead of changing it to the date and time I brought it into the program.  Frustrated.  Thanks all. ...

Corporate Letter --- QA Markers QUESTION
Mar 02, 2010

HELP PLEASE.   The way I read the letter a QA marker will no longer automically route a report to QA, that we must request that it go to QA.  So how do we do that?  I'm stopped on a report with a marker because of no ADT feed.  Thanks in advance.     ...

Frist Time Right - New Procedure For QA Markers
Mar 05, 2010

Okay so I am going round and round with this.  I understand that MQ will be using weekly figures to determine the submission rate.  I understand how the submission rate is calculated but what I cannot figure out is how they determine what lines to pay the reduced amount on.  My super's comment was that you will be paid the rate on everything after the 10% (3-14 - 5-1) or 5% (after 5-1) that is sent to QA.  So, maybe one of you posters out there, who is not visual ...

I Hope Those Of You Who Delete Skip Markers
Sep 10, 2010

Just a thought.  I'd rather not have ASR learn too much.  If it gets too good, I'm out of work (more than usual anyway). ...

S/l Positive SIT Markers For Celiac Disease
Nov 02, 2010

I have heard this before but cannot place it. ...

ExpressScribe Jamming Up Computer
May 06, 2011

Recently I downloaded ExpressScribe onto my PC, but shortly thereafter I had to delete it because my computer kept jamming up!!  Now I'm reading various complaints on this board about the program so thought I'd post this to see if anyone else had similar problems with it. Any recommendations for other player software programs that can handle WAV files? Thanks! ...

ExpressScribe Won't Play A Wav File
Jun 29, 2012

I can load it into the dock, but it says there are 0 minutes of dictation. If I play it on Windows Media, it says I need a codec. I don't know what that is. If I right click the file, I see it has 2 minutes of dictation on it. Why won't it play? I've tried opening it in several other places, and it just won't work. This is the free version. I've played dozens of files before. ...

ExpressScribe Pro Expired? So Frustrated......
Jul 11, 2012

I was in the middle of working on a file on ExpressScribe Pro and a box popped up saying that it had expired and that I would have to purchase it.  It had said at the top that it was licensed and my name.  I was having issues with playing the files and they sent me an update link to fix it.  Now a month later it tells me that my program has expired and that I have to purchase it.  I am so frustrated right now and NCH will not answer my questions anymore or respond in any way ...