A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

On the lateral view, the patella is sitting in a s/l alta position. - one more x-ray question tia nm

Posted: Jan 23, 2010

x

Patella alta is a condition, meaning high-riding knee caps. (sm) - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have never transcribed it as a position on an x-ray report but I would think that it would fit.

Hope this helps a little and hopefully someone can give you a more definitive answer.

patella alta. sm - Txczech

[ In Reply To ..]
patella alta

term used to describe a somewhat more proximal position of the patella than anticipated when it is visualized on a lateral radiograph of the knee.

Thanks for all your help. I wasn't sure if it fit in this sentence or not. - tia nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Is There A Lateral Bending View Knee X-ray? "AP, Lateral, Sunrise
Feb 15, 2012

x ...

Knee X-rays - Lateral View Contuination Of S/l** Lu-mi-sonce**
Jul 27, 2012

X-rays demonstrate on the lateral view contuination of s/l** lu-mi-sonce** line to pass through the inferior one-third of the patella.  Thanks! ...

Knee X-rays - Lateral View, S/l **Blue-mont-slots** Line Is Intact
Sep 05, 2012

There is no evidence of loose body. On the lateral view, s/l **Blue-mont-slots** line is intact with neutral patella.  There are no significant degenerative changes of the patellofemoral compartment. There is no evidence of subluxation or tilt.  ...

Bilateral Knee X-ray Today Including A S/l Rosen View, Erosion View Show...
Aug 23, 2011

. ...

Patella
Apr 18, 2012

Right knee demonstrates tenderness. _________ and _________ patella per set.   Sounds like pulcele and gladda ...

Patella Or Patellar Fracture?
Nov 16, 2009

Would you transcribe patella fracture or patellar fracture?  I think I am hearing patellar fracture.  TIA.  ...

S/l Blumatuts Line? Patella Spur
Oct 18, 2011

"There is spurring on the patella which appears in a neutral position with the inferior pole adjacent to s/l blu-ma-tuts line. I looked up patella spurring inferior pole adjacent and found nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! ...

L Tibia Fracture - Plan: He Was Transitioned To A S/l *patella
Jun 01, 2011

x ...

Meniscectomy: Articular Surface Of The Patella Was Examined....
May 04, 2012

Articular surface of the patella was examined and noted to be [white/wide?] and smooth and intact. ...

Fissure Ring In Patella Cartilage? Ortho
Jul 10, 2012

Can there be a full thickness fissure ring in the patella cartilage? Is there such thing as a fissure ring? ...

Constant Sitting
Jan 29, 2015

With MM's restrictions on pretty much everything, how often does everybody get up to take a break?  Previously I could get up and stretch, walk away for a few minutes before downloading the next job, but now I get reprimanded for inactive time.  How long do you work before standing up?  Do you stand and work at the same time sometimes.  I have severe RLS and to top that off my chair is like sitting on a brick.  Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks! ...

I'm Getting Bed Sores From Sitting At My Computer...
Feb 12, 2010

waiting for any work to trickle in. I wish I knew where it was going. Gotta find a new line of work after 20 years of MT. So sad... ...

For Anyone Sitting With Jobs That Won't Upload
Sep 26, 2010

I logged in at 10 a.m. EST and worked my entire shift.  I got NJA a few times, so didn't do as many jobs as normal (straight typing only). Anyway, the work kept coming, so I kept typing.  The DEP screen said they were working on moving the "stuck" jobs out, so I figured I would just plug along. I wrote down every job number I typed along the way. At the end of my shift, I had 17 jobs that were hanging in limbo.  I had submitted a ticket to QCare but had received no respons ...

Sitting Here NJA. CCM Says Becaue Of Spring
Apr 07, 2011

I thought most Spring Breaks were middle of March?  Are there Spring Breaks in April? ...

No Work, Not Sitting Here All Day Waiting For It Either!
Jul 04, 2012

So only 3 jobs this a.m. and obviously my accounts have no work. I have been checking all morning. Have a cookout with friends this afternoon I could be attending. E-mailed boss, but of course she must be off enjoying the holiday. I'm thinking I'm going to go ahead and enjoy my afternoon away from the computer waiting for NO JOBS? What do the rest of you do when you have no work? ...

Wonderful If Anyone Else Is Sitting Here W/o Work? I'm Sm
Aug 15, 2012

so frustrated I could just scream.  I have a dentist appt on my day off (Monday) but got a call last night that they could fit me in this morning and stupid me said no because of work and now I sit here with NOTHING and a dentist appointment on my day off.  I hope I hear from one of the several jobs I have applied to soon because this just is not working for me any more!!!!! ...

Anyone Else Worry About Sitting Too Long On This
Nov 17, 2012

articles about how bad it is for your health.  Some days I actually think I feel clots forming in my legs (probably all in my head though).  I'm looking for ways to be a healthier MT without lowering productivity.  ...

Great. Sitting Here With NJA Already, Yet They Required Most Of Us
Dec 24, 2012

in my group to work Christmas.  Why do they ruin our Christmases when they know there's no work?!  Bunch of grinches.... ...

I Have Been Sitting Here For 4 Hours Waiting For
Jan 11, 2013

to connect.  I can't believe we have to sit here and check back every 15 minutes to see if DQS is back up.  What are the rest of the night crew doing?  Are you checking every 15 minutes?  It is freezing here too and I would rather be in my pj's under the covers with my cat. Sorry to vent but I am starting to feel like a ping pong ball going back and forth into DQS. ...

The Elephant In The Room Is Sitting On Me Now.
May 12, 2014

It's a sad realization that while I was a fairly decent medical transcriptionist, I am not good at editing. I made 3 critical errors in one day. I don't really have an excuse. I caught a bazillion errors as I had some pretty bad dictations yesterday but missed a lab error 50.3 instead of 50.8, a diagnosis VR typed hemangioma and it was supposed to be meningioma. There was one other stupid one. I'm not too proud to admit, I am just not cut out for this. I'm not sure if ...

Are You Sitting Next To That Blasted Beeping
Oct 12, 2014

Long dictation, and my earing are killing me already...thanks you idiot. Is there anyway to save voice files? I mean at some point I will be deaf from this job, workers comp sounds about right ...

Any Work Today? Hate Sitting Here.
Nov 26, 2009

Hate it when they say," You have to work your shift."  Then we sit and wait for 1 report, maybe 2 every hour.  Well, "I can give you another account to work on."   Account specifics only 35 to 40 pages.  OK will do that.  By the way, there is only 1 report on that account...  What a waste..... And, no, you cannot have off.  You were scheduled to work, so you have to work.... ...

I Get So Tired Of Sitting Here Waiting For Work And
Feb 06, 2012

am concerned if I quit this job I will get another with the exact same situation.  I have no clue what to do with myself sitting waiting and it makes me nervous. ...

Nothing Like Sitting Here Waiting On Work While They Keep Overloading The
Jul 09, 2013

accounts.  Gets extremely tiring.  How do you deal with this.  I complain but it does no good.  Not much sense going elsewhere I guess because it is all the same.  ...

I'm Tempted To Ask To Be Laid Off! I Am Steaming Right Now Sitting Here With No Work AGAIN! Sm
Jan 29, 2014

A week and a half of this and not getting better.  Emails about new quality standards and as I will be transitioning into fluency I will be making below minimum wage which is not going to cut it for my bills.  How is this legal???  No work during shift, complicated procedures which take up MY unpaid time to try and figure out, unrealistic standards when there is work, having to meet an hourly production minimum but get a massive paycut if you need help.  UGH! I'm picturi ...

After Sitting Here For Several Hours With No Work, Gotta Love The Ad For SoftScript. Sm
Jan 03, 2011

It states, "Most important plenty of work. We do all we can to assure you will stay busy your entire shift. NO waiting or praying for work to come." I guess today and the last 2 months have been my imagination.  ...

TransTech Oncology - Sitting And Waiting For Work To Come In For Weeks
Jan 05, 2013

I am an oncology MT with TransTech and have been sitting and waiting for work to come in for weeks.   In the last 2 weeks, I have had about 16 hours worth of work.  I'm worrying about how I am going to pay my bills.  Then I come to this site and see that TransTech is once again advertising for Oncology MTs.  This makes me SO ANGRY!!!  Why would a company do this?  Why advertise jobs when their current employees have no work at all??   ...

Sitting Here Waiting On Work! I Have Only Worked For 1 Hour Today!
Jan 29, 2014

After The Fluency Upgrade Do You Ever Find Yourself Just Sitting There Waiting For The Report To Upl
Feb 09, 2015

RADIOLOGY: PA And Lateral Chest---NVM!!!!
Nov 19, 2009

Alone in-house today and need a little help. "There is a vague nodular density overlying the anterior first rib approximately 15 mm which suspect is a bone island.  The patient will be recalled for lordotic, reverse lordotic,  and infused cone of the apices." Not sure of the bolded part and even less sure about the word apices. Thanks! He repeated himself a little clearer later on in the dictation.  He said:  "The patient will be recalled for lordotic/reverse lordotic vie ...