A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I'm tempted to ask to be laid off! I am steaming right now sitting here with no work AGAIN! sm - broke

Posted: Jan 29, 2014

A week and a half of this and not getting better.  Emails about new quality standards and as I will be transitioning into fluency I will be making below minimum wage which is not going to cut it for my bills.  How is this legal???  No work during shift, complicated procedures which take up MY unpaid time to try and figure out, unrealistic standards when there is work, having to meet an hourly production minimum but get a massive paycut if you need help.  UGH! I'm picturing a group of greedy scrooge-like looking animals rubbing their hands together trying to come up with another way to inflict abuse. I have never been so stressed out in my entire life!  This computer truly sucks.

oops, I meant COMPANY. I'm going to do great on my next audit!!! - broke

[ In Reply To ..]

Couldn't have said it better!!! I totally agree - whodat

[ In Reply To ..]
with you!!!

Laid off - Rusty

[ In Reply To ..]
I completely agree. They have already caused a friend of mine to have a breakdown, and now I have high BP. Does anyone know if anyone has ever signed up for UEB due to low work volume? I am strongly considering it.

I have never, ever worked at a place with so many rules.............

I actually collected partial UEB a few years back BUT I think sm - broke

[ In Reply To ..]
the evil MM covered their butts by having us choose to either make the time up, PTO, or take w/o pay, therefore agreeing unfairly to "accept" the NJA situation. I can relate to your friend. Last doc appt my BP was through the roof.
Why - would
[ In Reply To ..]
you not file for partial UE. MM has nothing to do with it. If you are not getting your full time in, file for partial UE. You also can file for TAA. UE makes the decision if you get UE or not, not MModal. It's not your problem if there is no work, it is theirs.
Back when I filed, UE specifically asked me if any work was offered sm - broke
[ In Reply To ..]
to me. I would think that given the choice to make it up would give MM reason to deny and say that it was offered but not made up. Guess I'm paranoid. I feel that after day after day with no work that we should be able to apply for full UE and walk away from this place. If we did not sign on to our shift day after day, they would certainly fire us, so not giving us work day after day, shouldn't we be able to financially protect ourselves??? I just feel beat up and tired.
Telling - you
[ In Reply To ..]
to make it up is not offering you work. You are not expected to work 24/7 to try to make up the work that you do not get on your shift. Let them deny you, it's not up to them. You just need to keep track of all the NJA. I used to take screen shots of the NJA screen making sure the date and time were on there and then send them to my personal computer. I never needed them though.

Well, thank goodness they're still hiring while there's no work... - Ugh. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Youknow what, I actually responded to one of those hiring ads - and asked them why they hire with no work. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
No response from the company yet... LOL

Wouldn't it be a great idea for every one of you in that kind of situation to start answering all those posts with that same question?

and yes, it goes without saying, a made-up email so nobody loses their job... because that comment is without a doubt going to come up again as it always does.

Let's all go sign up for UEB - Rusty

[ In Reply To ..]
Then might raised a flag that something is very wrong with this company.

[ In Reply To ..]
There are so many things wrong with this company, I don't even know where to begin. I agree, let's all sign up for UEB and also we should all apply to those ads. Something, anything, to shake this place up, but I doubt it would do any good, so for the sake of ourselves, at least sign up for UEB. They need to be accountable for their unethical treatment of their employees.
Do IT. I did a couple of years back. MM broke me! NM - Filed online. Easy.
[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

ARGH. I'm So Tempted
Oct 03, 2010

those apathetic, mush-mouthed ESLs coughing, burping, mumbling while dictating and tell them they are responsible for my cut in pay.  Obviously MQ wants to cut our pay, but I'm sure the dictators don't know this, and MQ isn't about to train them the right way, or let them know how they really sound to us.  OOHHH, I'm so tempted to get on the phone and ask for Dr. so-and-so and tell them off, or at least humbly ask them to throw me a bone here, to try to enuncia ...

Tempted To Go Back IC
Mar 09, 2014

Moved from Hawaii to Florida and thinking about going back to IC status.  Been doing some research on the state tax law as I heard/read FL is 1 of 7 states who exempts sole proprieterships from filing 1099 and even corporate income tax.  If my understanding is correct, wondering if I should chance IC again, even though it seems MTSOs haven't changed as far as putting you on a schedule :(.  Ideas anyone?  TIA. ...

Anybody Tempted To Go With Mercedes Just For Something To Do?!!!
Oct 07, 2014

I'm beginning to think RecordsOne got the raw end of this deal. ...

Tempted To Go Full-time IC Status
Dec 16, 2014

I have a great part-time IC job that I really love. It is so stress-free and I only hear from my account manager when she sends me my pay summary right before pay day. I have been thinking about how blessed I am to have found them especially after working as an employee for a couple other MTSOs. My employee jobs have been so stressful and QA can be so petty with a lot of these places. We have QA where I work now, but I have absolutely no complaints and literally almost always score 100% Here ...

Ever Tempted To Leave Out The Spaces And Hard Returns
Nov 15, 2013

I am so tempted to leave out the items we are not paid for and see how they like it.  I am also tempted to submit jobs just as ASR creates them and let them see what a mess it is.  Sadly, I cannot do that as I have a work ethic that prevents me from doing so, despite the fact that I believe they deserve it!  Wouldn't it be a riot if we all did that for 1 whole day - that would keep "them" busy for a while and off our backs!  Ok, back to this extremely boring and mind num ...

I Am VERY Tempted To Type Verbatim As Pronounced By This Twit NP
Jun 08, 2015

nm ...

Constant Sitting
Jan 29, 2015

With MM's restrictions on pretty much everything, how often does everybody get up to take a break?  Previously I could get up and stretch, walk away for a few minutes before downloading the next job, but now I get reprimanded for inactive time.  How long do you work before standing up?  Do you stand and work at the same time sometimes.  I have severe RLS and to top that off my chair is like sitting on a brick.  Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks! ...

I'm Getting Bed Sores From Sitting At My Computer...
Feb 12, 2010

waiting for any work to trickle in. I wish I knew where it was going. Gotta find a new line of work after 20 years of MT. So sad... ...

For Anyone Sitting With Jobs That Won't Upload
Sep 26, 2010

I logged in at 10 a.m. EST and worked my entire shift.  I got NJA a few times, so didn't do as many jobs as normal (straight typing only). Anyway, the work kept coming, so I kept typing.  The DEP screen said they were working on moving the "stuck" jobs out, so I figured I would just plug along. I wrote down every job number I typed along the way. At the end of my shift, I had 17 jobs that were hanging in limbo.  I had submitted a ticket to QCare but had received no respons ...

Sitting Here NJA. CCM Says Becaue Of Spring
Apr 07, 2011

I thought most Spring Breaks were middle of March?  Are there Spring Breaks in April? ...

No Work, Not Sitting Here All Day Waiting For It Either!
Jul 04, 2012

So only 3 jobs this a.m. and obviously my accounts have no work. I have been checking all morning. Have a cookout with friends this afternoon I could be attending. E-mailed boss, but of course she must be off enjoying the holiday. I'm thinking I'm going to go ahead and enjoy my afternoon away from the computer waiting for NO JOBS? What do the rest of you do when you have no work? ...

Wonderful If Anyone Else Is Sitting Here W/o Work? I'm Sm
Aug 15, 2012

so frustrated I could just scream.  I have a dentist appt on my day off (Monday) but got a call last night that they could fit me in this morning and stupid me said no because of work and now I sit here with NOTHING and a dentist appointment on my day off.  I hope I hear from one of the several jobs I have applied to soon because this just is not working for me any more!!!!! ...

Anyone Else Worry About Sitting Too Long On This
Nov 17, 2012

articles about how bad it is for your health.  Some days I actually think I feel clots forming in my legs (probably all in my head though).  I'm looking for ways to be a healthier MT without lowering productivity.  ...

Great. Sitting Here With NJA Already, Yet They Required Most Of Us
Dec 24, 2012

in my group to work Christmas.  Why do they ruin our Christmases when they know there's no work?!  Bunch of grinches.... ...

I Have Been Sitting Here For 4 Hours Waiting For
Jan 11, 2013

to connect.  I can't believe we have to sit here and check back every 15 minutes to see if DQS is back up.  What are the rest of the night crew doing?  Are you checking every 15 minutes?  It is freezing here too and I would rather be in my pj's under the covers with my cat. Sorry to vent but I am starting to feel like a ping pong ball going back and forth into DQS. ...

The Elephant In The Room Is Sitting On Me Now.
May 12, 2014

It's a sad realization that while I was a fairly decent medical transcriptionist, I am not good at editing. I made 3 critical errors in one day. I don't really have an excuse. I caught a bazillion errors as I had some pretty bad dictations yesterday but missed a lab error 50.3 instead of 50.8, a diagnosis VR typed hemangioma and it was supposed to be meningioma. There was one other stupid one. I'm not too proud to admit, I am just not cut out for this. I'm not sure if ...

Are You Sitting Next To That Blasted Beeping
Oct 12, 2014

Long dictation, and my earing are killing me already...thanks you idiot. Is there anyway to save voice files? I mean at some point I will be deaf from this job, workers comp sounds about right ...

Any Work Today? Hate Sitting Here.
Nov 26, 2009

Hate it when they say," You have to work your shift."  Then we sit and wait for 1 report, maybe 2 every hour.  Well, "I can give you another account to work on."   Account specifics only 35 to 40 pages.  OK will do that.  By the way, there is only 1 report on that account...  What a waste..... And, no, you cannot have off.  You were scheduled to work, so you have to work.... ...

I Get So Tired Of Sitting Here Waiting For Work And
Feb 06, 2012

am concerned if I quit this job I will get another with the exact same situation.  I have no clue what to do with myself sitting waiting and it makes me nervous. ...

Nothing Like Sitting Here Waiting On Work While They Keep Overloading The
Jul 09, 2013

accounts.  Gets extremely tiring.  How do you deal with this.  I complain but it does no good.  Not much sense going elsewhere I guess because it is all the same.  ...

On The Lateral View, The Patella Is Sitting In A S/l Alta Position.
Jan 23, 2010

x ...

After Sitting Here For Several Hours With No Work, Gotta Love The Ad For SoftScript. Sm
Jan 03, 2011

It states, "Most important plenty of work. We do all we can to assure you will stay busy your entire shift. NO waiting or praying for work to come." I guess today and the last 2 months have been my imagination.  ...

TransTech Oncology - Sitting And Waiting For Work To Come In For Weeks
Jan 05, 2013

I am an oncology MT with TransTech and have been sitting and waiting for work to come in for weeks.   In the last 2 weeks, I have had about 16 hours worth of work.  I'm worrying about how I am going to pay my bills.  Then I come to this site and see that TransTech is once again advertising for Oncology MTs.  This makes me SO ANGRY!!!  Why would a company do this?  Why advertise jobs when their current employees have no work at all??   ...

Sitting Here Waiting On Work! I Have Only Worked For 1 Hour Today!
Jan 29, 2014

After The Fluency Upgrade Do You Ever Find Yourself Just Sitting There Waiting For The Report To Upl
Feb 09, 2015

I Get So Tired Of Waiting On Work. It Actually Makes Me Nervous Sitting By This Computer
Jun 05, 2014

waiting on reports.  Not sure how to handle this.  I am looking for other work but no luck so far.  Do others find this mentally stressful babysitting your computer. ...

Anybody Been Laid Off By MQ?
Feb 18, 2010

I hear MQ employees are eligible under the TAA to get re-training paid for in another field, but how do you get "laid off"???  ...

Laid-off
Jun 23, 2010

Recently laid-off and I am looking for a job. I was just wondering, being an IC medical transcriptionist has anyone ever qualified for unemployment?? I know this is considered self-employed and most states will not give you benefits, but I was just wondering if anyone has ever gotten benefits being an IC.   Thank you for your time. ...

Getting Laid Off
Mar 01, 2011

4th time in 4 years. Sick of this!!! Will be finding something new to do. ...

Laid Off
Apr 04, 2013

I was laid off today too.  I have been with the company for 8 years.  I consistently make my quota by a long shot, at over 375 lph.  I had my audit a month ago at 99.3%.  I am a single mom trying to support my family, and no, there was no warning, no severance, no nothing.  My supervisor said it is across the board, and she did not have an answer for me as to why me.  I spent the day working on my resume and job hunting and came here to see if anyone had any answers.  To those of you in t ...