A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Great. Sitting here with NJA already, yet they required most of us - sm

Posted: Dec 24, 2012

in my group to work Christmas.  Why do they ruin our Christmases when they know there's no work?!  Bunch of grinches....

Great. Sitting here with NJA already... - gr8mt

[ In Reply To ..]
What else can they do? Clients expected to be covered for emergencies, transfers, etc. I've been in this bus. for 20+ years and it's always been like that...enjoy your time OFF...and fulfilling your holiday work time at the same time! :)) Happier Holidays..

You're right... - bshel

[ In Reply To ..]
That is the way our business is. Well said and I am supposed to be working today but no work either. I am going to vacuum and get a pie done...MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU!!!

You're right.... - gr8mt

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you! You took the words right outta my mouth...I was going to say....bake some cookies...LOL. I have never read these postings as much as today...actually forget this site even exists and now I am getting so depressed!! I really did think being an MT was a good job..! The reason I make barely more than minimal wage is I am so horrible at staying on task...If I ACTUALLY worked my scheduled hours with my nose to the grindstone..I'd be rich! (Providing I could sustain 99% accuracy...and somehow I come in at 98.8, etc....) Thank God I do have a hubby who makes good money...now if he just made a little more.....:)).
It's not too funny when you are the sole - supporter and SM
[ In Reply To ..]
depend on this income to pay the mortgage.

They can schedule a few workers. They don't have to schedule nearly everyone - when they know its this slow. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Why on earth would any MT dislike this? You LIKE - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
being scheduled on Christmas when you know there's no work? Companies used to take volunteers to cover holidays. It only takes a handful of people to cover what little bit of work comes in. Why should these lazy supers schedule everyone & ruin everyone's Christmas when they could schedule a fraction of the people & still have plenty of workers?!
why MT dislike....I for one... - whatever
[ In Reply To ..]
don't like the tone. Kind of ignorant asking if we like sitting through our schedules waiting for work. Did you expect anyone to say Yes, love it. Then, the name calling..."Lazy" supers. I feel like you are seeing an opening to be able to come on here and complain about our bosses. Again, I am quite sure that they want to keep their jobs, so have to provide some kind of coverage and I personally don't know what decision making goes into that. If you have any info that we are not privey to, it is what it is. Why don't you make lemonade from these kind of lemons? Just a thought.
The post she was referring to with the dislike is the one above - the one youre referring to. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Disagree...not true. - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been in the business for almost 30 years, starting with working in-hospital for an acute care facility, and that is not true. It has not "always been like that". Holidays were always covered by a skeleton crew because the work was lighter. This "every MT must work every holiday" was not accepted until the offshoring MTSOs changed the industry.

Of course you don't need a full workforce on the holidays, why would anyone think that? The 'normal' way it used to be done was ask for volunteers (because there were always those who welcomed the 'true' time and a half holiday pay or didn't celebrate holidays) or rotate the holidays. Doctors, nurses, and other on-site hospital employees do NOT work EVERY holiday. Anybody who thinks this is a normal MT's duty is parroting something they've been told.

I'm in a transition period buy-out with this company so still have a current supervisor who knew there would be no work so we could request leave and actually make PLANS (because we have families and a life outside of transcribing). But I know this will change to the 'routine' at M*Modal. And after 30 years, being 'rewarded' by ending up at a company who makes everyone work every holiday (although the "global" employees don't have to), sorry, that is NOT "the way it's always been done". I have family who also need to PLAN to fly in or drive with their children (I've done the entertaining/cooking/hosting for the last 15 years and many of our relatives live out of state). To be content with "hoping" that one can sign off after 15 minutes because of NJA may work for some, but not all.

There is a way around that - As far as having your Xmas - ruined. Here is what you do..

[ In Reply To ..]
You wait out the 15 minutes required and if nothing comes in, you simply fill out a remedy ticket and continue on with your holiday festivities. Chances are, work will not be picking back up so I would say it is safe to assume after you have waited your 15 minutes it's safe to put in a remedy ticket and take the rest of your shift in PTO.

I was praying we would be out of work before - my schedule started

[ In Reply To ..]
but unfortunately there is enough work I will probably be stuck here for a few hours. Good thing I got up early and got stuff done, and the family isn't coming until 1. Hopefully it will all work out, but I think it sucks having work so I can't put in my remedy ticket and be on my way for the day.

I woke up today and yesterday to nothing - wish they would route me yours

[ In Reply To ..]
I think it totally sucks that I was denied PTO, have to change plans for the holidays and dont get to see the family, and then wake up to nothing. This is beyond ridiculous.

I made a deal with my supervisor... - bshel

[ In Reply To ..]
I asked to work on Monday so that I could have Tuesday off with my family. She allowed it. I asked months ago. I worked yesterday and there was a lot of work.
well isnt it great that your supervisor did that for you - mine denied PTO for both days
[ In Reply To ..]
And I worked for Easter, 4th of July, Memorial day, Thanksgiving even though it was my day off and now this.

So, couldnt travel by my family and logged on to no work both days.
Am truly sorry you didn't get .... - elf
[ In Reply To ..]
the time off. I too have worked anytime they have called me and said they needed help and on major holidays as well. I did work Thanksgiving this year because there was little coverage on my accounts. I just worked my dinner and get togethers arond my schedule cause I really needed the money.

Similar Messages:

Great Line Counts Require Great Dictators.
Feb 11, 2015

I'm always over 200 until I get Mr. Mumblemouth who knows he is not forming actual words when he hums through the PE, as my counts plummet to as loiw as 75 LPH.   Then I get a long report from an excellent fast-talking dictator and my LPH jumps to 340.   Question:  Why is it that the MTSO does not comprehend the fact that our production depends on the capability of the provider to dictate correctly?   The horrid dictators are never told they are doing anything wrong as ...

Great Transcription Job - Great Pay -
Dec 20, 2011

I worked for LabCorp for 7 years - started at $14/hr - left 7 yrs later at $19.86/hour -- company has own credit card for employees -  called a Clear Card - available to ALL employees - Regular working hours. EASY transcription!!!  Could do it in my sleep!  Benefits.  Had a lot of overtime if you wanted it - ($28 an hour when I left - at time and a half).  I would recommend LabCorp to EVERYONE!  They also have data entry if interested.  lower pay, though.& ...

Constant Sitting
Jan 29, 2015

With MM's restrictions on pretty much everything, how often does everybody get up to take a break?  Previously I could get up and stretch, walk away for a few minutes before downloading the next job, but now I get reprimanded for inactive time.  How long do you work before standing up?  Do you stand and work at the same time sometimes.  I have severe RLS and to top that off my chair is like sitting on a brick.  Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks! ...

I'm Getting Bed Sores From Sitting At My Computer...
Feb 12, 2010

waiting for any work to trickle in. I wish I knew where it was going. Gotta find a new line of work after 20 years of MT. So sad... ...

For Anyone Sitting With Jobs That Won't Upload
Sep 26, 2010

I logged in at 10 a.m. EST and worked my entire shift.  I got NJA a few times, so didn't do as many jobs as normal (straight typing only). Anyway, the work kept coming, so I kept typing.  The DEP screen said they were working on moving the "stuck" jobs out, so I figured I would just plug along. I wrote down every job number I typed along the way. At the end of my shift, I had 17 jobs that were hanging in limbo.  I had submitted a ticket to QCare but had received no respons ...

Sitting Here NJA. CCM Says Becaue Of Spring
Apr 07, 2011

I thought most Spring Breaks were middle of March?  Are there Spring Breaks in April? ...

No Work, Not Sitting Here All Day Waiting For It Either!
Jul 04, 2012

So only 3 jobs this a.m. and obviously my accounts have no work. I have been checking all morning. Have a cookout with friends this afternoon I could be attending. E-mailed boss, but of course she must be off enjoying the holiday. I'm thinking I'm going to go ahead and enjoy my afternoon away from the computer waiting for NO JOBS? What do the rest of you do when you have no work? ...

Wonderful If Anyone Else Is Sitting Here W/o Work? I'm Sm
Aug 15, 2012

so frustrated I could just scream.  I have a dentist appt on my day off (Monday) but got a call last night that they could fit me in this morning and stupid me said no because of work and now I sit here with NOTHING and a dentist appointment on my day off.  I hope I hear from one of the several jobs I have applied to soon because this just is not working for me any more!!!!! ...

Anyone Else Worry About Sitting Too Long On This
Nov 17, 2012

articles about how bad it is for your health.  Some days I actually think I feel clots forming in my legs (probably all in my head though).  I'm looking for ways to be a healthier MT without lowering productivity.  ...

I Have Been Sitting Here For 4 Hours Waiting For
Jan 11, 2013

to connect.  I can't believe we have to sit here and check back every 15 minutes to see if DQS is back up.  What are the rest of the night crew doing?  Are you checking every 15 minutes?  It is freezing here too and I would rather be in my pj's under the covers with my cat. Sorry to vent but I am starting to feel like a ping pong ball going back and forth into DQS. ...

The Elephant In The Room Is Sitting On Me Now.
May 12, 2014

It's a sad realization that while I was a fairly decent medical transcriptionist, I am not good at editing. I made 3 critical errors in one day. I don't really have an excuse. I caught a bazillion errors as I had some pretty bad dictations yesterday but missed a lab error 50.3 instead of 50.8, a diagnosis VR typed hemangioma and it was supposed to be meningioma. There was one other stupid one. I'm not too proud to admit, I am just not cut out for this. I'm not sure if ...

Are You Sitting Next To That Blasted Beeping
Oct 12, 2014

Long dictation, and my earing are killing me already...thanks you idiot. Is there anyway to save voice files? I mean at some point I will be deaf from this job, workers comp sounds about right ...

Any Work Today? Hate Sitting Here.
Nov 26, 2009

Hate it when they say," You have to work your shift."  Then we sit and wait for 1 report, maybe 2 every hour.  Well, "I can give you another account to work on."   Account specifics only 35 to 40 pages.  OK will do that.  By the way, there is only 1 report on that account...  What a waste..... And, no, you cannot have off.  You were scheduled to work, so you have to work.... ...

I Get So Tired Of Sitting Here Waiting For Work And
Feb 06, 2012

am concerned if I quit this job I will get another with the exact same situation.  I have no clue what to do with myself sitting waiting and it makes me nervous. ...

Nothing Like Sitting Here Waiting On Work While They Keep Overloading The
Jul 09, 2013

accounts.  Gets extremely tiring.  How do you deal with this.  I complain but it does no good.  Not much sense going elsewhere I guess because it is all the same.  ...

I'm Tempted To Ask To Be Laid Off! I Am Steaming Right Now Sitting Here With No Work AGAIN! Sm
Jan 29, 2014

A week and a half of this and not getting better.  Emails about new quality standards and as I will be transitioning into fluency I will be making below minimum wage which is not going to cut it for my bills.  How is this legal???  No work during shift, complicated procedures which take up MY unpaid time to try and figure out, unrealistic standards when there is work, having to meet an hourly production minimum but get a massive paycut if you need help.  UGH! I'm picturi ...

On The Lateral View, The Patella Is Sitting In A S/l Alta Position.
Jan 23, 2010

x ...

After Sitting Here For Several Hours With No Work, Gotta Love The Ad For SoftScript. Sm
Jan 03, 2011

It states, "Most important plenty of work. We do all we can to assure you will stay busy your entire shift. NO waiting or praying for work to come." I guess today and the last 2 months have been my imagination.  ...

TransTech Oncology - Sitting And Waiting For Work To Come In For Weeks
Jan 05, 2013

I am an oncology MT with TransTech and have been sitting and waiting for work to come in for weeks.   In the last 2 weeks, I have had about 16 hours worth of work.  I'm worrying about how I am going to pay my bills.  Then I come to this site and see that TransTech is once again advertising for Oncology MTs.  This makes me SO ANGRY!!!  Why would a company do this?  Why advertise jobs when their current employees have no work at all??   ...

Sitting Here Waiting On Work! I Have Only Worked For 1 Hour Today!
Jan 29, 2014

After The Fluency Upgrade Do You Ever Find Yourself Just Sitting There Waiting For The Report To Upl
Feb 09, 2015

I Get So Tired Of Waiting On Work. It Actually Makes Me Nervous Sitting By This Computer
Jun 05, 2014

waiting on reports.  Not sure how to handle this.  I am looking for other work but no luck so far.  Do others find this mentally stressful babysitting your computer. ...

CMT Required Now?
Sep 19, 2011

So, if one is looking for a different MTSO employer, what's the competition like?  Is CMT pretty much a given now?  I mean, do I have to find the funds to pay for that and get the title just to be part of the competition?  NEED ADVISE PLEASE ...

I Wonder Why CCM's Are Not Required To Be MTs??
Jul 23, 2012

Very, very difficulty to listen to her prattle on about the importance of audits and quality when she could not begin to do what I do.  I can take it from the corporate suits who run this company because after all, they are NOT in the business of transcription, they are in the business of technology and we MTs are only in their ways and a very hard to swallow means to an end or at least to India..but I would hope that the person who DIRECTLY supervises me and MY work should know how to perf ...

No Testing Required
Aug 05, 2010

Does anyone know of any companies that don't require testing to be hired? ...

Job Required Purchases
Aug 28, 2010

I need to buy a medical spell checker and the Quick Look Drug Book.  I'm planning to buy them both from Stedman's.    Does anyone know of a better place to buy the items. Also, should I get the CD Rom, or am I okay with the downloads?   Thanks for any help. ...

Certification Required?
Jan 04, 2011

Do I have to be certified to do medical transcription? Do companies hire without it? ...

Ok, Please Help Me Understand The Required EMR
Jul 14, 2011

I've started trying to understand it.  I see lots of software programs out there that supposedly handle this.  But if there are multiple programs, how does all the various work put into these programs end up in ONE (!?) place where a persons medical record can be accessed by any medical professional?  Or is my understanding already flawed?  Will those MDs, or whoever, that choose to continue the narrative dictation (vs point and click or fill in the blanks) can they con ...

Are You Required To Take Full 8 Hrs PTO For A Day Off?
Jun 08, 2012

s ...

Required Classes
Mar 28, 2013

I am furious. Now, we are required to take classes on our own time without being reimbursed. What nerve. ...