A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I'm getting bed sores from sitting at my computer... - Sims

Posted: Feb 12, 2010

waiting for any work to trickle in. I wish I knew where it was going. Gotta find a new line of work after 20 years of MT. So sad...

It's the holidays! It's the weather! It's the Stock Market! It's the Full Moo - MTSO Suit

[ In Reply To ..]
Now, get back to work. What, there isn't any? Well, sit in your chair, Missy, and WAIT FOR IT. Hey, you have nothing better to do, anyway, right?

Thanks. I needed a laugh. - Sims

[ In Reply To ..]

And I'm getting them from working too much OT.... - Webmdx Worker!

[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't seen this much work in a long time.

More like Webmdx SUIT. nm - MTSO Suit

[ In Reply To ..]
See you on the green this weekend!

Why is everyone with an opposing POV a suit? - No suit here

[ In Reply To ..]
Really. Some of us who are not suits and are just regular daily grind MTs actually do have more work than we can handle. Why is it, though, that when ever anyone posts anything along those lines or anything that doesn't correspond with the Negative Nancy "oh the big, bad MTSO's are out to get all of us" line, we're accused of being a suit.

Grow up. This profession still works quite well for some of us.
I agree with No suit here. I have plenty of work too (different company). - Quit point the finger, tiresome and serves no purp
[ In Reply To ..]
no message
Agree - Not Webmdxer
[ In Reply To ..]
Ample work on my account; in fact, had over 5000 incentive lines last period on top of daily quantity bonuses.

The work is out there; my MTSO just landed 2-3 huge accounts. I suspect some of the MTSOs are losing accounts and, therefore, the lack of work.

JMO.

Not true - Lots of work here

[ In Reply To ..]
I also work at Webmedx and am VERY happy with the loads of work we've had (and OT), especially after the bad summer we had with work being scarce.

Not a suit here either...just a busy MT.

No, you'll see me at my DESK MAKING MONEY. SM - NOT A SUIT

[ In Reply To ..]
So anyone who is HAPPY is automatically a suit? There is so much work right now on Webmedx, if you don't have enough it must be YOU.
But in 2 weeks there could be none and/sm - websta
[ In Reply To ..]
I am not lying when saying that. The workload at this company is always at one extreme or another. So I guess you have to work 60 hours one week and use what little PTO time you have the week after.

I think people are leaving, I'm planning to. nm - Hopefully ex-W

[ In Reply To ..]
say a prayer I need to leave there.

Why - are you leaving

[ In Reply To ..]
Is it really that bad there?
For a newer person, I guess it's not that bad sm - Hopefully ex-W
[ In Reply To ..]
but I've been here for a long time and I've seen the company really go downhill, especially in the past 1-2 years. The work is feast or famine, when there is no work they couldn't care less about me, but when there is work they are harassing me outside of my schedule to do it.

The VR is horrible. We used to have pretty good health insurance, not now. The accounts I have are all overflow and the work fluctuates too much.

I have tested and interviewed with 2 other companies and if either one comes through with a job I'm taking it.
I disagree - I've been here abt 9 yrs and have seen many changes. sm - Snickers
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, our insurance is not as good and costs more, some meds not covered any more; but that is the fault of the INSURANCE company, not Webmedx. This is true in many professions, not only this one.

The VR gets better the longer it is on an account; I do not know if you are on the old version or the new one. My accounts are a mixture and I am waiting for the new VR to learn and adapt faster.

My base accounts are fairly steady, although I work on a couple of secondaries that are overflow. That does make it more difficult.

Webmedx is better than a lot of companies I've been at before but of coure you are going to find some MTs who are not happy there. That is true wherever you go. Good luck in your hunt.
Can you give an example of meds that aren't covered with WMX? - I am making decisions about job offers. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
They praise us but keep fixing what is not broken - corporate greed at Wx
[ In Reply To ..]
Our latest newsletter brags about how wonderful we are. On the next page they try to indoctrinate us into the borg (VR). And try to distract us with weight loss contests (most of us are so worried about our income our weight is NOT our priority at the moment)! If we are so wonderful, and doing so great, and making so much money, WHY does it have to change? Oh, that's right. A suit needs a new condo on Maui, so let's cut all those "remakable" team members wages in half - but somehow our quality and TAT will never change no matter how low we are paid?!?!? Pat us with one hand, slap us with the other. All these changes aren't necessary for anyone but the greedy. They are ruining this company from within - taking away everything that gives us an incentive to remain "remarkable"! That's why we're leaving - enough is enough!
The funniest thing is you cannot feed yourself SM - generic MT
[ In Reply To ..]
anything but highly processed, less than healthy food on our smaller wages. Forget those fresh fruits and vegetables, head for the boxes of mac and cheese.
You are right, plus the constant stress of low money - both add to health problems
[ In Reply To ..]
Besides, if they care about our health, why, during an overtime binge, do they think its OK beg us to work 12 hour days and call us in on our days off? And cut down our insurance benefits while making them more costly? They think a bunch of cheap little items will make up for conning us into reporting every possible symptom to the insurance company to aid them in future claim denials? No matter what propaganda comes out of their mouths, actions speak louder than words! They are hypocrites.
I agree. No way am I signing up for the BCBS thing SM - OBSERVER
[ In Reply To ..]
because all it does is collect information. It does not enhance our coverage in the least.

I definitely did not hear Webmedx announcing that they were going to kick in more money to offset our increased cost. If they had, they would have shouted it from the rooftops.

As usual, they start looking around in November and were not proactive in trying to start earlier, knowing the premiums go up every year.

Hey Web, you want to improve the health of your employees? Promote balance between work and personal life. Lessen the stress of our work life by not putting us on part time or taking away our benefits if we aren't making line count. Give us more vacation time every year so we can refresh ourselves.
Did you ever think of it this way? - LOL
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm certainly NOT laughing at your situation but at the irony of wages being so low one can barely afford to buy food, yet they're encouraging weight loss amongst employees.

It's almost like they figure if subliminally they can get you to BELIEVE you're eating less because you CHOOSE to, you won't notice it's not really because you can't AFFORD to.

Crazy, lol!

WMX software - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Can any WMX MTs tell me if the software (enterprise) is problematic to use?

Do you mean chair sores - heeheehee

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Might as well be the bed; sometimes not worth getting up for! - Sims

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

I Get So Tired Of Waiting On Work. It Actually Makes Me Nervous Sitting By This Computer
Jun 05, 2014

waiting on reports.  Not sure how to handle this.  I am looking for other work but no luck so far.  Do others find this mentally stressful babysitting your computer. ...

Constant Sitting
Jan 29, 2015

With MM's restrictions on pretty much everything, how often does everybody get up to take a break?  Previously I could get up and stretch, walk away for a few minutes before downloading the next job, but now I get reprimanded for inactive time.  How long do you work before standing up?  Do you stand and work at the same time sometimes.  I have severe RLS and to top that off my chair is like sitting on a brick.  Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks! ...

For Anyone Sitting With Jobs That Won't Upload
Sep 26, 2010

I logged in at 10 a.m. EST and worked my entire shift.  I got NJA a few times, so didn't do as many jobs as normal (straight typing only). Anyway, the work kept coming, so I kept typing.  The DEP screen said they were working on moving the "stuck" jobs out, so I figured I would just plug along. I wrote down every job number I typed along the way. At the end of my shift, I had 17 jobs that were hanging in limbo.  I had submitted a ticket to QCare but had received no respons ...

Sitting Here NJA. CCM Says Becaue Of Spring
Apr 07, 2011

I thought most Spring Breaks were middle of March?  Are there Spring Breaks in April? ...

No Work, Not Sitting Here All Day Waiting For It Either!
Jul 04, 2012

So only 3 jobs this a.m. and obviously my accounts have no work. I have been checking all morning. Have a cookout with friends this afternoon I could be attending. E-mailed boss, but of course she must be off enjoying the holiday. I'm thinking I'm going to go ahead and enjoy my afternoon away from the computer waiting for NO JOBS? What do the rest of you do when you have no work? ...

Wonderful If Anyone Else Is Sitting Here W/o Work? I'm Sm
Aug 15, 2012

so frustrated I could just scream.  I have a dentist appt on my day off (Monday) but got a call last night that they could fit me in this morning and stupid me said no because of work and now I sit here with NOTHING and a dentist appointment on my day off.  I hope I hear from one of the several jobs I have applied to soon because this just is not working for me any more!!!!! ...

Anyone Else Worry About Sitting Too Long On This
Nov 17, 2012

articles about how bad it is for your health.  Some days I actually think I feel clots forming in my legs (probably all in my head though).  I'm looking for ways to be a healthier MT without lowering productivity.  ...

Great. Sitting Here With NJA Already, Yet They Required Most Of Us
Dec 24, 2012

in my group to work Christmas.  Why do they ruin our Christmases when they know there's no work?!  Bunch of grinches.... ...

I Have Been Sitting Here For 4 Hours Waiting For
Jan 11, 2013

to connect.  I can't believe we have to sit here and check back every 15 minutes to see if DQS is back up.  What are the rest of the night crew doing?  Are you checking every 15 minutes?  It is freezing here too and I would rather be in my pj's under the covers with my cat. Sorry to vent but I am starting to feel like a ping pong ball going back and forth into DQS. ...

The Elephant In The Room Is Sitting On Me Now.
May 12, 2014

It's a sad realization that while I was a fairly decent medical transcriptionist, I am not good at editing. I made 3 critical errors in one day. I don't really have an excuse. I caught a bazillion errors as I had some pretty bad dictations yesterday but missed a lab error 50.3 instead of 50.8, a diagnosis VR typed hemangioma and it was supposed to be meningioma. There was one other stupid one. I'm not too proud to admit, I am just not cut out for this. I'm not sure if ...

Are You Sitting Next To That Blasted Beeping
Oct 12, 2014

Long dictation, and my earing are killing me already...thanks you idiot. Is there anyway to save voice files? I mean at some point I will be deaf from this job, workers comp sounds about right ...

Any Work Today? Hate Sitting Here.
Nov 26, 2009

Hate it when they say," You have to work your shift."  Then we sit and wait for 1 report, maybe 2 every hour.  Well, "I can give you another account to work on."   Account specifics only 35 to 40 pages.  OK will do that.  By the way, there is only 1 report on that account...  What a waste..... And, no, you cannot have off.  You were scheduled to work, so you have to work.... ...

I Get So Tired Of Sitting Here Waiting For Work And
Feb 06, 2012

am concerned if I quit this job I will get another with the exact same situation.  I have no clue what to do with myself sitting waiting and it makes me nervous. ...

Nothing Like Sitting Here Waiting On Work While They Keep Overloading The
Jul 09, 2013

accounts.  Gets extremely tiring.  How do you deal with this.  I complain but it does no good.  Not much sense going elsewhere I guess because it is all the same.  ...

Webmedx - Company Computer Versus Own Computer?
Feb 04, 2010

I read that Medmedx supplies computers but you can only have Cable or DSL connection.   I live in an area where I cannot get cable or DSL.  I have a wireless connection.   My question is, do they allow you to use our own computers?   Thanks for your time and have a great day? ...

Own Personal Computer Versus MQ Supplied Computer?
Jul 18, 2011

The reason I ask this question is for my internet I have a USB modem.  Do the computers supplied by Q have any extra USB ports so I can plug my Verizon in there? Thanks! ...

Change From Company-provided Computer To Own Computer
Aug 04, 2011

I am in the process of transitioning jobs and will be going from a company-provided computer to my own.  Any suggestions on what software programs are needed, virus protection, word expanders, line counting, and hardware like foot pedal?  The hospital I am looking into will be using Microsoft Word.  Any comments on whether this is a good program or not to transcribe on?  Any tips?  I have been with the same company for 15 years, so have been out of the loop and need ...

I'm Tempted To Ask To Be Laid Off! I Am Steaming Right Now Sitting Here With No Work AGAIN! Sm
Jan 29, 2014

A week and a half of this and not getting better.  Emails about new quality standards and as I will be transitioning into fluency I will be making below minimum wage which is not going to cut it for my bills.  How is this legal???  No work during shift, complicated procedures which take up MY unpaid time to try and figure out, unrealistic standards when there is work, having to meet an hourly production minimum but get a massive paycut if you need help.  UGH! I'm picturi ...

On The Lateral View, The Patella Is Sitting In A S/l Alta Position.
Jan 23, 2010

x ...

After Sitting Here For Several Hours With No Work, Gotta Love The Ad For SoftScript. Sm
Jan 03, 2011

It states, "Most important plenty of work. We do all we can to assure you will stay busy your entire shift. NO waiting or praying for work to come." I guess today and the last 2 months have been my imagination.  ...

TransTech Oncology - Sitting And Waiting For Work To Come In For Weeks
Jan 05, 2013

I am an oncology MT with TransTech and have been sitting and waiting for work to come in for weeks.   In the last 2 weeks, I have had about 16 hours worth of work.  I'm worrying about how I am going to pay my bills.  Then I come to this site and see that TransTech is once again advertising for Oncology MTs.  This makes me SO ANGRY!!!  Why would a company do this?  Why advertise jobs when their current employees have no work at all??   ...

Sitting Here Waiting On Work! I Have Only Worked For 1 Hour Today!
Jan 29, 2014

After The Fluency Upgrade Do You Ever Find Yourself Just Sitting There Waiting For The Report To Upl
Feb 09, 2015

Shesh. Been Sitting Here 6 Hours For 3-1/2 Hours Of Work.
Apr 17, 2013

Somehow, I think we should be getting paid for the time we are waiting between jobs, especially since the wait isn't fitting into the 15-minute wait period. - Of course, waiting put under work availability. ...

Need New Computer
Dec 26, 2009

I need a new computer however I need to have XP for EXText.  Wondering which way I should go--- Dual boot or have 2 separate hard drives, one for XP and the other for Windows 7 Professional?  Any advice? ...

Mq Computer
May 10, 2010

I leave my computer up and running all the time.  In the past week every morning I am having to reboot because I get an error saying "insufficient system resources to perform this action."  As soon as it finally reboots, then everything is fine, I can log onto DQS and type all day with no problems.  Then it sits again all night, and the same thing happens the next morning. Does anyone know what the problem might be?  Tech support has already increased the virtual memory capa ...

How Many Of You Use Your MQ Computer...
May 17, 2010

for other things besides work such as another job, internet shopping, banking, facebook, etc.? ...

Help - New Computer
Aug 19, 2010

I got a new computer today and when my first job comes up the ADT info is at the top of the page.  Can you tell me how to get it off.  Also how to I make the print on my screen larger?  TIA ...

Computer Age VS 6.1
Sep 10, 2010

I was just wondering how old some computers are that are having problems with 6.1 and if there are people with newer computers that handles it better.  Mine is a MQ computer that is 4 years old now and it bogs down quite a bit.  Everything is sluggish now.  I do have 1 GB of ram and 1.84 GHz, so 6.1 shouldn't take a toll on it as bad as it is.  I'm just wondering if I should ask the Q for an upgrade, if that is the problem.  Knowing the RAM and proces ...

Help MQ Computer
Sep 16, 2010

Need help! I don't use an MQ computer, since they don't want you to put anything personal on it, and most of my life, including banking, is on my computer.   My 4-year-old computer crashed and is in the shop for a couple days, and I decided maybe it's time to get a new one.  The problem is, DQS requires a 32-bit system, and so far all the new computers I've found are all Windows 7, which is 64 bits.   I also want to get a slimline, since it kills my ...