A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

turning off eScription's red box - ndmt

Posted: Nov 05, 2009

Is there a way to turn this box off? Our system is not well trained yet so there is a lot of editing required. The alt-K combination is awkward for me when having to stop every few words to correct something. I edit by forwarding my cursor through the document (like the red box does) but then there is no extra work in bringing the cursor forward to where the edit needs to made as it is already there.

Thanks for the input!

VR red box turned off, OMG - VR here

[ In Reply To ..]
Question for you. If you leave your PC for a minute and come back, how in the world would you ever know where you were? I love the red box and really never bothers me as it's just there. I don't use the keys so making corrections in mine has always been a breeze.

Red box cursor - Donna

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think there is a way to turn it off. I'm trying to learn to deal with it - it has it's pros and cons. The only way I've found to edit without the red box cursor is to install Express Scribe and use it instead of the eScription audio.

red box - 7DayMT

[ In Reply To ..]
For some reason the red box has never bothered me, but I hated the bouncing highlighter on the VR program at my former company. Very distracting. I like the function keys with Escription but they ones at the other company just made their program even slower.
Red box - lsh
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been on eScription for over a year and I didn't like the red box at first. I got used to it and now I don't even see it, really.

Similar Messages:

S/l Turning Time
Oct 02, 2014

transcribing an operative report for an ankle fracture.  Heading sounds like "turning time" "54 minutes" ...

Turning Off Auto Correct
Sep 24, 2010

Can someone please tell me how to turn off Auto Correct. Will be starting a new job Monday and using SH, not Auto Correct.  Thanks! ...

Turning Display Back On
Aug 28, 2011

I accidentally turned off the display where it shows the demographic info and the job type, etc. when you're in the doc.  Could somebody please tell me how to turn it back on.  Looked in help and could not find it.  Thank you.  ...

Turning Off Skin Markers
Dec 07, 2011

anyone remember how to turn off skip markers? ...

Topics Turning Purple
Mar 14, 2012

I know this really isn't important, but it's driving me nuts!! Whenever I used to click on a topic, it would turn purple and stay purple. However, it stopped doing that a few days ago and stays blue now. Can someone please help me stay purple again? LOL ...

Messages Not Turning Purple
Mar 17, 2012

The messages stopped turning purple after I click on them. How can I get them to stay purple. I asked this the other day, and someone was kind enough to tell me to delete cookies, which I did, but the messages are still staying blue. I have Internet Explorer 9. Any other help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! :o) ...

Turning In My Resignation, What Should I Say? Nice Or Nasty. NM
Dec 09, 2014

xx ...

Update On Turning In Company Designating Employees As ICs.LM
Apr 30, 2010

I'll say one thing - no wonder the MT industry is upside down.  For crying out loud, IRS referred me to DOL.  DOL referred me back to IRS.  When I persisted in wanting an answer from the DOL, I was told she would "have to talk to her supervisor to see if it was worth pursuing this issue."  I've not heard back.  I guess if I were a bigwig politician, I might actually get some attention to this matter.  It just amazes me that nobody seems to want to be respo ...

Turning Up The Volume - Nuance - Enterpise Platform
Apr 05, 2012

Curious if anyone knows a way to adjust the volume on the Enterprise platform?  For some reason I cannot hear some dictations very well and would love to turn up the volume  :)    ...

It May Be People Like Turning Worm Who Caused MQ To React And Lay Off For Fear Sm
Apr 04, 2013

of a possible class action lawsuit. If you started taking things to the Labor Board you can bet MQ will be forced to let go of people. I'm not saying MM is not to blame because I DO believe they are sending 80% of the work to India for cheap labor and to avoid excessive taxes. They have a right to do that. MM provided work to American workers to provide some with jobs, not to make a profit. It's expensive to employ American MTs thanks to the US Govt, but that's for another day.&nb ...

Escription VR
Mar 23, 2010

Is this platform good/bad/indifferent.  I have used ExSpeech which was a horrible platform.  Just wondering what is an average line count/hour that you can get on this platform.  I know there are a lot of variables, but a "ball park" idea would be great!   Thanks, ...

Anyone Is Using EScription Out There
Jun 17, 2011

Hey, I am curious as to whether anyone is using eScription out there.  If so, for what company and do you like it?  Thanks for your help! ...

Does Anyone Else Use Escription?
Jan 28, 2011

Does anyone else use escription? If so, how do you get the line count? ...

Is 3.7 Cpl Okay For EScription?
Aug 24, 2012

I have no choice but to accept because the rug has been pulled from under me and my fellow co-workers.  Hospital outsourced to a transcription company and 0.37 cpl is what they are offering us using eScription. ...

New To Escription.
Feb 16, 2013

I am new to escription and start with my new job on Tuesday.  Is there any advice beforehand?  I really need a job at home right now or I wouldn't even give VR a second look.  But because it is what it is I was wondering if anyone could give me pointers?  Thanks. ...

Escription ....
May 08, 2013

Hi there! I posted a while back b/c i was a bit nervous after 20 years going to voice rec. Its only been a week now and i really REALLY love it.  I enjoy it. Okay shoot me now I konw most of you hate it. Anyway, I remember when i started a regular transcriptiion job a few years ago and i had to get used to an entirely new system, i was going so incredibly slow i never thought id be able to make a living with all the little bits and details. But it worked out fine and i eventually got it down ...

Qa On Escription
Sep 06, 2014

Does anyone who does QA on escription/editscript know how to get their counts? I know MTs get their line count through the transcription metrics, is it the same for QA? Thank you, freesf   ...

TTS Escription
Jan 25, 2015

For a company with technology in its name, I find this platform sorely lacking. Constantly having to correct capitals I don't want when I take out a period, it not putting a macro over what I want to change and all this backing up and retyping to change stuff or get a macro to work where I want it is driving me crazy (I know, short trip) and wasting a lot of time.   Don't they have any engineers or programmers who can get around this?  Guess I just got spoiled at Precyse; mac ...

Escription V11 Help
Mar 05, 2015

Anyone on this platform, please tell me it gets better. I spent 2-1/2 hours and got absolutely nothing done. Demographics locked up completely and I had to X out, sending the work back to pool. Tried to upload, but kept telling me to confirm demographics which I did, then demographics header grayed out completely, then tried to upload, and again message to confirm demographics, which had been confirmed and were now locked up and grayed out. The entire platform seems just plain overwhelming wit ...

How Much Does TTS Pay On EScription?
Mar 24, 2015

Thanks in advance for any information.  ...

Does Anyone Know Of All The Companies That Use Escription?
Oct 12, 2009

nm ...

New To VR/EditScript/Escription
Oct 25, 2009

After 40 years on the job and getting tired of typing, when out of a job this last time (there have been so many times of late because of ...well most of you already know how goes it with our profession), I decided to just go for what seems to be taking over transcription anyway.  Thanks to this board and all the talk about the different platforms, I took a job with a company that uses EditScript, and I am thrilled.  In those 40 years, I have had to do a lot of proofreading as a super ...

I'm Back With More ?? For Escription
Nov 12, 2009

I have now been doing EditScript for a month now and my lines are still horrific. I've read the manual over and over and still have the below questions. I'm only doing 1/4 of what I used to do and it hurts. 1.  I have to minimize and maximize my screen to see more than 10-14 lines. Anyone else have this problem? I think it has something to do with the header because if I change something in the header, I have to minimize and maximize again. 2.  I follow the red bo ...

Escription/editscript/qc
Nov 22, 2009

I posted this on the company board but this might be a better place...I work at FocusInfomatics...QC..just started not that long ago.  Many years of experience with editing, QA, MT, etc.  I'm new to VR. I would love to hear what to expect for production as right now...it's not so good.  I understand variables, etc.  My work load is very low right now but that is supposedly going to change soon.  With QCing everything to sound, can someone tell me what they ...

Escription - What Companies Use It?
Nov 29, 2009

What companies use Escription? I love it, but only get to use it part time where I am. ...

Any Info About EScription?
Dec 31, 2009

I currently work at Focus Infomatics in the NetCare platform doing regular MT and VR work.  I just got switched over to working QC on their eScription platform, which I'm really excited about.  I did one training course for it (to start out in regular MT, but will have to do another training course for QC after I get used to everying on the platform) but I haven't started yet.  The one training course really made it seem easy to learn and much mo ...

Tech Help With Escription
Jan 06, 2010

What are your computer specs? DH brought up a good question tonight. I have recently moved from my old faithful with 80 MB hard drive with 512 memory to 380 GB hard drive with 3 MB memory. i have had nothing but problems with Escription and not making my lines. I can't just use the shortcut keys and I can't use my expander. DH stated maybe I don't have what I need in the computer to make things work correctly (this coming from someone who never touched one in his life!).&nbs ...

Do All Companies Pay 4 Cpl For Escription? Seems
Feb 06, 2010

nm ...

Chartnet/Escription
Feb 23, 2010

Anyone out there that has used both platforms and has a preference.   Thanks so much. ...

Escription/Editscript
Feb 24, 2010

I am starting a new job that uses Escription and Editscript.  I use Shorthand as an expander and Spellex as my medical dictionary.  Does anyone know if these will function correctly in those programs? Thanks! ...