A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

New to VR/EditScript/Escription - TexMT

Posted: Oct 25, 2009

After 40 years on the job and getting tired of typing, when out of a job this last time (there have been so many times of late because of ...well most of you already know how goes it with our profession), I decided to just go for what seems to be taking over transcription anyway. 

Thanks to this board and all the talk about the different platforms, I took a job with a company that uses EditScript, and I am thrilled.  In those 40 years, I have had to do a lot of proofreading as a supervisor, QA monitor, and teacher (my own MTSO) that I am already used to doing that kind of work.

So, once again, I am so glad and grateful to all who posted their great experiences with Escription/EditScript, because after 22 hours on the job, I am already editing over 400 lines an hour, and I am listening to every word, and I am being meticulous about punctuation (sometimes/most times that comma separating the two complete sentences joined by a conjunction is just not there, but I put it in) and correcting the lists (usually misses one or two entries and adds them to an already-numbered item).

I took too long resisting Word for Windows and held onto PRD and WordPerfect 5.1 way too long.  Learned my lesson there, so took the plunge.  So far, I am having a terrific and rewarding experience.  Got to keep my hands, shoulders, fingers, and wrists going for some time to come. 

I prefer SR - flyingH

[ In Reply To ..]
I prefer it to all of that endless typing. However, I don't edit as heavily as you do. 400 lines? Geez. I would need a psychiatric ward post shift.

Be well!

VR and you - VR gal

[ In Reply To ..]
So glad you took the plunge and everything worked out well for you. I took the plunge to VR four years ago after having so much pain and discomfort in the hands and wrists, and I am glad I did. I'll never go back to straight typing. Good luck and keep up the 400 lph. That is a great speed!

Seems like too much editing on your part - VR lover

[ In Reply To ..]
Could be just your company but when I went on VR several years ago, the rules for the hospital were loosened it seems. I try to listen and hear when a comma is needed but I do not think anything counted off if not in proper position, heavens no. Like you, I listen closely to each and every word. Words that look like they fit sometimes spelled completely different and if you are not paying close attention, you might miss. I never had problems with hands, back, etc. in the 35+ years I have been doing this type of work but I love my VR. Now if they could only figure out how to get the ESLs to quit crowding the airways, we would be ok.

Thanks for a happy, and very nice, message, TexMT. - MissIndigo

[ In Reply To ..]
It's good to hear you're doing so well. Regarding, "over" editing, some of us just have to do it. :) I suggested some expander tips in another thread today that can help "over" edit faster, although with your speed it sounds like you may already be there. Short version: Make macros for all those little corrections and give them short names so you can drop them in on the fly. Have fun!

Similar Messages:

Escription/editscript/qc
Nov 22, 2009

I posted this on the company board but this might be a better place...I work at FocusInfomatics...QC..just started not that long ago.  Many years of experience with editing, QA, MT, etc.  I'm new to VR. I would love to hear what to expect for production as right now...it's not so good.  I understand variables, etc.  My work load is very low right now but that is supposedly going to change soon.  With QCing everything to sound, can someone tell me what they ...

Escription/Editscript
Feb 24, 2010

I am starting a new job that uses Escription and Editscript.  I use Shorthand as an expander and Spellex as my medical dictionary.  Does anyone know if these will function correctly in those programs? Thanks! ...

Are EScription And EditScript The Same Thing? Are
Oct 27, 2009

those the best VR programs, or is there a better one out there?  Which companies use this program?  TIA! ...

Escription/EditScript And Vmware
Aug 10, 2011

Does anyone know if EditScript can be run using VMware? I hate using 2 different computers to work and I would love, love to be able to install a virtual copy of Windows 7 or XP on my Vista computer. I did some online research and found an article back in 2009 that said it does NOT, but was wondering if anyone has had any recent experience?? TIA. ...

Escription/EditScript Question
Jan 15, 2012

For anyone who is familiar with EditScript, are employers able to view who is logged on, how long you've been idle, etc? ...

EScription EditScript 9 Alt L Function
Dec 04, 2012

I must hit alt L 20 times a day instead of  alt K.  Seems like I do it when I'm in front of a word like "in" or "the" - you know, something that is in a document 1000 times....  I usually do alt z to undo it, but once that is done, the red box no longer works until it gets to the last occurrence of the word alt z corrected.  How do I disable the alt L function?  Is there a line to remove from a macro? ...

EScription, EditScript And EMON
May 22, 2014

Hello.  Does anyone know if you can see your work queue through EditScript, or do you have to have access to EMON?  Thanks! ...

Question About EditScript (escription)
Apr 30, 2015

I was assigned to a third account years ago that was escription.  My primary is a totally different platform.  As I didn't get to my third account very often, I eventually stopped going there altogther as I wasn't retaining the platform very well.  My question:  Isn't the abbreviation/macro system within escription in Word?  What is it called and does anyone know how I can look for that file on my computer to take with me to new job?    Thanks ...

Does EditScript/eScription Have Its Own Word Expander Such As ESP Does In
May 17, 2010

Making the switch soon.  I am soooo dependent on my ESP, I can't imagine working without it.  Help! ...

EScription EditScript And Sylvan ShortCut
Aug 16, 2011

I just started an account using EditScript today and I can't seem to get my Sylvan ShortCut program to work with it.  It works sometimes and not others and very slowly, showing one letter at a time.  I already tried excluding it from my Avast antivirus (I think I did it right) and it seemed better for a minute and then right back to the same thing.  I ended up closing it and working without it, but I can't do that all the time or my production will suck.  Has anyone ...

Any Other Escription/EditScript Users Notice This???
Mar 17, 2014

Most of you know who I work for (Acusis).  I've never really paid much attention to lines on my timesheet cause I had always reached my daily goal in ES.  I do work 10 pm to 2 am so I realize my count may overlap into the next day.  However, I 'really' noticed for this past pay period, that the timesheet counts(which are uploaded by my supervisor which she gets from the client) were off from what ES had(I logged in and checked each day for the past pay period) to th ...

Text Expander Best With EScription / EditScript ?
May 17, 2014

Which text expander is easy to use and works best with eScription/EditScript? ...

Editscript - How To Check My Line Count In Editscript? 
May 18, 2013

Can anybody tell me how to check my line count in Editscript?  ...

Any Difference In EditScript MT 9 And EditScript MT 9.12?
Dec 29, 2011

Does anyone know if there is any difference in EditScript MT 9 and EditScript MT 9.12?  If there is, how can we update this? It seems that my new place of employments line counting is not the same as my old place of employment.  New employer has EditScript 9, while my old work had EditScript 9.12, and my line count was much more at my previous employer.  Now it seems I can put out tons of work and see not much for lines...  Very frustrating. When questioning my employer now, they say t ...

New To EditScript
Jan 26, 2010

Hi All.... I was just hired by an MT company that uses EditScript. This is a brand new experience for me as my previous MT job did not use this platform.  I've been studying the user manual and specs, but am nervous about starting tonight.  I'll be starting out with 10 reports.  I know it will be "SLOW GOING" especially tonight. I want to do a good job, but worry about being too slow at first. Any words of advice or encouragement out there???  I could use some ...

Going To Editscript VR
Feb 12, 2010

I am going to be going to ES VR.  I have been working on Dictaphone Extext straight typing and a little VR.  I did not find VR in Dictaphone to be good.  I have done ES before, and I believe it is better.  Considering the chump change we make to do VR, do you think you are paid enough to proof your work after you have edited the report, or do you do a once over and go on to the next one?  I mean, really, with what we make, we really have to do a once over to make anythi ...

EditScript And TTS
Jun 19, 2011

Offered a job with this company on EditScript platform. I still have job with major company.  Should I make the switch.  Pay is the same but run out of work a lot where I am now. ...

IE 10 For EditScript?
Mar 24, 2013

Can we use IE 10? ...

EditScript ?
May 25, 2013

Just wondering what people think about the platform EditScript.. would love to hear opinions, pros and cons.  Is it easy to learn? Thanks.  ...

Can Anyone Help? In EditScript, How To You Get That
Dec 11, 2014

little icon you can click on to "hear silence parts of dictation rapidly" back?   TIA ...

Editscript And USB Footpedal
Nov 18, 2009

I have a VEC USB port. I cannot seem to get it to work in EditScript. I also have Express Scribe. Is there a way to get the foot pedal to work. Checked Belkin instructions, and there is no foot pedal listed in my ports. BTW, don't have Belkin so wont work anyway. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Looking At Old Reports In EditScript
Nov 27, 2009

I recently upgraded to EditscriptMT 8 from verson 6 and now find I cannot look back at old records as I used to do and check for familiar phrases, medication lists or other information.  Does anyone know how to look back at previously transcribed/edited patient records in EditscriptMT verson 8?  Thank you in advance. ...

Has Anyone Else Worked On Editscript
Nov 27, 2009

Has anyone else worked on Editscript and what do you think of it? ...

Anything Good Or Bad About Editscript?
Jan 26, 2010

Does anyone know anything good or bad about Editscript?  Do you know if it works on Windows 7? ...

Which Companies Are Currently Using EditScript?
Feb 13, 2010

Which companies are currently using EditScript? ...

Shorthand With Editscript
Mar 01, 2010

I know that if you use Autocorrect, your information needs to be transferred over into Editscript.  If you use Shorthand instead, how do you go about getting THAT information transferred over into Editscript?  Thanks!!!  ...

EditScript And Shorthand
Mar 01, 2010

How do you import Shorthand entries into EditScript?  Thanks!!! ...

Editscript VR Only 50% Accurate
Mar 05, 2010

So you get a report where the text has been typed by a computer. Then you must edit it. My sources (a large regional hospital MT Dept) tells me that the computer generated text is only 50% accurate, a far cry from what the vendors will tell the dupes at the hospitals who are buying into this junk. ...

Do All Companies Who Use EditScript Pay 4 Cpl For VR
Mar 05, 2010

nm ...

What Versions Of Editscript Are There?
May 10, 2010

Can someone enlighten me on Ediscript(Escription).  What is Editscript 8.0 and the older version.  Can someone give me some general information regarding Editscript and what is the newest version and the oldest version,etc--thanks ...