A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I'm back with more ?? for Escription - Fried

Posted: Nov 12, 2009

I have now been doing EditScript for a month now and my lines are still horrific. I've read the manual over and over and still have the below questions. I'm only doing 1/4 of what I used to do and it hurts.

1.  I have to minimize and maximize my screen to see more than 10-14 lines. Anyone else have this problem? I think it has something to do with the header because if I change something in the header, I have to minimize and maximize again.

2.  I follow the red box with the text cursor but if I need to do a period, comma, or colon, it always puts it BEFORE the word where I want this punctuation. Red cursor box and text cursor are together on the word. What am I doing wrong here?

3.  When trying to edit a word, or deleting a word, why does the red box never pick up on that word? Also, a lot of times the box turns into a straight line. Why is that?

4.  The maximize box (right upper corner of screen) is faded; i.e., can't maximum to a full screen. Anyone else?

5.  Finally, any way to get out of the habit of using keys for another editing software and how did you do it? I have a habit of using Alt+D to delete a word. That opens the 'play' window and takes the dictation back to the beginning. Now THAT is frustrating. Then, I have to minimize the screen and maximize it again because I'm back to square 1. Sometimes I can just move the play arrow to get back where I was and other times, I have to use the foot pedal in the fast forward mode.<sigh>

I seem to be the only one at my company who is having these problems. I moved to a higher RAM and hard drive, but some problems still persist.

Is it really me or is there something wrong with the program itself. Do I need to have the program removed and re-installed? 

By any chance are you using Vista on your PC - Answers

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a new computer and paid extra to have XP put on instead of Vista. I heard Vista does not work well with some computers. As far as the ALT delete, I can use perfectly well in Escription and use ctl delte to take off I think the first letter of a word and ctl delete to take off entire word at a time. I do not maximize nor minimize anything so have no answer there for you. I am thinking perhaps you have some sort of quirky thing going on with your VR. Maybe you could try to uninstall and do over. Were you able to ask anyone with your company?

I have a new computer with XP on it that I also paid extra for - Fried

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been bugging tech support for so long, they groan when I call.

I'm about ready to pack up and find another company or else retire completely. That's how frustrated I am.

It just sounds as if something not right with the platform - Answers

[ In Reply To ..]
I cannot answer about using those keys they say to use because I donĂ¢€™t but I also donĂ¢€™t have the maximizing and minimizing thing going on like you. I know I can delete 1 word or several in a row but holding down control and hitting the delete button 1, 2, 3 times quickly or the ALT delete and it takes off the first letter. I do use those keys. I think you have some bugs in the platform, sounds like. Hope you were able to get some answers on the escription site the person told you about. Good luck and hope you get your problems solved because it is a good system.

I had my supervisor disable the red box so I don't have to - ndmt

[ In Reply To ..]
figure out how it works. I just follow along with my cursor using Ctrl + right arrow key and put the punctuation where I need it. Pushing shift with this combination will highlight a word or words I need, and then I type over or delete what I need without worrying about what the red box feels like doing.

Going to C:Program FileseScriptionversion 9shortcut assigner.exe allows you to rename shortcuts. You could go into the program and delete combination assigned to play and create a new command for it. The eScription forum explains this really well. (I accidentally deleted all my shortcuts, but in adding back only the ones I use, I don't get really random stuff happening like all instances of a certain word being capitalized).

I can't help with the minimize maximize thing, but maybe someone else can. Trust me, you are not the only one having problems. :)

No problems on this end, not everyone has them - Answers

[ In Reply To ..]
l

sm - sapient

[ In Reply To ..]
1. I really have no idea. Your maximize should work. You definately should talk to your support person about that.

2. When you have the red box on the word you want to edit hit ALT+K, this will highlight the word, then hit either the left or right arrow to take your curser before or after that word to add your punctuation.

3. It turns into a straight line when you delete the word that it 'thinks' is there. So for example if the doc dictates "Dr. Cox saw this patient" and it types out "Doctor Box saw this patient" then you go and take out Doctor and Box, it no longer has the original text that it thought it was, so it will give you a straight line until you get to a point in the dictation that it 'knows' again.

5. Getting out of the habit of things is hard, but it comes with time. use CTL+Delete or CTL+Backspace to delete stuff, or when the red box is over a word you want to delete, hit ALT+K to highlight that word and hit delete or backspace.

Good luck.

Whoa! that sounds like a lot of work for a penny - mte

[ In Reply To ..]
Just to take out a word, it sounds like you must do a lot of fancy fingerwork. And it doesn't sound you are compensated for that. Just what ends up on the page. What a rip off.

Let me tell you how much of a rip off it is, VR - VR here

[ In Reply To ..]
My first hour today added up to $21.04. Not a bad salary for being ripped off, huh?
Wow! Just think what you could make if you were paid for the extra work! nm - mte
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
What extra work do you speak of? - VR here
[ In Reply To ..]
Actually that was only 50 minutes worth, started 10 minutes late today. Do not know what extra work?
Are you okay? I was referring to all the keyboard functions ... - mte
[ In Reply To ..]
that must be employed to delete a word and get back to where you were in the first place. I said it sounds like a lot of uncompensated work. Did you read the thread above?
I see now, I donĂ¢€™t use those. Had no idea what - you were speaking of as in
[ In Reply To ..]
extra work to do. Thanks for asking, I am fine.

Actually it's a lot LESS work SM - sapient

[ In Reply To ..]
Considering you only have to do that once or twice per line, or maybe paragraph. So instead of typing 65 characters for a line, I make one correction and have 3 keystrokes. It goes by very fast when you have your hands over those keys anyway. So yeah, if I were being paid by the line, I could go 3-4 lines without making a correction, with 3-4 keystrokes for a correction on the next line, then no corrections for another 3-4 lines. So I don't think 3-4 keystrokes per 8 lines is all that much "extra" work considering I would have had to type out every single character on those 8 lines if I were typing.

Similar Messages:

Does Anyone Ever Hear Back Anymore From Jobs Posted? In The Past I Always Heard Back Even If I Was N
Dec 10, 2012

Back To Work After Back Surgery
Aug 23, 2012

Hello, I would like to transcribe from home again. However, I HAVE to get up and walk for a few minutes at least once an hour. You see, I had to have 2 back surgeries in the last 18 months. I've been a transcriptionist for many years and this is my profession. Does anyone have a suggestion what to tell these companies that will hire you to work from home when you have to get up so much? The last company I tried had a "pop-up" box that appeared on my screen if you were up longer than 10 min ...

Dang It - DQS Back Up But My Job Did Not Come Back To Me.
Mar 31, 2011

. ...

I'm Back...I'm Back In The Saddle Again!!!!
Jul 02, 2014

Back to being an MT, and yes, I am excited about that. ...

Escription VR
Mar 23, 2010

Is this platform good/bad/indifferent.  I have used ExSpeech which was a horrible platform.  Just wondering what is an average line count/hour that you can get on this platform.  I know there are a lot of variables, but a "ball park" idea would be great!   Thanks, ...

Anyone Is Using EScription Out There
Jun 17, 2011

Hey, I am curious as to whether anyone is using eScription out there.  If so, for what company and do you like it?  Thanks for your help! ...

Does Anyone Else Use Escription?
Jan 28, 2011

Does anyone else use escription? If so, how do you get the line count? ...

Is 3.7 Cpl Okay For EScription?
Aug 24, 2012

I have no choice but to accept because the rug has been pulled from under me and my fellow co-workers.  Hospital outsourced to a transcription company and 0.37 cpl is what they are offering us using eScription. ...

New To Escription.
Feb 16, 2013

I am new to escription and start with my new job on Tuesday.  Is there any advice beforehand?  I really need a job at home right now or I wouldn't even give VR a second look.  But because it is what it is I was wondering if anyone could give me pointers?  Thanks. ...

Escription ....
May 08, 2013

Hi there! I posted a while back b/c i was a bit nervous after 20 years going to voice rec. Its only been a week now and i really REALLY love it.  I enjoy it. Okay shoot me now I konw most of you hate it. Anyway, I remember when i started a regular transcriptiion job a few years ago and i had to get used to an entirely new system, i was going so incredibly slow i never thought id be able to make a living with all the little bits and details. But it worked out fine and i eventually got it down ...

Qa On Escription
Sep 06, 2014

Does anyone who does QA on escription/editscript know how to get their counts? I know MTs get their line count through the transcription metrics, is it the same for QA? Thank you, freesf   ...

TTS Escription
Jan 25, 2015

For a company with technology in its name, I find this platform sorely lacking. Constantly having to correct capitals I don't want when I take out a period, it not putting a macro over what I want to change and all this backing up and retyping to change stuff or get a macro to work where I want it is driving me crazy (I know, short trip) and wasting a lot of time.   Don't they have any engineers or programmers who can get around this?  Guess I just got spoiled at Precyse; mac ...

Escription V11 Help
Mar 05, 2015

Anyone on this platform, please tell me it gets better. I spent 2-1/2 hours and got absolutely nothing done. Demographics locked up completely and I had to X out, sending the work back to pool. Tried to upload, but kept telling me to confirm demographics which I did, then demographics header grayed out completely, then tried to upload, and again message to confirm demographics, which had been confirmed and were now locked up and grayed out. The entire platform seems just plain overwhelming wit ...

How Much Does TTS Pay On EScription?
Mar 24, 2015

Thanks in advance for any information.  ...

Does Anyone Know Of All The Companies That Use Escription?
Oct 12, 2009

nm ...

New To VR/EditScript/Escription
Oct 25, 2009

After 40 years on the job and getting tired of typing, when out of a job this last time (there have been so many times of late because of ...well most of you already know how goes it with our profession), I decided to just go for what seems to be taking over transcription anyway.  Thanks to this board and all the talk about the different platforms, I took a job with a company that uses EditScript, and I am thrilled.  In those 40 years, I have had to do a lot of proofreading as a super ...

Turning Off EScription's Red Box
Nov 05, 2009

Is there a way to turn this box off? Our system is not well trained yet so there is a lot of editing required. The alt-K combination is awkward for me when having to stop every few words to correct something. I edit by forwarding my cursor through the document (like the red box does) but then there is no extra work in bringing the cursor forward to where the edit needs to made as it is already there. Thanks for the input! ...

Escription/editscript/qc
Nov 22, 2009

I posted this on the company board but this might be a better place...I work at FocusInfomatics...QC..just started not that long ago.  Many years of experience with editing, QA, MT, etc.  I'm new to VR. I would love to hear what to expect for production as right now...it's not so good.  I understand variables, etc.  My work load is very low right now but that is supposedly going to change soon.  With QCing everything to sound, can someone tell me what they ...

Escription - What Companies Use It?
Nov 29, 2009

What companies use Escription? I love it, but only get to use it part time where I am. ...

Any Info About EScription?
Dec 31, 2009

I currently work at Focus Infomatics in the NetCare platform doing regular MT and VR work.  I just got switched over to working QC on their eScription platform, which I'm really excited about.  I did one training course for it (to start out in regular MT, but will have to do another training course for QC after I get used to everying on the platform) but I haven't started yet.  The one training course really made it seem easy to learn and much mo ...

Tech Help With Escription
Jan 06, 2010

What are your computer specs? DH brought up a good question tonight. I have recently moved from my old faithful with 80 MB hard drive with 512 memory to 380 GB hard drive with 3 MB memory. i have had nothing but problems with Escription and not making my lines. I can't just use the shortcut keys and I can't use my expander. DH stated maybe I don't have what I need in the computer to make things work correctly (this coming from someone who never touched one in his life!).&nbs ...

Do All Companies Pay 4 Cpl For Escription? Seems
Feb 06, 2010

nm ...

Chartnet/Escription
Feb 23, 2010

Anyone out there that has used both platforms and has a preference.   Thanks so much. ...

Escription/Editscript
Feb 24, 2010

I am starting a new job that uses Escription and Editscript.  I use Shorthand as an expander and Spellex as my medical dictionary.  Does anyone know if these will function correctly in those programs? Thanks! ...

EScription - Austin, TX
Mar 15, 2010

Does anyone know which company has the eScription account for the St. David's system in Austin, Tx? ...

Old Escription Files
Apr 14, 2010

Can anyone tell me how to bring up old patient files on Escription/EditScript using version 8?  My company just upgraded from version 6 becasue it is not being supported anymore.  There are some changes between the two versions.  They did not give any directions, just said you need to upgrade, so do this.  I would really love to be able to go back and check things sometimes such as medications and previous diagnoses to make sure I hear them correctly, particularly when the sp ...

Escription Shortcut Help?
Apr 30, 2010

I have been on the job 2 weeks and my TL went into early labor and obviously is unavailable and trying to get help is close to impossible.  Do anyone out there have the shortcut keys for Escription platform, the newer version or old version.  Heck, anything right now would help me out---Thank you all so much ...

Which Companies Use EScription?
Jun 15, 2010

I would like to know if anyone has a list of what companies use eScription/EditScript.  Thanks! ...

Question On Escription
Aug 24, 2010

Hi, I am curious to find out everyone's opinion on the Escription platform as far as production, ease of use, etc.  I have been offered a position and would be using Escription on a mostly speech rec account at .05 cpl, along with incentives.  Is that a good rate for Escription?  I have heard it's the best platform and would like to know what people typically average on their lines per hour, along with how long the learning curve typically is.  Thanks for any info y ...

Anyone Work On EScription - Sm
Oct 16, 2010

I need to know if eScription has the capability to "monitor" your work habits.  Meaning, does it log you off after a certain amount of time of not working?    Does this sound like it is eScription or something else?   Production time is tracked off the technology system and monitors the time you are actually in the document working (hands on the keyboard or foot on the pedal).  If you are idle in excess of 4 minutes the time stops tracking.  You must remain acti ...