A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

key commands for Dictatphone Extext - recall

Posted: Dec 07, 2009

Is there anyone out there who can give me a list, or where to find one, on the key commands used for Dictaphone Extext.  I can remember Alt Y for capitalization, Alt P for play...... need help on some others.  Thanks a bunch

I cut and pasted commands below but these are for Enterprise Express Editor - lka

[ In Reply To ..]
Try these below. I did notice you said Alt Y for capitalization and here it is Control Y, and control P for play, stop. In fact, all of these commands. So, maybe try alt in your case, whereas it is control here. Hope this helps.

KEYSTROKE QUICK REFERENCE-Word Client

Key(s) Function
Ctrl+A Prompt CC dialog box list
Ctrl+I Session statistics
Ctrl+J From body of document to Document Information Screen
Ctrl+N Saves, spell checks, and prompts New doc, sends to facility
Ctrl+R Inserts Normal
Ctrl+T Trash/Cancel without saving
Ctrl+W Change work type
Ctrl+Ctrl Activates ESP screen
F7 Spell check
Ctrl+Shift+N Signs off text job, but not voice
Ctrl+Q Exit EXT Transcription (from menu).
Control L Sends to QC

KEYSTROKE QUICK REFERENCE-ExEditor

Key(s) Function
AUDIO
Alt + F2 decrease speed
Ctrl + F2 Increase speed
Ctrl + P Start or Stop Playback
F2 Increase volume
Shift + F2 Decrease volume
EDITING/FORMATTING
Alt + up arrow Format heading
Shift F3 or Ctrol + Y Toggle three capitalization modes
Ctrl + D Delete
Ctrl + A Modify cc list
Ctrl + E Insert anomaly
Ctrl + R Insert normal to left
Ctrl + shift + R Insert normal to right
Ctrl + shift + 3 Numbered list
Ctrl + Z Undo last keystroke
MAGIC KEYSTROKES
Ctrl + . Magic period
Ctrl + , Magic comma
Ctrl + shift + ; Magic colon
Ctrl + ; Magic semicolon
Ctrl + - Magic hyphen
Ctrl + Enter Magic return
NAVIGATION
Ctrl + H Move one character to the left
Ctrl + L Move one character to the right
Ctrl + M Align the text insertion point with the audio position
Ctrl + shift + M Align the audio position with the text insertion point
Home Move to the beginning of the current line
End Move to the end of the current line
Ctrl + Home Move to the beginning of the document
Ctrl + End Move to the end of the document
Ctrl + up arrow Move to the beginning of the current paragraph
Ctrl + down arrow Move to the end of the current paragraph
Ctrl + Q Move to the next dictation anomaly (blank)
Ctrl + Shift + Q Move to the previous anomaly
Ctrl + right arrow Move to the beginning of the next word
Ctrl + left arrow Move to the beginning of the previous word
Ctrl + J Select the next word to the left
Ctrl + K Select the next word to the right
Ctrl + shift + J Expand selection to the left by one word
Ctrl + shift + K Expand selection to the right by one word
Shift + F11 Select from insertion point to beginning of draft text
Alt + shift + F11 Select from insertion point to end of draft text
Ctrl + Shift + up arrow Select to the beginning of the paragraph
Ctrl + Shift + down arrow Select to the end of the paragraph
Shift + Home Select to the beginning of the current line
Shift + End Select to the end of the current line
DOCUMENT/SESSION
MANAGEMENT
Ctrl + S Search for documents
Ctrl + D Start a new transnet document
Ctrl + Alt + J Edit job information
Ctrl + W Change worktype in body of note
Ctrl + Alt + H Hold the document
Ctrl + I View session statistics
Ctrl + Alt + L Flag the document for MCR
Ctrl + Shift + L Flag the document for MCR but continue the voice file
Ctrl + N End the document –saves, spell checks, and send to facility
Ctrl + Shift + N End the document but continue the voice file, sends the first document thru to the facility
Ctrl + T Trash the document
Alt + F4 Log out of ExEditor

Similar Messages:

Dictatphone Connection?
Apr 06, 2014

anyone else having connection problems with dictaphone?  My stopped working about 30 min ago, not getting a response from anyone. ...

Using Expander Commands In VR
Nov 16, 2009

I am working with VR and would love to know if anyone has any tips on using an expander for commands to use in VR to be more productive?  I am working in Chartnet with VR.  I also have Instant Text and I have Shorthand.  I am more familiar with Instant Text but am willing to switch to Shorthand if it will make more productive.  Thanks in advance ...

DICTAPHONE COMMANDS
Dec 18, 2012

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A WAY TO GO TO THE BEGINNING OF THE DICTATION IN A REPORT WITHOUT REWINDING WITH THE FOOT PEDAL.  IS THERE A "GO TO THE BEGINNING OF THE REPORT" NUMBER KEY YOU CAN PRESS?  THANKS! ...

Does Anyone Use The Mouse More Than Keyboard Commands
Nov 24, 2014

I know we are pressured to use only the keyboard--I guess bc it may be faster...not sure about that...but I just can't get used to that.  I'm faster using the mouse, especially when navigating around a speech wreck report.  Anyone else like this?  Do they really care how we get it done?  Has anyone ever gotten dinged by using the mouse too much instead of keyboard commands?  I am sure they can tell exactly what we do on the keyboard.  ...

Chartnet VR And Instant Text Commands
Nov 10, 2009

I am working on VR on the Chartnet platform.  I am also using Instant Text.  Has anyone been able to use Instant Text to create VR command in Chartnet?    I have used them in Escription but for some reason they do not work in Chartnet.  I really need to get more lines with VR so I am hoping that someone can help me with this.  Thanks in advance for any tips.  ...

Anybody Use SH To Insert Dates? Need Help With Formatting Commands
Jul 10, 2013

I have a few SH entries to insert dates - for example, ydl inserts yesterday's date using the long format (July 9, 2013).  I have one little problem though and can't seem to figure it out.     When I use the "%e" parameter, I get "July  9, 2013" with the extra space between the month and the day.  Once the days roll over to double digits this is not a problem.  If I use "%d" then I get a leading zero.  I want to be able to insert the date with a sin ...

Transcription Pedal Sending Odd Commands To Microsoft Word
Jun 09, 2013

I am transcribing video interviews for a student's Doctoral dissertation. I have an Infinity foot pedal hooked up so that I can use it to play, fast-forward and rewind the video in Windows Media Player. I am transcribing the text in Microsoft Word. The foot pedal works fine with Windows Media Player but if I touch the foot pedal while I am in the Word document, I see all kinds of strange commands pop up in Word like "print" or "font". This slows down my transcription considerably. I ...

ExText And Your Own Expander?
Nov 03, 2009

I just started with a company that uses Extext.  I do not want to use the expander with this as I love my Instant Text.  Can somebody please tell me how to shut off the Extext expander?  TIA ...

Dictaphone Extext With ESP
Nov 27, 2009

I work at a hospital where we use the Dictaphone Extext system.  I want to work from home and need to copy my ESP from work onto a disc.  Can somebody please tell me how to do that?  I also need for know how I would copy the ESP onto my computer?  Do I need to purchase Dictaphone Extext? Thank's so much for any info you can give me.   ...

EXText + Antivirus
Dec 23, 2009

Having issues with my antivirus and Extext with the install.  What is the best protection to use with Extext.  I have resorted to AVG which I do not care for...TIA. ...

EXTEXT COMPANIES
Jun 13, 2010

Can anyone tell me which companies use Extext or ExEditor. Thank You. ...

Dictaphone EXText
Sep 15, 2010

I am thinking about taking a job with Transcend using the EXText platform.  Can anyone tell me for sure if I can use my autocorrect with this program?  tyvm ...

ExText Question
Mar 06, 2011

I've recently started using ExText, and I like it, except for one thing - I find that it is very tedious to rewind or FF to a particular spot in the dictation.  Is there any way to go right to the spot?  I've worked on platforms where you grabbed an arrow and dragged it to the spot you wanted in the recording (by that I mean, a given minute and second), but I can't find a way to do that with ExText.  It seems speeding up the rewind/FF is the only way.  Is ...

What Is It With ExText? This Is The Only VR Platform I've
Aug 24, 2011

I've worked on, and most days it doesn't seem horrible, but I keep making the same corrections over and over and over again for the same dictators and it never learns.  Also it will leave out an entire sentence or several words in a sentence, even on dream dictators.  It also can't seem to get the date format correct, often types 08 as 20, or types 2011 as 2000, expands abbreviations when we aren't allowed to expand them, doesn't number multiple diagnoses/medic ...

Extext Vs Escription
Oct 06, 2011

Can anyone compare Extext and Escription for me.  i use extext now but switching to escription.  Wondering if line count is going to go up or down.   THanks ...

Anyone Know Which Companies Use Extext?
Oct 21, 2011

Does anyone know which companies use Extext?  I did a search but all the posts I found were pretty old.  Tia ! ...

EXText And Shorthand
Oct 30, 2011

Does anyone know if Shorthand works with EXTText or do you have use the built in expansion program in EXText?  If so, is there a way to copy your Shorthand entires into that program?  Thanks in advance! ...

Extext Tips?
Jan 20, 2012

Any tips on editing in Extext? ...

How Is The ExText Platform?
Feb 28, 2012

Is the ADT easy to deal with?  ASR decent?  Can you get fast on it if you're halfway good? ...

ExText Speech
May 24, 2012

Can anyone tell me where to find a copy of the shortcut keys for ExText.  I had no training on it outside of the basics and was never given any shortcuts keys/commands and I am sure there are a lot of things I could be doing better.  Any help is definitely appreciated. ...

ExText Entries-Help!!!
Aug 04, 2012

Wonder if anyone has an answer to this for me...and, thanking you in advance!  I have used ExText for years.  Everything has always been fine and I love ExText...until Escription hit the deck.  Now when I'm in a report and highlight what I want to add to my ExText, then do alt= to add it, the window comes up blank and I have to enter the word/phrase all over again.  What the heck happened??? Really slows me down because I usually enter long phrases/normals, etc.  Ho ...

ExText With Breevy
May 21, 2013

Does anyone know if you can use Breevy text expander with ExText?  Thanks! ...

Trying To Get My ExText, Etc. Upgraded...
Apr 22, 2014

Let's not start a bashing party, but has anyone else had luck getting their ExText, etc... software upgraded on a new Windows 7 system at Landmark in PA?  It seems like K has simply fallen off the planet.  No emails at all from Landmark regarding the whole XP and Word 2003 HIPAA non-compliance business, or options for moving forward.  Is it just me, or is this really just not a big deal?  While I'm pretty sure no one would outright choose to hack a middle-aged house ...

Dictaphone EXText
Nov 13, 2014

Looking to work for a company that uses EXText.  Thanks for feedback! ...

Dicatphone Extext System
Nov 23, 2009

Can anyone tell me about this system?  I am new to working at home and I have a potential employer asking me if I know about it?  ...

EXText - A Decent VR Program
Dec 24, 2009

My company is switching me to a VR account in which I will use EXText for VR editing.  Just wondering if you can make decent line counts with this program?  ...

ESP Phrase Exapnder - Extext
Apr 19, 2010

I am using Extext Client and it has ESP Phrase Expander. How should I type in my phrase so that I do not get a space with a jump to the next line after putting in a word? I use "Shorthand" and I use {@NOSPACE}. Is there such a thing in the ESP Expander. Please help.   Lorraine ...

Extext Shortcut Keys
Jun 03, 2010

I am working in Extext and I need to center headings..etc.  Does anybody have a list of shortcut keys I can use so I do not have utilize my mouse so often?  Thanks!   Lisa ...

Companies That Use Dictaphone ExText.
Jun 20, 2010

Forgive me if someone else has already asked this but I'm trying to find a company which is hiring and uses the Dictaphone platform.  I have been using it for at least 5 years and would rather not have to switch and train on another platform at this time. Thanks for any leads. ...

ExText - What Are Programming Keys?
Oct 13, 2010

I currently work on Extext doing VR.  Can anyone compare this platform to others for me.  I have no idea if it is good/bad.  Also, I don't know if I'm understanding all this talk about expanders.  I use expanders just through my spellcheck setup.  I don't exactly understand "programming keys"....Someone please fill me in.  I really need to get those lines up. Thanks! ...