A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

transcription pedal sending odd commands to Microsoft Word - leslie

Posted: Jun 09, 2013

I am transcribing video interviews for a student's Doctoral dissertation. I have an Infinity foot pedal hooked up so that I can use it to play, fast-forward and rewind the video in Windows Media Player. I am transcribing the text in Microsoft Word. The foot pedal works fine with Windows Media Player but if I touch the foot pedal while I am in the Word document, I see all kinds of strange commands pop up in Word like "print" or "font". This slows down my transcription considerably. I am trying to figure out how I can get the pedal to play the video in Windows Media Player while SIMULTANEOUSLY transcribing in Word without these odd command interruptions. Because of these commands the foot pedal sends to Word, I end up having to use my mouse a lot to go back and forth between Windows Media Player and Word and that takes my hands off the keyboard and slows me down considerably. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Messages:

Sending Nuance's Foot Pedal Back
Jul 03, 2013

Hi, Anyone else recently quit this ridiculous farce of a company called Nuisance... I mean Nuance, and they never mentioned one word about having you ship back the foot pedal?   Do they eventually send out a notice to ship it back or you won't get your last paycheck?  Just curious...  No big loss, my paycheck that is, as I was earning less than minimum wage.  Got a pacycheck for 80 hours that was less than $200 a week.  Seems they have it set up to purposely m ...

Is It Possible To Upgrade Microsoft Word 2000 To Word 2003?
Jul 01, 2010

I have Microsoft Word 2003. Is it possible to upgrade it online to Word 2003? A company I worked for for a short time did it. If it's possible, can someone give me the link? I looked on Microsoft.com but don't see it. ...

In Microsoft Word, Is There A Way To Find A Particular Word In A Document? I Have 20 Pages And I Nee
Mar 01, 2011

. ...

MICROSOFT WORD HELP
Sep 19, 2010

I have what may sound like a stupid question.  I was wondering how to back up/save our dictionaries for auto correct and auto text.  I would like to back it up on a disc so if my computer bites the dust, I will still have all of my entries.  I would hate to have to put them all in all over again and I would be lost without them.  TIA and have a great day!! ...

Microsoft Word, Need To Buy
Mar 11, 2012

I need to buy 2003 standard, professional or 2007 or 2010.  None of them can be the student version.  Does anyone know if there is a free trial available or where I can purchase this at a reasonable rate?  I'm checking ebay and I'm watching two right now, but I'm open to other ideas! ...

MICROSOFT WORD 2000
Dec 02, 2011

Some time ago I purchased a Microsoft Word 2000 and I have lost my product code key...any suggests on getting another product key code...someone please help, I really need this for work. ...

Microsoft Word 2003???
Feb 22, 2013

I just got a new computer and am trying to find a downloadable version of Microsoft Word (ideally 2003, which is what is on my old computer) or even 2008 or 2010.  I had found a downloadable version of this for $39.99 a couple of months ago, but I didn't bookmark it and now can't find it.  When I go to the Microsoft website, the only downloadable version I can find is apparently their new Office 365.   TIA to anyone who can help :-) ...

Is Learning Microsoft Word 7 Difficult?
Oct 17, 2009

I have never used this for doing MT.  ...

Issue With Microsoft Word 2003
Oct 21, 2010

When I have more than one window up in Microsoft Word, I will go to close one window, and Word will make me save all the windows. Is there a way to change this so that I can close one window without having to do anything to the others? Word 2000 didn't have this issue. ...

Help With Emdat/Microsoft Word 2010 PLEASE
May 20, 2011

When I bullet something after a heading it is creating a space between the heading and the first bullet. I have tried everything that I know of to remove this line so that the first bullet is immediately underneath the heading but I cannot get rid of this line. Can someone help me please?????   TIA ...

Any Microsoft Word 2010 Experts Out There?
Feb 23, 2013

I just downloaded a free trial of a medical/pharmaceutical dictionary and when I went to import it into my custom dictionaries, it says it must be converted to a Unicode document before importing. I'm confused...Does anyone know what this means or how to "convert" it to Unicode?  I'm totally  new to MSO 2010, so any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! ...

Importing Autocorrect In Microsoft Word
May 07, 2014

I'm starting a new job using escription and I was wondering if I need to create a file of autocorrect commands that I can import into escription or if they'll automatically be there when I log in.    Thanks! ...

Microsoft Word Home And Student
Jan 14, 2015

Can you use the Microsoft Word Home and Student version with the Nuance platforms? ...

Microsoft Word 2007 Shortcut Keys
Oct 23, 2009

In Microsoft word 2007, under view, you can increase the percentage of the document from 100% and in my case to 140%.  My question is, is there a shortcut key for this?  Thanks. ...

Microsoft Word 2007 - How To Get It To Single Space
Mar 04, 2010

I have a test to do in Word-2007 and it's double spacing and I can't figure out how to get it to single space.  Thanks everyone. ...

Well I Just Checked A Report Against Microsoft Word Document Sm
Sep 06, 2010

and always MQ gave us more even just a little more in line count.  My line count was less than what it was in Microsoft.  So we are not getting paid for something.  Need to get out of this company and fast! ...

Inscribe Autotext Help--Edith With Microsoft Word
Nov 29, 2010

I type for 2 different companies using Inscribe.  I'm having a problem  because the fonts in the autotexts I put in never match the new company's font and I can't find any way to edit that.  There is a command for "edit with Microsoft Word" but I am afraid to try it in case it messes something up.  Is this how I would edit the font?  Would appreciate any advice :)  ...

Where Can I Download A Copy Of Microsoft Word 2007
May 19, 2011

Thanks in advance ...

Updating Microsoft Word 2003 To 2006
May 20, 2011

I need to update Microsoft word 2003 to 2006.  When I do this I was told I need to take 2003 out.  My husband says it should not delete anything in 2003 since it is in My documents.  Do you think I will loose what is in 2003 or does it just override it?  I have important stuff I don't want to loose.   Hope I am explaining this correctly. ...

Microsoft Word 2007 Office Version
Apr 16, 2014

I am in need of finding a good site to purchase MS Word 2007 Full Version.  Here is the reason:  I was working for a company and noted I had not received work in 2 days.  Then contacted TL.  She then informed me that the account I was assigned to that work was no longer available at that facilty.  Nice of them to tell me.  I babysat that computer for 2 days.  It was soooo nice of them of giving me the heads up.   Now they tell me that they can put me on a ...

Microsoft Word 2007 - Double Spacing Issue
Mar 04, 2010

I hope I have this on the right board.  I have a test to take in Microsoft word and it's "double spacing" and I can't see how to get it to single space.  Anyone know how???  Thanks in advance everyone. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Change Something In The Heading Of A Microsoft Word Template And E-save Th
Nov 02, 2010

nm ...

Microsoft Word 2007 - AutoCorrect/AutoText Feature Really Gone?
May 03, 2012

Working in an office on Microsoft Word 2007.  Is the AutoCorrect/AutoText feature really gone?  I saw the Quick Parts thing, but that is very slow in our business.  Also is there any way to put in jump markers to get around in the report quicker?  I see why no transcription service uses Microsoft.  Sure isn't good for what we do.  Thanks.  ...

Microsoft Word Where It Doesn't Automatically Make The Numbers Indent
Jan 05, 2011

I'm trying to help someone with her Word problems.  How do you get it to where it doesn't automatically make the numbers indent when you're numbering something?  I've tried the Bullets and Numbering and the Styles and Formatting, and she says neither changes it.  TIA ...

Microsoft Comfort Curve 3000 Vs Microsoft Ergo 4000
Jun 27, 2013

Getting ready to buy a new keyboard and trying to decide between these 2 models. Has anyone used both and can compare them?  Does the CC 3000 really provide relief for the wrists?  I've heard good things about the 4000 but it looks so...LARGE, lol! Any input appreciated before I click the "buy it now" feature! ...

Transcription Foot Pedal
Apr 20, 2010

Is there a standard foot pedal medical transcription companies require MTs to use? ...

MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION - What Foot Pedal Do I Need ?
Sep 25, 2012

Hi, I have a question about transcription software. I downloaded the Olympus DSS player lite to listen to dss and ds2 files. I am having problems finding any foot pedal that will work with that? Maybe there isnt any? If there isn't , is there any other free software out there that allows you to listen to dss and ds2 files and if so, what foot pedal do I need with that? Thanks! ...

Which Foot Pedal To Purchase For Transcription
Oct 02, 2012

Can someone please advise me as to which foot pedal to purchase for transcription -  one that is most universal with transcription/dictation programs? thx ...

Dell Laptop And Transcription Foot Pedal
Aug 10, 2011

I just bought a new Dell laptop.  I had to do a few upgrades to make my transcription program operable.  Now that is out of the way and I have run into a problem with my footpedal.  It fits, but does not operate, even when I switch the foot pedal settings to USB, COM 1 or COM 2.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  This is the foot pedal I had been using for my desk top.  I am assuming another foot pedal works for the Dell laptop.  ...

Equipment Headsets, Foot Pedal Etc For Medical Transcription
Oct 22, 2013

I know this question has been asked a million times.  What equipment headset, foot pedal, etc. would be recommended for someone just starting out as a homebased MT? ...