A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Extext vs Escription - mtj

Posted: Oct 06, 2011

Can anyone compare Extext and Escription for me.  i use extext now but switching to escription.  Wondering if line count is going to go up or down.

THanks

Similar Messages:

Dictaphone Extext Vs Escription
Oct 06, 2011

Hi All I am currently working on Dictaphone Extext but will be switching to Nuance Escription doing VR on both.  Does anyone have experience on both and willing to compare them.  I'm just wondering if my line count is going to go up or down.  Thanks! ...

Has Anyone Successfully Used Escription Or Dictaphone EXtext/ExEditor With Wireless Or
Jun 17, 2010

satellite internet?  I have heard these were the better VR platforms but I cannot find out if they can be used on wireless or satellite internet.    ...

ExText And Your Own Expander?
Nov 03, 2009

I just started with a company that uses Extext.  I do not want to use the expander with this as I love my Instant Text.  Can somebody please tell me how to shut off the Extext expander?  TIA ...

Dictaphone Extext With ESP
Nov 27, 2009

I work at a hospital where we use the Dictaphone Extext system.  I want to work from home and need to copy my ESP from work onto a disc.  Can somebody please tell me how to do that?  I also need for know how I would copy the ESP onto my computer?  Do I need to purchase Dictaphone Extext? Thank's so much for any info you can give me.   ...

EXText + Antivirus
Dec 23, 2009

Having issues with my antivirus and Extext with the install.  What is the best protection to use with Extext.  I have resorted to AVG which I do not care for...TIA. ...

EXTEXT COMPANIES
Jun 13, 2010

Can anyone tell me which companies use Extext or ExEditor. Thank You. ...

Dictaphone EXText
Sep 15, 2010

I am thinking about taking a job with Transcend using the EXText platform.  Can anyone tell me for sure if I can use my autocorrect with this program?  tyvm ...

ExText Question
Mar 06, 2011

I've recently started using ExText, and I like it, except for one thing - I find that it is very tedious to rewind or FF to a particular spot in the dictation.  Is there any way to go right to the spot?  I've worked on platforms where you grabbed an arrow and dragged it to the spot you wanted in the recording (by that I mean, a given minute and second), but I can't find a way to do that with ExText.  It seems speeding up the rewind/FF is the only way.  Is ...

What Is It With ExText? This Is The Only VR Platform I've
Aug 24, 2011

I've worked on, and most days it doesn't seem horrible, but I keep making the same corrections over and over and over again for the same dictators and it never learns.  Also it will leave out an entire sentence or several words in a sentence, even on dream dictators.  It also can't seem to get the date format correct, often types 08 as 20, or types 2011 as 2000, expands abbreviations when we aren't allowed to expand them, doesn't number multiple diagnoses/medic ...

Anyone Know Which Companies Use Extext?
Oct 21, 2011

Does anyone know which companies use Extext?  I did a search but all the posts I found were pretty old.  Tia ! ...

EXText And Shorthand
Oct 30, 2011

Does anyone know if Shorthand works with EXTText or do you have use the built in expansion program in EXText?  If so, is there a way to copy your Shorthand entires into that program?  Thanks in advance! ...

Extext Tips?
Jan 20, 2012

Any tips on editing in Extext? ...

How Is The ExText Platform?
Feb 28, 2012

Is the ADT easy to deal with?  ASR decent?  Can you get fast on it if you're halfway good? ...

ExText Speech
May 24, 2012

Can anyone tell me where to find a copy of the shortcut keys for ExText.  I had no training on it outside of the basics and was never given any shortcuts keys/commands and I am sure there are a lot of things I could be doing better.  Any help is definitely appreciated. ...

ExText Entries-Help!!!
Aug 04, 2012

Wonder if anyone has an answer to this for me...and, thanking you in advance!  I have used ExText for years.  Everything has always been fine and I love ExText...until Escription hit the deck.  Now when I'm in a report and highlight what I want to add to my ExText, then do alt= to add it, the window comes up blank and I have to enter the word/phrase all over again.  What the heck happened??? Really slows me down because I usually enter long phrases/normals, etc.  Ho ...

ExText With Breevy
May 21, 2013

Does anyone know if you can use Breevy text expander with ExText?  Thanks! ...

Trying To Get My ExText, Etc. Upgraded...
Apr 22, 2014

Let's not start a bashing party, but has anyone else had luck getting their ExText, etc... software upgraded on a new Windows 7 system at Landmark in PA?  It seems like K has simply fallen off the planet.  No emails at all from Landmark regarding the whole XP and Word 2003 HIPAA non-compliance business, or options for moving forward.  Is it just me, or is this really just not a big deal?  While I'm pretty sure no one would outright choose to hack a middle-aged house ...

Dictaphone EXText
Nov 13, 2014

Looking to work for a company that uses EXText.  Thanks for feedback! ...

Dicatphone Extext System
Nov 23, 2009

Can anyone tell me about this system?  I am new to working at home and I have a potential employer asking me if I know about it?  ...

Key Commands For Dictatphone Extext
Dec 07, 2009

Is there anyone out there who can give me a list, or where to find one, on the key commands used for Dictaphone Extext.  I can remember Alt Y for capitalization, Alt P for play...... need help on some others.  Thanks a bunch ...

EXText - A Decent VR Program
Dec 24, 2009

My company is switching me to a VR account in which I will use EXText for VR editing.  Just wondering if you can make decent line counts with this program?  ...

ESP Phrase Exapnder - Extext
Apr 19, 2010

I am using Extext Client and it has ESP Phrase Expander. How should I type in my phrase so that I do not get a space with a jump to the next line after putting in a word? I use "Shorthand" and I use {@NOSPACE}. Is there such a thing in the ESP Expander. Please help.   Lorraine ...

Extext Shortcut Keys
Jun 03, 2010

I am working in Extext and I need to center headings..etc.  Does anybody have a list of shortcut keys I can use so I do not have utilize my mouse so often?  Thanks!   Lisa ...

Companies That Use Dictaphone ExText.
Jun 20, 2010

Forgive me if someone else has already asked this but I'm trying to find a company which is hiring and uses the Dictaphone platform.  I have been using it for at least 5 years and would rather not have to switch and train on another platform at this time. Thanks for any leads. ...

ExText - What Are Programming Keys?
Oct 13, 2010

I currently work on Extext doing VR.  Can anyone compare this platform to others for me.  I have no idea if it is good/bad.  Also, I don't know if I'm understanding all this talk about expanders.  I use expanders just through my spellcheck setup.  I don't exactly understand "programming keys"....Someone please fill me in.  I really need to get those lines up. Thanks! ...

Anyone Who Uses ExText Give Me An Opinion On It?
Mar 01, 2011

Can anyone who uses ExText give me an opinion on it?  Ease of use, ability to add expansions, etc. ...

? About Dictaphone ExText And Internet
Apr 06, 2011

I have been offered a part-time position with a company that uses Dictaphone ExText.  With my primary job I have a company provided computer and my high-speed internet is hardwired through my router that is connected to that computer.   I will also need high-speed internet with the part-time position.  I will be working through a VPN.   Do I need to be hardwired to my router or can I work using my wireless router?   Company gave me a list of specs necessar ...

If You Use Dictaphone ExText And Do Both SR And Straight
Apr 07, 2011

transcription will you e-mail me please.   I am in the process of interviewing with a small company that uses this platform and I have questions about my computer being compatible, and it is sort of the blind leading then blind when I ask questions.  I would just like to ask a couple of questions without going back on forth on the boards.  I can't accept the position until I can be sure my setup will work.  ...

Please Help RE: Extext Word Client
Jan 17, 2012

I am new to this Extext Word Client platform. I'm having trouble at the start when opening a template file. The error says "Failed to open template file: C:DocNetWorkingDocuments...doc" I have done Microsoft updates and installed only MS Office 2002 as MS 2003 or higher is not compatible with the platform. Please help. Thanks. ...

Using PC Shorthand With Dictaphone ExText
Aug 11, 2014

I've started with a company that uses ExText.  I use a VPN to access the hospital's computer system.  When I'm connected to their system, it's as though I'm sitting at the hospital in an office while transcribing.  Their ExText comes with its own built-in expander system.  I have used PC Shorthand with every platform I've used up to now.  Is anyone on this board in a similar situation?  Is there a way around the ExText expander so I can ...