A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ExText entries-Help!!! - Pixie

Posted: Aug 04, 2012

Wonder if anyone has an answer to this for me...and, thanking you in advance!  I have used ExText for years.  Everything has always been fine and I love ExText...until Escription hit the deck.  Now when I'm in a report and highlight what I want to add to my ExText, then do alt= to add it, the window comes up blank and I have to enter the word/phrase all over again.  What the heck happened??? Really slows me down because I usually enter long phrases/normals, etc.  Hope someone can advise.

If memory serves - sm - oldtrainer

[ In Reply To ..]
You would highlight your text and then do Control-Control.

Similar Messages:

Saving Autocorrect Entries
Jan 19, 2011

I sure hope there is someone out there who can help me.  I work in MS Word 2002.  I am trying to save all of my hundreds of autocorrect, autotext, etc entries onto a CD so in case something happens to my computer I would have all of these.  I have been on the internet to find out how to do this and everything I find is long and complicated.  Does anyone know a SIMPLE way to do this?  Any help is greatly appreciated! ...

Printing Out .acl Entries From Word!!-HELP PLEASE
Apr 02, 2011

I was hoping someone could help me out. I need to print out a copy of all my .acl (auto-correct) Word entries that I have made over the years. I applied for a job and it is very possible that I will not be able to copy them into that new platform. I know there is a set of instructions on how to do this, had them, but misplaced them. All of my auto-corrects are in the Word 2000 and I have them also on a flash drive. I just want to be able to print out a hard copy so I can start entering them in a ...

EMDAT - How To Add Entries Into Autotext
Jun 11, 2012

Anyone working on Emdat know how to add entries into Autotext without signing into the work pool? Just started and need to add entries before I start typing. Thanks in advance! ...

Any Way To Save Shorthand Entries?
Aug 12, 2013

Is there any way to save all those entries that are now in the Shorthand system (which I suspect will be removed when my Nuance software is removed on my last day)? ...

Expanding Instatext Word Entries
Dec 19, 2009

With instatex, there are phrase entries on the left and word entries which show up on the right side. To expand the phrase entries you just hit the space bar after the short entry, but how do you make the word entries expand? And how do you choose the second on the list, or the third, ect. I cannot figure this stupid thing out, even after going through the help menu.   Thank you to anyone that can explain this!! ...

Printing Microsoft Autocorrect Entries
Dec 06, 2010

How can I print my Autocorrect Entries from Word?  ...

I'm Wondering What Sorts Of Entries Other MTs Have In Their Expanders
Dec 19, 2010

to make them more productive?  Do you try to create a normal PE and ROS for every single dictator you come across?  Do you find it faster to use templates and delete any headings you don't use? I'm trying to up my production and I'm having a devil of a time doing it.  I have a pretty good size expander file that has 300+ entries, but I can't seem to really put out the lines.  So I'm trying to get ideas from other MTs on how they use their abbreviatio ...

Editing Instant Text Entries?
Sep 13, 2011

Hello, I am on the trial of Instant Text.  Does anyone know how to edit an existing entry? Thanks. ...

How To Make A Copy Of AutoCorrect Entries
Nov 02, 2011

I'd like to back up/make a copy of all of my AutoCorrect entries.  Anybody have an easy way to do this?  The instructions I found online were pretty cumbersome and they didn't do the job. Also, is there a limit to the number of entries AutoCorrect will hold?  Seems like when I add new ones, old ones drop off.  I've probably added 1000 by now.  Thanks for your help.  :) ...

Backup Dictionary And Auto Correct Entries
Dec 09, 2009

Can someone please tell me how to back up my custom dictionary and auto correct entries in Word 2000?  Thank you so much! ...

How To Copy PC Shorthand Entries Over To ExpandType On Chartnet
Feb 16, 2014

I recently started working for a company that uses Chartnet.  I like the platform.  However, I have over 5,000 entries that I've painstakingly created on the PC Shorthand expander program, and they are causing problems when I'm on Chartnet.  What happens is, when I type a shortcut from PC Shorthand, it will cause Chartnet to switch to "overwrite" mode and replace whatever text is already there.  It types right over the text, and I don't want it to do that.  ...

Moving Saved Auto Correct Entries To New Computer
Nov 09, 2010

the new computer is vista with word 2007. the old computer ran XP with word 2000. i have backed the auto correct entries up on a jump drive but cant figure out how to install in word 2007, any ideas? also need to download a new spell checker or figure out how to get the old one from word 2000, as I cant find the CD where I orginally installed stedmans. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated!! ...

How Do I Import Bayscribe Expander Entries Into Instant Text?
Sep 13, 2011

I downloaded the trial version of Instant Text and used the Importer to import my Bayscribe expander entries through Text File.  Either this was the wrong format to use or I did something else wrong because the entries are not expanding.  I was able to get the abbvs.glo file to show up in the glossary entries.  Can anybody help with this?  Thanks in advance.   ...

Converting PC Shorthand Entries To Word 2003 Autocorrect
Jun 10, 2012

I want to convert all my shorthand entries to word 2003 as the in-house company I am working for does not allow any outside software to be running on their machines.  Anyone know if this can be done and if so how to proceed with same? ...

Instant Text Moving Included Entries Is Not Allowed
Sep 05, 2012

Good morning all! I am trying to move an entry in Instant Text and I am getting this message -   Moving included entries is not allowed. To move entries of an included glossary, first open it into the Glossary Viewer.   Any ideas???   Thanks,   Cathy ...

Word 2007 Autocorrect Issue - Entries Disappears
Sep 14, 2013

I'm asking this for a friend. Her computer crashed a couple weeks ago, so she got a new computer with Windows 7. She is still using Word 2007. She has entered new autocorrect entries as she works and most of them are retained. However, when she enters an autocorrect entry for a standard template she has, like a SOAP note, the entry will be gone the next day when she comes back to work. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated? For those of you that are going to ...

ExText And Your Own Expander?
Nov 03, 2009

I just started with a company that uses Extext.  I do not want to use the expander with this as I love my Instant Text.  Can somebody please tell me how to shut off the Extext expander?  TIA ...

Dictaphone Extext With ESP
Nov 27, 2009

I work at a hospital where we use the Dictaphone Extext system.  I want to work from home and need to copy my ESP from work onto a disc.  Can somebody please tell me how to do that?  I also need for know how I would copy the ESP onto my computer?  Do I need to purchase Dictaphone Extext? Thank's so much for any info you can give me.   ...

EXText + Antivirus
Dec 23, 2009

Having issues with my antivirus and Extext with the install.  What is the best protection to use with Extext.  I have resorted to AVG which I do not care for...TIA. ...

EXTEXT COMPANIES
Jun 13, 2010

Can anyone tell me which companies use Extext or ExEditor. Thank You. ...

Dictaphone EXText
Sep 15, 2010

I am thinking about taking a job with Transcend using the EXText platform.  Can anyone tell me for sure if I can use my autocorrect with this program?  tyvm ...

ExText Question
Mar 06, 2011

I've recently started using ExText, and I like it, except for one thing - I find that it is very tedious to rewind or FF to a particular spot in the dictation.  Is there any way to go right to the spot?  I've worked on platforms where you grabbed an arrow and dragged it to the spot you wanted in the recording (by that I mean, a given minute and second), but I can't find a way to do that with ExText.  It seems speeding up the rewind/FF is the only way.  Is ...

What Is It With ExText? This Is The Only VR Platform I've
Aug 24, 2011

I've worked on, and most days it doesn't seem horrible, but I keep making the same corrections over and over and over again for the same dictators and it never learns.  Also it will leave out an entire sentence or several words in a sentence, even on dream dictators.  It also can't seem to get the date format correct, often types 08 as 20, or types 2011 as 2000, expands abbreviations when we aren't allowed to expand them, doesn't number multiple diagnoses/medic ...

Extext Vs Escription
Oct 06, 2011

Can anyone compare Extext and Escription for me.  i use extext now but switching to escription.  Wondering if line count is going to go up or down.   THanks ...

Anyone Know Which Companies Use Extext?
Oct 21, 2011

Does anyone know which companies use Extext?  I did a search but all the posts I found were pretty old.  Tia ! ...

EXText And Shorthand
Oct 30, 2011

Does anyone know if Shorthand works with EXTText or do you have use the built in expansion program in EXText?  If so, is there a way to copy your Shorthand entires into that program?  Thanks in advance! ...

Extext Tips?
Jan 20, 2012

Any tips on editing in Extext? ...

How Is The ExText Platform?
Feb 28, 2012

Is the ADT easy to deal with?  ASR decent?  Can you get fast on it if you're halfway good? ...

ExText Speech
May 24, 2012

Can anyone tell me where to find a copy of the shortcut keys for ExText.  I had no training on it outside of the basics and was never given any shortcuts keys/commands and I am sure there are a lot of things I could be doing better.  Any help is definitely appreciated. ...

ExText With Breevy
May 21, 2013

Does anyone know if you can use Breevy text expander with ExText?  Thanks! ...