A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anybody use SH to insert dates? Need help with formatting commands - MacMom

Posted: Jul 10, 2013

I have a few SH entries to insert dates - for example, ydl inserts yesterday's date using the long format (July 9, 2013).  I have one little problem though and can't seem to figure it out.  

When I use the "%e" parameter, I get "July  9, 2013" with the extra space between the month and the day.  Once the days roll over to double digits this is not a problem.  If I use "%d" then I get a leading zero.  I want to be able to insert the date with a single space between the month and the day without a leading zero.  Any suggestions?   

it is in your computer, not SH - ICManiac

[ In Reply To ..]
for today's date, I used "tds" with this command:

{@SHORTDATE}

and I get 07/10/2013.

when I change it to

{@LONGDATE}

I get July 10, 2013

I changed the date on my computer to yesterday's date and got

July 09, 2013 because that is how my computer is set up.

It pulls the information from how your computer is set up. On my computer (XP), that information is located under

Regional and language options

If you have a different operating system, use the Help feature and search for

long date

to find where your settings are located. Once you find it, you can choose which one you want to use. I found this option once I found the settings:

To Display single-digit numbers without a leading zero

Type a single character. Type d for the day setting, type y for the year setting, and type M for the month setting

Your operating system may require something just a tad different.

Similar Messages:

Kinesis Users!! Need Insert Key
Apr 08, 2012

I am trying to learn Shorthand and I need the insert key for a combination keystroke.  Is the only insert key the imbedded one?  My brain is already on overload.  If this is the case, can you tell me a quick way to program this to use with the alt key?  ...

Can You Insert A Pdf To Become A Page In A Word Doc?
Mar 04, 2013

I am doing IMEs, and my doc wants to know if I can insert a pdf of the cover sheet he gets from the State as page one of the Word 2003 doc.  He was faxing them in to SSD  but now wants to convert to an electronic submission.  In addition, he created one pdf with 10 different cover sheets, so each one is not a separate file.  Anyone know how to do this? ...

Help - Where Do I Insert Doctor Number In Report?
Nov 09, 2010

Anyone know where to insert this dictation in report:   "Doctor number XXXX" ...

In Case Anyone Hasn't Noticed, When You Hit Ctrl-T To Insert The
Aug 11, 2010

current date into the body of the report, it's puts the WRONG date.  For example, I just noticed that it put 11/08/2010, and of course it's 08/10/2010.  So, I may have been inserting the incorrect address until noticing this.  Does this happen with anyone else or just me?  Is it a stupid "upgrade" glitch.......or is it just another way that QA can ding us and get us below 98%.   I hate sounding so paranoid, but that is what working for MQ has done to me.&n ...

Using Expander Commands In VR
Nov 16, 2009

I am working with VR and would love to know if anyone has any tips on using an expander for commands to use in VR to be more productive?  I am working in Chartnet with VR.  I also have Instant Text and I have Shorthand.  I am more familiar with Instant Text but am willing to switch to Shorthand if it will make more productive.  Thanks in advance ...

DICTAPHONE COMMANDS
Dec 18, 2012

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A WAY TO GO TO THE BEGINNING OF THE DICTATION IN A REPORT WITHOUT REWINDING WITH THE FOOT PEDAL.  IS THERE A "GO TO THE BEGINNING OF THE REPORT" NUMBER KEY YOU CAN PRESS?  THANKS! ...

Key Commands For Dictatphone Extext
Dec 07, 2009

Is there anyone out there who can give me a list, or where to find one, on the key commands used for Dictaphone Extext.  I can remember Alt Y for capitalization, Alt P for play...... need help on some others.  Thanks a bunch ...

Does Anyone Use The Mouse More Than Keyboard Commands
Nov 24, 2014

I know we are pressured to use only the keyboard--I guess bc it may be faster...not sure about that...but I just can't get used to that.  I'm faster using the mouse, especially when navigating around a speech wreck report.  Anyone else like this?  Do they really care how we get it done?  Has anyone ever gotten dinged by using the mouse too much instead of keyboard commands?  I am sure they can tell exactly what we do on the keyboard.  ...

Chartnet VR And Instant Text Commands
Nov 10, 2009

I am working on VR on the Chartnet platform.  I am also using Instant Text.  Has anyone been able to use Instant Text to create VR command in Chartnet?    I have used them in Escription but for some reason they do not work in Chartnet.  I really need to get more lines with VR so I am hoping that someone can help me with this.  Thanks in advance for any tips.  ...

Transcription Pedal Sending Odd Commands To Microsoft Word
Jun 09, 2013

I am transcribing video interviews for a student's Doctoral dissertation. I have an Infinity foot pedal hooked up so that I can use it to play, fast-forward and rewind the video in Windows Media Player. I am transcribing the text in Microsoft Word. The foot pedal works fine with Windows Media Player but if I touch the foot pedal while I am in the Word document, I see all kinds of strange commands pop up in Word like "print" or "font". This slows down my transcription considerably. I ...

Need Help With Formatting
Dec 30, 2009

I did something and now I only have a half space between sentences - how can I get this back to normal??? ...

Help Please! (Formatting)
Apr 24, 2012

I am having trouble trying to figure out when, and when no to make a list, or heading.   First, I know the headings, in the beginning, are ALL CAPS, like FAMILY HISTORY, MOTOR, REFLEXES, but then, the Neurologist begins listing (on the independent medical evaluation, under "Record Summary/Provider") tons and tons of dates like: 9/17/2010 PT.  Dr. So and So.  Same template.   Chiropractic Assessment:  Palpation L2, L3, L5, L5 and S1, taut and tender MS fibers and fixat ...

Formatting For VR-
Jul 18, 2014

to format reports on VR, generally basic 4, every report?  I get so sick and tired of not only fixing the stupid words but since there is no training by physicians, every report has to be formatted to meet specs.  Just curious.  ...

Disk Formatting
Oct 17, 2011

I got a new computer.  I do work for a local doc the old fashioned way (tapes) and would like to save his work on disks (used 3.5 on old computer).  I tried to format the disk and things were going well until the last few seconds when a window popped up saying format could not be completed, but no reason why.  I have tried several times since and the same thing happens.  Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?  I am using CD-RW disks.  Thanks. ...

Help With Formatting Paragraph In VR
Dec 22, 2011

Okay I work in Dictaphone VR.  The latest version.  I have Word 2007.  In VR, the physical exam and its subheadings are all double spaced.  Anyway to highlight the paragraph and make it single spaced?  I usually just use arrows and delete about 7 times a row to tidy it up, but I was hoping I could highlight and do a few keystrokes and be done.   Thank you in advance for your help! It is double spaced like this:   PHYSICAL EXAMINATION: VITAL SIGNS: Blood pr ...

Formatting # Range In P.o.
Mar 23, 2012

When the doctor dictates a range for p.o., for instance "1/2 to 1 p.o.," do we write it as 0.5 to 1 or 1/2 to 1? Thank you for the help. ...

Formatting Woes
Aug 20, 2012

I work for TDD, and always get confused about their formatting.  Can someone tell me if we are to transcribe their consults in paragraph form or not?  TY ...

TTS Pay Dates?
Jun 26, 2014

New to TTS, had the schedule of pay periods and pay dates, can't find it now, can you help?  I know there's a web site to go to, can't find the papers that tell where it is, either! ...

Pay Dates
Nov 28, 2014

Anyone else not get their pay today?  ...

QA Dates
Mar 15, 2015

What is the cut off date for QA to do post audits. For example, last week for March 7th through March 13th. When is their final day to audit for that week? With all the changes, I get so confused ...

MOT Dates
May 14, 2015

MOT in MC POD yet pulled accounts not even in her POD grouping. Plus every week, she sends email with MOT dates, then adds another day to her MOT dates on her next email. First it was till the 16th, now she says the 17th!!!!  Make up your mind. People do have other tasks in life besides waiting for her to make up her mind at the very last minute to demand MOT at 4:30 p.m. starting that shift on that same day!! ...

Formatting Abruptly Changed
Feb 03, 2010

There probably have been answers to my question out here before, but does anyone know what causes the formatting in an EditScript document of which I am either editing or transcribing?  It tabs, bolds, changes font sizes, and messes up the spacing between lines.....things I did not manually do myself.  Is there something I should be changing on my RTF? Or is it something else?  Seems like I may have seen something about that, but I can't find it in my manual (which doesn ...

Diagnosis Formatting Issue
May 24, 2010

I am now totally confused.  I've always been told the rule of thumb is that if there IS no #2, then there is no #1 to create a list.  It should simply be Diagnosis: yada I have a dictator that for some unknown reason kept dictating  Diagnosis: 1. UTI:     A) Resolved after antibiotics.  No number #2 so i just did not even number this, but I got it back QA'd , am I losing it or have been doing this wrong all along? Thanks much for the input. ...

Formatting Question In Word2003 With XP
Jun 13, 2010

I just recently switched to Word2003 and am having issues with formatting.  I tried everything I can think of but color me DUHHHH because it is not working. I have to number impressions.  I would like to somehow set ALL documents for this to line up the same way and I must be missing something because I have to do this each document. I went to numbers/bulletting and even made it custome, but again, each document has to have it redone.  When you are doing 50, it is time consuming ...

Formatting For Consultation Report
Oct 20, 2010

On a consultation report, under the heading "past medical history" is there a specific order of sub headings according to the AHDI standards? ...

Help With Formatting MS Word 2007
Oct 14, 2011

Hello, When typing p.r.n. with my newly installed MS Word program, it automatically types p.  R.  n.  Does anyone know the change I need to make in the program to correct this?   Thanks in advance. ...

BOS3 Formatting Question
Jan 07, 2012

I'm an experienced MT, not a newbie straight out of school.  If this belongs on the "word" board, then I apologize in advance (I wasn't sure where to post it). I am testing for a company that uses BOS3 (which I despise) and that is counted in the grading.  In the physical exam section, the dictator gave a few headings (which of course I inserted) but not all.  According to BOS3, inserting undictated headings is optional.  Some sections begin as sentences (e.g., "He ...

Formatting Question For DQS7.1
Sep 17, 2012

Just starting DQS7.1 today and wondering about spacing between paragraphs.  In ASR, when the dictator says next paragraph, it goes to the next line.  Is this correct, or do I need to insert a hard return to make a like between the paragraphs?  Anybody know?  Don't want to mess up the formatting.  ...

Psychiatric AXIS I Formatting
May 31, 2013

Greetings, I recently got a gig for Psychiatric clinic and I am a little confused as to the accepted formatting for DSM diagnoses under AXIS I...  Here is what I have been doing, and it's different from examples I've seen online... I'm thinking I learned my current style from either CareerStep or working for Nuance; however, I'm not sure...  My clinic doesn't really have any concrete formatting guidelines, but I want to be using best practices nonetheless. &nbs ...

Fluency Formatting Problem.
Jul 06, 2014

Every once in a while I get the problem where the margins seem to have disappeared in that the output no longer stays in the window and I have to scroll horizontally to read the text. How do I get it back to normal? TIA ...